IGNORED

Yammy Super Tenere....

AZKomet

My friend told me to post here that he got tired of waiting and bought the 800 Tiger. He also said he thinks he got a better bike. I just think he was impatient . The 800 may be better for dirt but who wants to haul ass on either bike in the dirt.

nO lAUNCH on the XC800.Felt like the bike had an anchor tied to it. The Yammy S10 launches like a torquey stump puller.

Better hold on..it'll pull your arms outta the sockets. w00t

• 2 weeks later...
Firefight911

It's official. BMW bought another one back from me today!!! Bye, bye F800GS. That's two in less than a year they have bought back!!!!

Oh, sorry, this is a Yamaha thread. BWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA..........helloooooooooo Yamaha!

It's official. BMW bought another one back from me today!!! Bye, bye F800GS. That's two in less than a year they have bought back!!!!

Oh, sorry, this is a Yamaha thread. BWWAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA..........helloooooooooo Yamaha!

Phil, are you going to buy a K1600GTL?

Firefight911

Phil, are you going to buy a K1600GTL?

Now that right there is funny!!!!!!!

I need to get rid of a bike or two also, but reckon I will have to sell them to . . . . PUBLIC.

Glad you have a level playing field now, this Super Tenere is gonna be the cat's a$$!

Matts_12GS

I really wanted to like it until I saw it at Bike Week...

Now, I'm happy with my 2005 GS, I guess I really am the cheapest part on my motorcycle ;-)

I have to ask.

Phil, are you changing your screen name to 1YAMAHAfan?

I've waited for someone to ask that question.

Geez, I can't believe this thread still has legs.

Firefight911
I have to ask.

Phil, are you changing your screen name to 1YAMAHAfan?

I've waited for someone to ask that question.

Geez, I can't believe this thread still has legs.

Nah, no name changes here. I chose firefight911 for the Yamaha Super Tenere forum though. I figure that one should be good for a while. :)

As for legs on this thread. Nope, no legs, this things get wheels! :)

Predicting what a thread will do is risky business around here. :grin:

I know big risk, no telling what might happen in the future!

24l4hnb.jpg

Great pic Dave. As I recall, there were boxes of new BMWs washing up on the beach in the UK a few years back from a sinking ship.

• 1 month later...
Firefight911

WooHoo!!!!! They have arrived!!! Just got this from my dealer;

The bikes arrived in LA today and are being cleared by logistics for shipment. We expect the units to arrive in 7~10 Days. We’ll contact you ASAP for you to plan to take delivery.

Oh yea!!!! What a month August is gonna be!!!!! I just got my buyback money from BMW for the F800GS, I get promoted to Captain on Monday, my bike will be here within the week from that, and I turn 44 on August 31. Happy Friggin' Birthday to ME!!!

CoarsegoldKid

hyjack

Sunday at the MotoGP a 1600GTL parked next to me as I was standing there. I resisted the urge to talk and I was more interested in other things at the moment. Heck said I should have asked, "How the beta testing was going"? Boy they sure are big.

I understand the BLUE ones might glow in the dark just a tad for a few weeks.

That is the Yamaha rider sterility control.

Firefight911
I understand the BLUE ones might glow in the dark just a tad for a few weeks.

That is the Yamaha rider sterility control.

That right there is funny!!!!

155 miles this evening, only saw 1 deer, she just walked across the road (too hot to run).

supert.jpg

Thanks Nathan, now I gotta run, later!

supert_ride.jpg

Lessee.....39 pages of Yamaha Tenere. :eek:

'Bout time we get to the ride tales.

Waiting on some reports Mr. Hanson

:)

MB>

Firefight911
Lessee.....39 pages of Yamaha Tenere. :eek:

'Bout time we get to the ride tales.

Waiting on some reports Mr. Hanson

:)

MB>

No kidding, huh!? Man, I have to wait up to another week to get mine. Darn!

mINE is coming in a week. It's confirmed in Chicago warehouse.

I guess I can wait yet another 8 days after all this time.

No biggie.

Best of luck with it David, heck it's a Yamaha never mind. Ride on! :grin:

Do I see a sub forum in the making?

Pat

What's with the oil filter sticking out in front like that? Looks like a nice spot to take a hit and get punctured... hopefully Yamaha or the aftermarket has a guard for it. Nice bike though.

I noticed that.

No problem if you don't hit something.

Like GS's most of the usage will probably not put the rider at risk of that.

I hope...

Looks ez enuf to change.

Good looking bike Dave. I guess the final judgement will be if mamma approves it for riding on the back :wave:

I'll be making oil/filter FD oil change probably today, luggage install this weekend most likely, I'm ready to travel! She is planning a ride to Talimena soon, but she will be on her bike. She loves that thing.

I have been off road several times already, but will not be going up Imogene! LOL If it was not for the big stairsteps tho, it would be fine on that trail. Very nice engine and 1st gear is very smooth for picking along on a trail. Yamaha really did a nice job. I'm impressed.

255 miles. Gonna mow the grass before I head out again so momma will not think I am just goofing off all day. :-)

Good looking bike Dave. I guess the final judgement will be if mamma approves it for riding on the back :wave:

Gonna mow the grass before I head out again so momma will not think I am just goofing off all day. :-)

You mean it came with a lawnmower attachment??? :rofl:

Sweet machine Dave. Looking forward to the RR's. You do know that a Trans Canada Adventure Trail is in the works don't you?)

Hi to Jean! :wave:

A run up to Canada would be welcome about now, this heat is getting old, but we have been getting some mini breaks, shower yesterday and cloudy this morning for my 250 mile ride local.

Jean and I are headed to the Talimena in the morning, should be at least 10 degrees cooler up there. :-)

You can change your signature line when you stop goofing off..

12 Super Tenere (ordered) being ridden

And a new avatar.

Firefight911

BAM!!!!

Dealer just called. They just took crated delivery of my bike!!! Last three of the VIN - 052.

Based on logistics of MY schedule, I will be picking it up on Aug 4. I am gonna go see it tomorrow though! (First base with any luck, Larry!!!)

Can you make any comparisons to the 1050 Tiger yet ?

:lurk:

I stopped an oogled at a 1050 in a parking lot a couple of weeks ago. It looks pretty sharp to me. Ogles almost turned to lust, but I restrained myself.

What's with the oil filter sticking out in front like that?

They must have copied the F800GS figuring BMW MUST know what they're doing...(insert smartalak remark here)

Archived