IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Why are they "my Aggies?" I did not attend college at A+M, I don't live in Texas, and I don't follow any college football teams.

Perhaps you can find a nice oil thread to grouse about instead?

Did they name a National Oil Champion, and I missed it?

:grin:

The SEC will gladly hand you your tailfeathers.

Again.

Good morning Matt

34 to nuthin' in the first quarter......you Floraduh boys might wanna step it up some :grin:

Go Buckeyes! See ya in Pasadena!

Don J :wave:

Don,

I know that for a Big 10 team to beat someone from Florida means it's time to have a party and dance your small poisonous nuts off, but seriously man, it's Freaking FAMU, they lost about everything in the hazing scandals because their BAND is tougher than your football team, and your band...

If you manager to see the Gators in the post season, we'll dot that eye for you...

So the Spartans find another way to lose. :P

And Florida. I guess an ugly win is still a win. Ga was fun to watch. They were on the ropes for a long while. Bama is having their way with Co. St, nothing to see there.

Go Mustangs!

So the Spartans find another way to lose. :P

And Florida. I guess an ugly win is still a win. Ga was fun to watch. They were on the ropes for a long while. Bama is having their way with Co. St, nothing to see there.

Go Mustangs!

Ya gotta give UF some props though, lost a starting QB, cover corner and a few others to injury, then the #2 corner to ejection and suddenly anyone eligible within the city limits was starting to stretch in the locker room. I think Danny Wuerrfel was warming up again as QB just in case.

None the less, it's 9 wins in a row against UT.

Wow, Michigan looks terrible out there. I am shocked at how well UCONN is frustrating their game plan. Unreal.

OK, I get it. Michigan ain't that good a football team. Wow.

UCONN is pumped, excited, in the game--this winless team smells upset! My goodness :cry:

The SEC will gladly hand you your tailfeathers.

Again.

Good morning Matt

34 to nuthin' in the first quarter......you Floraduh boys might wanna step it up some :grin:

Go Buckeyes! See ya in Pasadena!

Don,

I know that for a Big 10 team to beat someone from Florida means it's time to have a party and dance your small poisonous nuts off, but seriously man, it's Freaking FAMU, they lost about everything in the hazing scandals because their BAND is tougher than your football team, and your band...

If you manager to see the Gators in the post season, we'll dot that eye for you...

There was a time, back in the day, when FAMU most likely could've handed any program a loss.

Before integration FAMU was among a handful of programs that had players faster, stronger, better, than some of the NFL.

I saw them play every year, and saw pro teams. FAMU's speed, athleticism, and fun factor to watch was the best.

The players, in the words of legendary coach Jake Gaither, were "agile, mobile, and hostile."

This link

from the Ohio papers notes that FAMU star and World 100yd dash champion, Bob Hayes (who played for Dallas) wasn't even the fastest

player on the FAMU team.

In the 80's FAMU beat the U playing the Hurricanes in FSU stadium.

Regardless of current issues the program is tradition rich with over 10 national championships in football.

With respect for their past accomplishments, this means what now?

It's like saying Bama dominated the seventies, then making excuses for the next twenty years.

With respect for their past accomplishments, this means what now?

It's like saying Bama dominated the seventies, then making excuses for the next twenty years.

Yep, I agree.

Not quite.

It is a reflection on how integration has changed college football.

Any expectation of "competition" in these games is misplaced.

Besides, it was the OSU story about past links to FAMU that was cited.

Don't see any reason to break a sweat about it.

Now if Alabama had to play LSU's schedule, maybe something to worry about.

:lurk:

Maybe good ol Will "Dale Carnegie" Muschump can move Easley over to the O-line where he can get some rest and rehab a bit? They're not doing nuthin, I'm sure they could use some extra company.

Wes4.jpg

Noles travel to Boston College.

A matchup between 2 of the 9 colleges I went to.

REally enjoyed rooting for the Eagles when I was at BC but in this game, Go Noles!

LSU-UGA having a whale of a game, 24-17 at the half in favor of them Dawgs.

Ole Miss at Bama this evening should be interesting. Those Rebels can be troublesome.

DAWGS!

What a game! Bama better watch out in Atlanta, those boys are serious.

We'll see. LSU is not the LSU of the past few seasons, that's for sure. That was obvious to me just watching the game. Last years LSU and it wouldn't have even been worth tuning in to.

OK, so I'm not a believer in Georgia.

Alabama will steamroll over them and simply provide ESPN with footage for the highlight reels. That's my prediction right there.

Wow, Lane Kiffin out at USC after last night's loss at ASU.

Can't believe LSU lost at Georgia.

Would have liked to see ND upset Oklahoma.

Glad Michigan had the weekend off. That gave countless people like me the weekend off!

I was t the LasU UGA game. I left disappointed but when you score 41 points in an SEC top ten match up and lose, you probably deserved it. UGAs offense is very good. Defense, not so much. Very much like LSU. Oregon would burn up the scoreboard on either team. Gotta gave a D in the SEC...

Was pleased to see W Va with former FSU QB Clint Trickett

upset OklaState.

Happy day in the Trickett house.

Go Noles!

#25 Terps @ #8 Noles. I smell an upset. Go Terps. :grin:

After the abysmal season the Terps had last year (Linebacker playing QB at the end of the season anyone?), being ranked in the top 100 is surprising to me, much less the top 25.

My guess would be that they learn a lot more about themselves this game, but FSU prevails.

I wouldn't mind being wrong though. :rofl:

Youse guyz are funny.

Last meeting for ??? as Merryluhnd is bolting to the Big 10/11/12/whatever it is next year.

FSU by thirty...

go Noles!

Wonder if Saban suspended his best DB becasue of team rules

or something bigger?

Oh wait, they're playing the 0-4 Jorja Stayuht kitty cats,

nevermind.

At least the Gayayters are playing an SEC team.

Sorry I wasn't feeling too well last night, I only caught the first half of the Texas @ ISU game. Looks like it ended up a doozy of a game. Dang.

And look at UCLA football. Wow!

Hate as you will, but nothing will come of it.

I only report the news.

to support my agenda that is...

Something fishy when the #1 DB in the next draft is only getting $500.

it's AL... things are cheap there.

You know, like, game officials.

So, USC gives Lane Kiffin the axe, seems like karma due to his bailing out so suddenly on Tennesse.....I suggested to my co-worker and USC fan that Jim Tressel ain't doin' much these days, maybe he could come on out here and show 'em how it's done....

My Co-worker strongly suggested that I go do something that's anatomically impossible :dopeslap:

Go Buckeyes

See you guys in Pasadena

Archived