IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

No wonder HuskerRed doesn't hang around here anymore. UCLA at Nebraska, and we're talking football, not basketball. Since when?! My how times have changed.

I'm wonderfully torn for this Bama v Aggies game. Would find pleasure in either Saban and/or Manziel getting their teeth kicked in. Might as well sit back and enjoy a well played game. I do sure like that Coach Sumlin though.

I'm wonderfully torn for this Bama v Aggies game. Would find pleasure in either Saban and/or Manziel getting their teeth kicked in. Might as well sit back and enjoy a well played game. I do sure like that Coach Sumlin though.

One of those games it's ashame somebody has to win...

Went to law school with Terry Bowden their coach.

That's how I met his dad, Bobby.

Go Zips...

no matter the outcome great effort for them.

watched the 4th qtr...Zips were so close. Saw them in opener against UCF. Terry has them knocking on the door.

UCF having some fun in Paternoville.

Tell you what, Alabama football is no joke. They spot the Aggies 14 points and still manage a decisive victory. Anybody wanna question their #1 ranking? No? Didn't think so.

James, Oregon might have something to say about that.

Sure hope we can have an end of the year argument about which unbeaten teams play for it all.

OSU, Louisville, SEC winner, ACC winner (if unbeaten), PAC 12 (if unbeaten) would all have a dog in the fight.

Could see 'Bama , Oregon, Louisville, Ohio State, and possibly ACC winner being unbeaten.

Congrats to the Tide.

Noles looked sluggish but eventually decided to play.

Our QB has more TD's than incompletions.

:clap:

Holy cow, the Big 10 went 1 for 4 against the PAC 10, or whatever it's called nowadays? Ohio State beat Cal quite easily, but Illinois, Wisconsin, and Nebraska lost?! OMG.

That's it, I'm now only following college tennis, dammit :Cool:

Assuming Oregon can get past Stanford and even USC (I know, don't laugh), then I would love to see Oregon/Alabama for the National Championship.

Tell you where my money will be, though. Bama can spot Oregon 35 first half points if they want. My money is on 'Bama all the way. A good deficit is clearly needed for AJ McCarron to finally stop thinking about his girlfriend and all his millions that are coming his way and to start, maybe, focusing on the game at hand :smirk:

Once he focuses on the game at hand, though, it's friggen over.

This is one of those games I didn't even bother to watch! I thought the 'Bama/Aggies game was supposed to be the thriller of the weekend. Man!
I wish I'd had the option to watch it, only had talking heads and highlights. Still, a win is a win. These "coasting" games are torture. On to the new guys.

FSU played well once they started playing.

Can't believe that TX A&M qb didn't get intercepted on that mad scramble they showed on the highlights. What a bonehead to try that pass.

Assuming Oregon can get past Stanford and even USC (I know, don't laugh), then I would love to see Oregon/Alabama for the National Championship.

Tell you where my money will be, though. Bama can spot Oregon 35 first half points if they want. My money is on 'Bama all the way. A good deficit is clearly needed for AJ McCarron to finally stop thinking about his girlfriend and all his millions that are coming his way and to start, maybe, focusing on the game at hand :smirk:

A few weeks in and you've already picking who should play for the make believe "championship"?

No wonder HuskerRed doesn't hang around here anymore. UCLA at Nebraska, and we're talking football, not basketball. Since when?! My how times have changed.

My Huskers have had several massive collapses in the last couple of years. Hard to get excited about a program that could completely give up any time the going gets tough. Of course, I still watch every game but I don't have the passion for it anymore.

Plus I always got the feeling Coach Pelini hates the fans and the media, and last night a 2 year old audio clip came out confirming it. Somebody had a live mic before he did an interview, so while I find releasing it now sleazy (2 years later when his defense is struggling again) I can't say I'm surprised. I won't link the article here (definitely not safe for work) but he makes his feelings clearly understood. You can find it on deadspin.com I find his jab of "f****** fairweather fans" confusing, as we've sold out every home game since 1962. no doubt Husker fans have high expectations, but he could have used that to his advantage. A passionate fan base is a good thing. I don't think he should get fired for his tirade, but at the end of the season I suspect he'll be encouraged to find a happier place.

This from a Big Blue fan, a team that barely escaped another embarrassing loss last Sat.

Keep it up & you won't be hanging around much yerself. :grin:

This from a Big Blue fan, a team that barely escaped another embarrassing loss last Sat.

Keep it up & you won't be hanging around much yerself. :grin:

I am already "let down" proof with Michigan; disappointment after disappointment for years on end now. I'll still be here.

Holy cow, the Big 10 went 1 for 4 against the PAC 10, or whatever it's called nowadays? Ohio State beat Cal quite easily, but Illinois, Wisconsin, and Nebraska lost?! OMG.

That's it, I'm now only following college tennis, dammit :Cool:

Big 10 went 0-1 against AAC as well.

Perhaps the SEC and the Big 10/11/12whatever should swap,

Vandy for OSU?

That way OSU would be guaranteed a couple losses or more and Vandy could slip right in there ahead of Northwestern.

Works for me.

Noles going for 500th win this weekend.

Awful game vs Bethune-Cookman (replacement for the W Va backing out of contract last year).

FAMU goes up to play OSU.

Too bad we couldn't get FAMU and Bethune to play and OSU to come down and enjoy some sunshine and inhospitality in Tallahassee.

(Only Michigan State of the Big 10 ever came down here to play, we've gone to current members of that confwerence a bunch of times;

several to OSU/UMich/Nebraska and bowl games adding Indiana, PSU)

tried for years to get home and home but they be big cheekuhns...

:P

Saw an interview with the B-CC coach on the Noles game. he said all the right things except the pay day is good.

FAMU at OSU is nuts as well. Might as well schedule Wittenberg and keep the $$'s in state.

Good to hear. It's the tough years that reveal true fans.

My WSU Cougs have been doormats for years, more known for our flag making the rounds on Game Day than the play on the field; thick skin around here for the Crimson and the Gray.

You kidding or something? Michigan is at UCONN, and the NCAA demands that they win this game without help from the officials. That means the game rests entirely on their team! :eek:

So yeah, big game this weekend!

A few weeks in and you've already picking who should play for the make believe "championship"?

If you're hAggies were "awarded" the champeenship because of Johnny Fartball, would you sing the same tune?

Just askin'. :Cool:

You kidding or something? Michigan is at UCONN, and the NCAA demands that they win this game without help from the officials. That means the game rests entirely on their team! :eek:

Now that I think about it, every Mich. game is worthy of smack talk. :grin:

Yes, I agree.......me smacking you up side the head and then talking about it.

Yes, I agree.......me smacking you up side the head and then talking about it.

One day, when you're old & grey next year, you'll hope to live long enough to see Blue have the run Bama has.

What else? :lurk:

If you're hAggies were "awarded" the champeenship because of Johnny Fartball, would you sing the same tune?

Why are they "my Aggies?" I did not attend college at A+M, I don't live in Texas, and I don't follow any college football teams.

Why are they "my Aggies?" I did not attend college at A+M, I don't live in Texas, and I don't follow any college football teams.

I know you don't live in Texas anymore, but it was always my impression you're an A&M fan. If I'm mistaken, I beg forgiveness.

This is supposed to be a fun thread, but it seems when you post you're all serious about the process with regard to deciding a Nat. Champ. That's not what this thread is about. If you don't like the current system, fine. But try to lighten up, it's all about good fun and weekly games.

OK, Danny's on a roll tonight. We need somebody to step up and shut him down.

Where's MattsVStrom when you need him? C'mon Matt, tell him about Florida :Cool:

Where's MattsVStrom when you need him? C'mon Matt, tell him about Florida :Cool:

Tennessee at Florida Sat. That'll be a smack down. Might actually be worth watching to see whom sucks the most. :rofl:

You are forgiven. The only time I have anything to do with college football is when I throw a few pokes at the idea of a National Champion. I know it is highly unlikely that there will be a playoff system anytime soon, if ever, for whatever reasons, and if that is how it is going to be then so be it. But...if there are not going to be playoffs it is my contention that you can not have a National Champion.

Even Texas doesn't have enough money. Saban retires after the four-peat. :grin:

Oh no, he's back. Doesn't appear the beer has slowed him down any, either :cry:

that name is like so 3 years ago James... Sheesh.

Gators at rockyflop... We'll eke out a win, Muschamp will look like a kid having a temper tantrum and michigan will suck wind.

Again.

FSUCKS

Perhaps you can find a nice oil thread to grouse about instead?

The SEC will gladly hand you your tailfeathers.

Again.

Good morning Matt

34 to nuthin' in the first quarter......you Floraduh boys might wanna step it up some :grin:

Go Buckeyes! See ya in Pasadena!

Don J :wave:

Archived