IGNORED

Yammy Super Tenere....

AZKomet

Firefight911

I did it!!!

Ordered my blue one today.

Oh yeah baby!!!!

Dealer gave me a great deal! Well below MSRP and added the 4 year extended warranty and new Alpinestar boots.

I learn my delivery date Monday.

I did it!!!

Ordered my blue one today.

Oh yeah baby!!!!

Dealer gave me a great deal! Well below MSRP and added the 4 year extended warranty and new Alpinestar boots.

wELL nOW - dat's some kinda sweet news, Phillippe'

If you've had your ear to the ground it seems the delivery dates have changed dramatically from May to June to July to August to...?

So your blue beauty will be here at some point...my 12-5-10 order prolly will be here late June ima guessing.

Congrat's on the order, brutha - me thinks it'll be a worldbeater.!

I only sat on one today at the Daytona bike show but it felt better than the Triumph 800 Tiger for me. The Tiger I test rode. It had a great motor ,(very fast and smoothe) the seat was hard, the suspension was a little stiff but probably can be adjusted. The bars were forward and down further than I like. I'll test ride the Tenere tomorrow.

I just rode the Tenere. For the weight of the bike , it felt very well balanced and easy to handle. The engine was smoothe and powerful . The suspension was very good. The seat felt better than most stock. I would bring the bars back and possibly narrow them a bit.I don't think there's anything to complain about. 60 mph was just barely over 3000 rpm. A friend I rode with said the drivetrain felt better than the BMW 12 gs he has due to less backlash. He also siad the BWM has more torque. I would buy one if it turns out my 650 V-Strom doesn't work for me. 26000 mile valve adjustment intervals also.

Richard_D, you are one up on a lot of the guys that have one ordered, they could only sit on one. Plus some others have not even seen the bike. Glad you got to test ride.

Fly to Daytona , I'll pick you up at the airport and give you a place to stay . You can test ride one yourself.. I forgot to mention , the stock windshield needs to be changed in my opinion. The good news is , my Madstad adjustable bracket on my V-strom looks like it will bolt right up. If not , they make a universal one that might work too.

Thanks for the offer. I have ridden one. There is an adjustable mount already by WaspWorks in Australia. The screen was fine when I took it on the interstate in Dallas, but I usually change them to an adjustable also.

.........Dealer gave me a great deal! Well below MSRP and added the 4 year extended warranty and new Alpinestar boots.

Huh? What? They cut you a deal like that on a hot new model? You must have some compromising photos of the dealer.....

Firefight911
.........Dealer gave me a great deal! Well below MSRP and added the 4 year extended warranty and new Alpinestar boots.

Huh? What? They cut you a deal like that on a hot new model? You must have some compromising photos of the dealer.....

Nooooooo! Sheesh!

Interestingly enough though, Jamie and I and Amelia dropped back in to this dealer so I could introduce the staff to Jamie and Amelia. Every single person who I have dealt with during this process stopped, came over, introduced themselves to Jamie, had a nice chat, etc. They congratulated us, thanked us profusely, and invited all of us in to hang out at any time. Even if only for a cup of water, coffee, or a muffin.

On the opposite side of the coin, we also went to the BMW dealer where I picked up my F800GS, where it has been for the last 12 days. I was met with blank stares and deer in the headlight looks and I had to remind them why I was there. Also this was the first time I took Amelia in to be seen. Not a comment, interest, or otherwise expressed from people I have dealt with there for years. Collected the bike and left.

Paul Mihalka

You can find good people and jerks anywhere. That is not brand related. I hope at least the F800 will work for you now.

Firefight911
You can find good people and jerks anywhere. That is not brand related. I hope at least the F800 will work for you now.

Why did you have to say that! It was just picked up and is now on a trailer back to the shop.....puking oil from either the oil filter, oil cooler or somewhere else near there.

Paul Mihalka

Why did you have to say that! It was just picked up and is now on a trailer back to the shop.....puking oil from either the oil filter, oil cooler or somewhere else near there.

Ouch! I'm sorry!

Firefight911
I'm sure these guys test ride before signing off? How does that happen? I would be so paranoid of that shop by now.

I am using them as BMWNA has asked me to as we wade through the myriad of things going on along with my requests of BMWNA. At this point it would be very unfair of me to ask another shop to start on this stuff.

You did ride my K bike saga relating to test rides, right? :dopeslap:

Firefight911

Ouch! I'm sorry!

Now it has a defective oil heat exchanger.

OK, I know, hijack. I'm done! :(

Well I am very anxious to here the review from you boys!

I have owned a few Yamaha's and have some past experiences.

My RT is gonna stick with me for quite a while longer. But maybe if this bike is still raved about in a few years . . . . :grin:

I sure could have used it today. Cold, windy and I was tired. Had to be the first time I rode the Duc like my pickup. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine just got back from Africa where he rented a Tenere for 3 days. He rode 2 up on all types of terrain. Gravel, dirt , rocks and street. He said he'd buy one tomorrow. If you wan't I can pm you his e-mail.

Firefight911
A friend of mine just got back from Africa where he rented a Tenere for 3 days. He rode 2 up on all types of terrain. Gravel, dirt , rocks and street. He said he'd buy one tomorrow. If you wan't I can pm you his e-mail.

This has been a pretty consistent type of feedback from those who have spent time with this bike.

Looking forward to it....whenever that might be. More important that Japan get on its feet than I get my new bike. I'll continue to ride my current one until then.

Same here, would buy it tomorrow if it arrived, but Japan is a little busy at the moment.

Heard that China turned one of their ships back due to radiation over their limits.

Another big container ship company has hired a private company to scan everything being loaded on their container ship when in Japan.

Trying times to say the least for Japan right now.

I'm thinking Tom Hanks needs to get Fedex to run a couple of their cargo planes over there to pickup some Yamahas. :thumbsup:

FYI, the PDP bikes are not actually due till June, so they are not late yet!

Paul Mihalka

"I'm thinking Tom Hanks needs to get Fedex to run a couple of their cargo planes over there to pickup some Yamahas :thumbsup: "

Careful what you wish for! They might end up in the water next to a little island...

Firefight911
"I'm thinking Tom Hanks needs to get Fedex to run a couple of their cargo planes over there to pickup some Yamahas :thumbsup: "

Careful what you wish for! They might end up in the water next to a little island...

122_0701_02_z%20bmw_napoli_ship_crash%20beached_bmw.jpg

BTDT!

Went to the Overland Expo in AZ today and saw some great stuff. Lots of exotic 4WD vehicles and motos. Hundreds of vendors. The Touratech booth had this Yammie there with their new bags attached. Looked pretty good!

1236401348_26DUW-XL.jpg

Went to the Overland Expo in AZ today and saw some great stuff. Lots of exotic 4WD vehicles and motos. Hundreds of vendors. The Touratech booth had this Yammie there with their new bags attached. Looked pretty good!

1236401348_26DUW-XL.jpg

If anyone remembers the old "water bumpers" they put on cars in the '70's, it looks like Touratech redesigned them to protect their hard bags.

• 1 month later...
Firefight911

A good update report on the Tenere;

LINKY

Since my F800GS is STILL in the shop (since April 8) this added wait is really no bother. Heck, the time between now and the end of November will still be less than my last two BMWs have spent in the shop!

A good update report on the Tenere;

LINKY

Since my F800GS is STILL in the shop (since April 8) this added wait is really no bother. Heck, the time between now and the end of November will still be less than my last two BMWs have spent in the shop!

I bet it will be worth the wait.

:thumbsup:

Oh yeah......the ol' Tenere kinda slipped my mind. Since I'm officially shopping, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to swing by the local Yammie dealer and see whats cookin

• 4 weeks later...

Damn I wish I knew how much they were going to jack the price up next year. I really don't like the idea of a rushed production run. I deal with it all the time at work, and it always spells trouble in the warranty department

Firefight911

Rushed production? No, I highly doubt that this is the case here. What is there to be rushed? They set up the production line for the US run which will take 2 to 3 weeks based on the units sold (info from another forum site), they run it, done. It's just shipping after this.

I think Yamaha has done a fantastic job here - Original pre earthquake schedule STARTED deliveries in May. Post earthquake had the schedule to COMPLETE deliveries by November. This was done as they coordinated with their suppliers on the impact they felt and the time they needed to get the parts to the production facility. Now that they have ascertained their supplier issues and shipping issues it is prudent to put the schedule more in line with their original expectations. I would venture to say that they were planning all along to under promise and over deliver on this.

As an interesting point to this, I ordered mine in March and was given an August delivery date. This means I get mine on time even in light of the earthquake.

Great news Yamaha, I think. I have never had such mixed emotions, LOL. The more I ride the Multi, the more I want to keep it, but the S10 is the best bike for me in the long run I believe.

Jean was riding 2up when I ordered the S10, now she has her own bike again. I need to see Dr. Phil, LOL.

Course, if the S10 is the long bike, sell the Multi and get the 1100 EVO Monster for short bike. I need a bigger garage!

Firefight911

Just remember David;

The answer to the age old question of how many bikes is enough is ALWAYS..........one more!

:rofl: (re: advice to Phil)

Glad to see you're riding again Jean! Trust you folks are high and dry and staying out of the path of the weather we're reading about.

P & K

Hi Rocer, I'm still telling people about that fresh corn, and then taking the husks off the premises so as not to attract the bears to your property! One of the highlights of our trip to NH.

markgoodrich
Great news Yamaha, I think. I have never had such mixed emotions, LOL. The more I ride the Multi, the more I want to keep it, but the S10 is the best bike for me in the long run I believe.

Jean was riding 2up when I ordered the S10, now she has her own bike again. I need to see Dr. Phil, LOL.

Course, if the S10 is the long bike, sell the Multi and get the 1100 EVO Monster for short bike. I need a bigger garage!

I'm really interested in the Multi; wish I could get a test ride on one.

David, you'll need some destinations for the Super "T" and we'd also like to see a "White Monster" so we'll keep the corn pot boilin'. Besides, we have to take you and Jean to see "Hanson's Draw" where the moose hang out. I do wish you guys would stop talking about GS category machines tho as I'm getting the itch.

I'm really interested in the Multi; wish I could get a test ride on one.

I changed the oil and filter on your Multi today (7000 mi), new PR2 for the front tomorrow!

Archived