IGNORED

THE 2013 College Football Thread...

Huzband

Well, they did win state championship and send a boatload to D 1 schools, but fortunately not 'Bama, so no AMW.

I hear they're looking at a 9-2 season, 9 arrests, 2 convictions :rofl:

Both of our local schools that played on nationa tv this weekend won.

Closest (where our kids went) travels again, up to play DeMatha (another national HS powerhouse)

next weekend.

We'll see...

With Urban Crier going to OSU and taking his SEC checkbook with him, who knows?

The rest of the BEEG 10/11/12 or so haven't figured out what Urban knowzz so it will be fun to watch MSU sink his ship. Maybe he can get visor tossing lessons from the Ol Ball Coach Hisself.

Having a former Gator come and coach our Buckeyes was a bitter pill to swallow.....

OSU's prez had to ask the Norte Dame priests to come preform an exorcism ;)

See you in Pasadena!

Don J :wave:

Having a former Gator come and coach our Buckeyes was a bitter pill to swallow.....

(linky no work first time)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/30/ohio-state-gordon-gee-notre-dame-catholics/2372731/

OSU's prez had to ask the Norte Dame priests to come preform an exorcism ;)

See you in Pasadena!

Don J :wave:

The SEC will gladly hand you your tailfeathers.

Again.

THE BALLAD OF JOHNNY FOOTBALL

He came out of Kerrville like a bat out of hell

A scrambling wildman name of Johnny Manziel

The Hill Country boy rose from nothing to glorious

But these days his name is mostly notorious

The high life and fast times of Johnny Football

Sheds a hard inner light on each of us all

Love him? Hate him?

Drink with him? Date him?

Do your feelings about ol' No. 2

Say more about him, or more about you?

Found trouble before he played his first game

Bar fight, fake ID – a season suspension came

But Kevin Sumlin (2) stepped in, as coaches will do

Wrote a letter, got him cleared, saved ol' No. 2

Johnny was free to light up the Southeast

Even took down 'Bama (3), the game's biggest beast

Kid won the Heisman; he was daring and brilliant

Now we'll find out if he's also resilient

Johnny Manziel. (Credit: AP)

The high life and fast times of Johnny Football

Sheds a hard inner light on each of us all

Love him? Hate him?

Drink with him? Date him?

Do your feelings about ol' No. 2

Say more about him, or more about you?

The summer has been a Texas-sized mess

A smug party boy paid the price of success

But did he also get paid for signing his name?

And rule himself out of every A&M game?

The world waits and wonders, will John play or sit?

Either result will induce hissy fits

The fate of the kid has engrossed us all

In the high life and fast times of Johnny Football

Firefight911

OK, Larry. I read it. Cute, but, you forgot the most important part of any poem or story......

THE END

Bye Bye Johnny No-Mo-Football

OK, Larry. I read it. Cute, but, you forgot the most important part of any poem or story......

THE END

Bye Bye Johnny No-Mo-Football

LOL!!!!

Johnny got his hand slapped...half a game suspension for the opener. At least that's what i just read and it's conflicting. One article said NCAA was ok with that the other was A&M made the decision.

from ESPN.."The agreement between the NCAA and Texas A&M closes the book on Manziel's recent issues, a source told McMurphy."

Johnny got his hand slapped...half a game suspension for the opener. At least that's what i just read and it's conflicting. One article said NCAA was ok with that the other was A&M made the decision.

from ESPN.."The agreement between the NCAA and Texas A&M closes the book on Manziel's recent issues, a source told McMurphy."

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry Phil

Are you ready for some more Johnny Football?

:wave:

Firefight911

:rofl::rofl:

Sorry Phil

Are you ready for some more Johnny Football?

Ugh. Fine! Just no more rhymes.

These asshats need to stop ruining the sport. How about you show up, put your all in, do your best, walk away at the end of the game.

Meanwhile, we have a player who lived in Switzerland

and played 2 games with a club over there.

No money.

He lost an entire year of eligibility.

It is being appealed again, as it was turned down by the NCAA.

He, the player, revealed this through a form he completed.

No one had even heard of this happening.

Come on, excellent student with no issues.

Too bad the memorabilia sellers won't fess up but they're askairt

of losing $$$.

He did it, we know it, and it will come back to bite him and the school.

Once the kid is out of school he'll brag about it.

Interesting choice of words by NCAA, "should have known", sounds like PSU.

Tip of the iceberg...

Come to think of it, tonight is GAME TIME, BABY :thumbsup:

Week 1 gets underway.

Predictions? Who is going to suffer the major, embarrasing upsets this weekend? It always happens you know, upsets, surprises, major teams showing up unprepared--on any Saturday, baby :Cool:

Predictions? Who is going to suffer the major, embarrasing upsets this weekend?

Who's turn is it to beat UM?

This week, it's Central Michigan's turn to...hey, wait a second :mad:

This week, it's Central Michigan's turn to...hey, wait a second :mad:

:rofl::wave:

Georgia is at Clemson? That's the game of the weekend! C'mon Clemson, I don't care what the rankings say, you're the underdog in this game. Make it happen!

You bet I'll have an eye on that 'Bama at VT game, too.

How about that win by FSU!

Great win for bulldogs.

Towson shocks UConn.

Great win for tigers.

So what does that mean for GA/Dawgs vs Clemson/Tigers???

Week 1 gets underway.

Predictions? Who is going to suffer the major, embarrasing upsets this weekend? It always happens you know, upsets, surprises, major teams showing up unprepared--on any Saturday, baby :Cool:

Well, my SUU (FCS) beat South Alabama (FBS) 22-21 on a last second field goal - T Birds!

(and this comes a day after SUU beat higher ranked UCSB at soccer with a last minute goal)

Week 1 gets underway.

Well, my SUU (FCS) beat South Alabama (FBS) 22-21 on a last second field goal - T Birds!

(and this comes a day after SUU beat higher ranked UCSB at real football with a last minute goal)

Fixed.

I'd be happy if we just beat Appalachian State, Ann Arbor Middle school, and OSU. That will be a winning season.

Don't forget those over-hyped, color blind bums from Notre Dumb. That's a must win every season for me, even if they go 0-fer in all the other games.

I don't care about the warm-up bands. The season doesn't officially start till tomorrow evening when Bama, once again, kicks VT's teeth in.

Clowney wasn't too impressive last night was he? Forget the ol' ball coach making Atlanta. A dozen doughnuts says he retires after their Citrus Bowl.

As for Manziel's little slap on the heiney, it's not worth talking about. A&M will get their comeuppance this year. It's back to earth time, boys.

ROLL TIDE!

Firefight911

Way to go Michigan!!!! 59-9 win over the CMU Chippewa.

Lots of improvement needed but much better than last year.

Way to go Michigan!!!! 59-9 win over the CMU Chippewa.

Lots of improvement needed but much better than last year.

Big time "Like" :thumbsup:

Next week, Notre Dame. That's the real season opener for us.

Georgia @ Clemson is proving to be a real game. Not being broadcast up here, but I am following the scores when the TV shows them. Wish I could see that game.

C'mon Clemson!

LSU @ TCU is good, but LSU had better win this one.

Eastern Washington over Oregon State - Go BigSky!

Last year SUU beat EWU in a massive upset, it was a great game. Looks like SUU's quarterback from that game, Brad Sorenson, has made the Charger's roster.

Georgia @ Clemson is proving to be a real game. Not being broadcast up here, but I am following the scores when the TV shows them. Wish I could see that game.

C'mon Clemson!

LSU @ TCU is good, but LSU had better win this one.

Watching Ga/Clemson. Tied at 21 at the half, & it's already proving to be the game of the year. The second half will be, to quote the great Keith Jackson, "a real slobber knocker". C'mon SEC!

Bama's offense didn't look good tonight. The score doesn't tell the story.

Manboy needs to be sat down. He has no respect, not even for his coach.

Well, he has one week to get his sh-stuff together. Big game next weekend at Texas A&M!

Strike that, more like 14 days, isn't it? Doh!

And that's what concerns me. A&M has another warm-up game & Bama doesn't.

But then they have a cocky head-case for a qb, & we don't. Should be a good game, I just hope not too good.

Eastern Washington over Oregon State - Go BigSky!

EWU QB - Vernon Adams. 23-of-30 for 411 yards, 4 TDs, zero picks, 107 rush yards and two rush TDs

Hope he's busy when they play SUU...

I am noticing the big upset you are pointing out to us, Bob. Every weekend blood is spilled among the favored teams, it's always just a question of who it's gonna be. This weekend it was Oregon State that went down. Oh, and Kansas State, too!

I am noticing the big upset you are pointing out to us, Bob. Every weekend blood is spilled among the favored teams, it's always just a question of who it's gonna be. This weekend it was Oregon State that went down. Oh, and Kansas State, too!
Yep, but you are looking at it from the big guy's perspective, just another upset. For those of us in the FCS it's huge, only the 4th time an FCS team has beaten a ranked team! I'm associated by marriage with Southern Utah of the Big Sky Conference, pretty much the first time I've taken notice of college football other than the Cal-Stanford Axe game when I lived in the SF Bay Area. Anyway, glad you noticed!

(SUU plays their first home game next week against Fort Lewis, hope there isn't an upset!)

Joe Frickin' Friday

I emailed this to my family today.

Howdy folks –

An interesting couple of days in college football. Apparently it’s not unusual for a big-school team to pay a small-school team to play them and take a beating. The idea, I guess, is to give the big-school team some confidence with an easy win – and along the way, the small school team makes a few bucks.

It doesn’t always go according to plan. A few years ago for example, the University of Michigan was defeated by the unknown Appalachian State.

So what happened today and yesterday? Three uneven matches went down. Today, the University of Michigan beat the hell out of the Central Michigan Chippewas. Score? 59-9. Ouch.

And before that, the UW Badgers – my grad-school alma mater – went up against Dad’s alma mater. Yeah, they played the Minutemen from the University of Massachusetts. Sorry Dad, the Badgers scored all the points today: they won 45-0.

And there was yet another lopsided matchup last night, this time between my undergrad alma mater (North Dakota State University) and Kansas State University. Surprise: in this case, the Thundering Herd went home with a $350,000 payment, AND a victory against the KSU Wildcats, 24-21.

It’s been a good weekend – and there’s still two days left. :grin:

Cheers -

Mitch

Anyone want an autograph?

I get money for my autographs. I did once sign a bunch of them at the Oakland Coliseum due to a seating assignment with a bunch of international soccer coaches. The kids didn't know who any of us were so collected them all.

Watching LSU take over Jerry's house was sure fun. It blows my mind how LSU can fill an away stadium and make it a home field advantage.

Those Tiger fans are sure a fun bunch.

We sat next to some TCU fans and they appeared to be a bit baffled. The wife kept asking her husband where all the TCU fans were.

Cam has the offense looking pretty sweet and it sure is nice to see.

Eric,

I guess I am going to have to remind you that we can take a hour and a half ride to College Station and see some real SEC football. Let me know if you are game to see a real team play.

Eric,

I guess I am going to have to remind you that we can take a hour and a half ride to College Station and see some real SEC football. Let me know if you are game to see a real team play.

We did that already.....we won, remember?

This year you are coming to our house. If JFF isn't dead, in jail, or suspended by our game this year I'd invite you out Tiger Stadium. A bit more lively than Kyle Field in all respects.

Good luck in keeping that ship floating....

How 'bout that debut?

25 of 27 over 350 yards, 4 passing/1 rushing for 5 total TD's.

:clap:

A lot of people know who Jameis Winston is now.

And how to pronounce his name.

:grin:

Go Noles!

That was a fun long weekend in the Sunshine State. Timmy, it sure looks like the 'Noles had no problem reloading at the QB position. Jameis Winston went 25/27 for 356 yards and 4 TDs, 3 of them to O'Leary. Jack ought to be happy. The two passes that didn't count as completions weren't dropped either. Looks like the team must be using stickum.

The 'Canes looked good too. The Gators looked, well, I don't know because I don't watch them unless the 'Canes or 'Noles are playing those reptiles.

For HS Football Fans: We have an interesting match-up coming up between the Maxpreps Composite National #1 Miami Central vs #2 Booker T. this Friday. I don't recall the last time that has happened, but that is captured the attention of SoFla football fans.

And if you are a Notre Dame fan, and agree with your coach's assessment that your series with Michigan is not really a time-honored tradition nor rivalry, you suck. Please have your team join the ACC so my 'Noles can continue their time-honored tradition of whupping up on your ass. See you in 2014, while the Wolverines will see you next week. Go Blue!

Jake,

WRT HS football, back in the 60's Miami High and Coral Gables

won mythical national titles.

Their games in the Orange Bowl drew 45-55,000 fans.

Clemson still looked like the team to beat, but, their QB's started for several years, let's give Jameis a few more starts but it is encouraging.

UofF vs UM will be fun...

the noles looked good. the offensive game plan was perfect for the QB. only caught the 1st half. going to be interesting when they get the perfect mix of passing/ground game going.

motorcycle crash dude could be in for a big season as well.

Dan Marino has been heard to say that the 2006 Lakeland vs. St. Thomas Aquinas State Final was the best single football game he'd ever seen. I was there too, and I agree. St. Thomas extracted their revenge against Lakeland in a subsequent final, but this one came down to a controversial last play, and God doesn't even know the outcome. Delicious stuff. Dolphins Stadium, nearly packed.

There were a number of future NFL players that were on the field that day. Chris Rainey enjoyed protection from the Pouncey brothers all damn evening.

Archived