IGNORED

Yammy Super Tenere....

AZKomet

Can you make any comparisons to the 1050 Tiger yet ?

Good question. I really liked the Tiger after modifying the suspension. The Super T has adjustable suspension and 1.6" more travel up front! I think you can feel the weight about the same, but the Tiger had tighter rake (23.9 degrees?) super T has 28, I did pull the forks up 1/2" so may be slightly less than that now.

More power on the Super T, maybe. The Multi 12 has clouded my memory some, as it will smoke them both, plus much lighter and stops quicker. Think the Tiger felt better on the brakes, but the Super T is still new (900 miles) and I take a long time to get used to a new bike. Took me 10 months to warm to the Multi. LOL.

MPG is like 50 on the Super T and 6 gal tank, so it will out last both of them quiet a ways.

10 MTS 1200 Standard (For Sale)

That is all I needed

Don't believe everything you read, I just put that in there for the accountant.

What's with the oil filter sticking out in front like that?

They must have copied the F800GS figuring BMW MUST know what they're doing...(insert smartalak remark here)

I hope they didn't copy the shock mount bolt at the top! YIKES!! LOL

You can change your signature line when you stop goofing off..

12 Super Tenere (ordered) being ridden

And a new avatar.

My friend was supposed to send me some of me on the Multi, but guess they got lost in the mail.

You can change your signature line when you stop goofing off..

12 Super Tenere (ordered) being ridden

And a new avatar.

My friend was supposed to send me some of me on the Multi, but guess they got lost in the mail.

After I road it I realized you wouldn't have it for long so.....why bother.

:wave:

Firefight911
What's with the oil filter sticking out in front like that?

They must have copied the F800GS figuring BMW MUST know what they're doing...(insert smartalak remark here)

I hope they didn't copy the shock mount bolt at the top! YIKES!! LOL

HEY!!! Knock it off!!! You're gonna make me have nightmares!!!

Firefight911

I went to visit my new Tenere today. They were building and prepping it today.

Got to start it, sit on it, stand on it, check her out. I made it to first base with her. So far so good!!!!

She sounds amazing! Nice throaty sound and what seems to be quite a snappy throttle. Not sure the differences on California bikes but I am really looking forward to getting with David to find out.

August 4 can't get here quick enough!!!

I have my winglets and heated grips. First farkles await.

I had heated grips today! The best thing about the Super T, I can still see Jean no matter how far back she gets, mirrors are working mirrors!

Sorry Multi12, you just get no respect.

Firefight911
I think a guy that bans himself should not be allowed to have a thread continue this long.

...just sayin

Now that's funny!

I'm getting her started early!!

053-XL.jpg

I understand the BLUE ones might glow in the dark just a tad for a few weeks.

aCTUALLY, i'VE got that already covered for the owners...

IMAG0159.jpg

lOOKS lIKE 2:00 pm ish for my Central time zone pickup.

They take 5 loooong hours to do a set up...

Everyone else is 2:00 - 2.5 hours...crazy dealer.!

I think a guy that bans himself should not be allowed to have a thread continue this long.

...just sayin

Now that's funny!

053-XL.jpg

She's REALLY looking at that K1600 over in the corner...

MB>

I stopped an oogled at a 1050 in a parking lot a couple of weeks ago. It looks pretty sharp to me. Ogles almost turned to lust, but I restrained myself.

I rode the 1050 last summer when Triumph was doing one of their demo days. I liked it. But it's not a dual sport by any sense of the word. Similar to my Buell Ulysses in that you can easily take it on fire roads, but I wouldn't take it too far off-road (although, I have taken the Uly a few places it really shouldn't have gone... it needs real tires which is the #1 problem). The new Tiger 800, is really what I would compare to the Tenere. I have resisted the urge to ride the Tiger 800 because I don't want to have that lust feeling with three bikes already. I barely have enough time to ride the three I have. ;)

Wayne

These are the tire of choice for the Super T, I will stay with the OEM Metzler Tourance EXP till they are gone.

Heidenau K60 Scouts

Tire1.jpg

Watch those Tourance EXP's......lots of people over on ADV seem to be less than pleased with them. Most are going back to the standard Tourance (at least on the GS's)

Those Heidenau's look like a nice tire. More aggressive, but still not a knobby.

Dave, you might want to check out the MEFO Explorer tires. SW Mototires has them. When the Heidenau K60s were back ordered, I gave the MEFOs a try and love them. They look like a K60 clone. I've got 4K on the set on my KTM and they still have plenty of rubber left. Over 12mm of tread depth.

On street the Anakee IIs are great.

I would not put Tourances on my bikes ever again. They don't work good in rain and mine cup way too soon.

I may try the Conti Attact Trails

YMMV

Dave, you might want to check out the MEFO Explorer tires. SW Mototires has them. When the Heidenau K60s were back ordered, I gave the MEFOs a try and love them. They look like a K60 clone. I've got 4K on the set on my KTM and they still have plenty of rubber left. Over 12mm of tread depth.

+1 for Mefo

I run a Mefo front on the GS and it is outstanding

Wow....the MEFOs look good too. Nice to see some new "all terrain" options instead either a street tire Vs. pure knobby options.

My assessment after trying several is that the MEFO is a goo "true" 50/50 tire. All the others seem to be more of an 80/20 (road/dirt) tire. The MEFO is not as good as a pure knobby in the dirt but much better on the road. Did 2K ride on them through Utah (mostly road) and they handled great with little wear.

On street the Anakee IIs are great.

I would not put Tourances on my bikes ever again. They don't work good in rain and mine cup way too soon.

I may try the Conti Attact Trails

YMMV

Standard Tourances or the EXP?

My 1200 loves the tourances, any weather, any conditions, except sand or really wet grass.

I'd love to hear more Whip.

053-XL.jpg

Started being patient in service bays waiting on daddy's motorcycle?

I'd think you were over that habit by now Phil

Anyone have a line on John Robert? Larry, ready the dogs! :grin:

The wanna be detective in me says he's doing some undercover farkling! ;)

Pat

053-XL.jpg

Started being patient in service bays waiting on daddy's motorcycle?

I'd think you were over that habit by now Phil

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:......ZING!

You certainly deserve a trouble free steed for a while Phil. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. You're not going to know what to do with yourself once you own a motorcycle you can hopefully actually ride

Anyone have a line on John Robert? Larry, ready the dogs! :grin:

The wanna be detective in me says he's doing some undercover farkling! ;)

Pat

bONE has some things to take care of before he can get back to us. He says "mm...SUPA. WHAT A SLED!"

Matt...I may have the tires in the garage. I will check. I put them on at the NH UN and took em off as soon as I got home. Prolly the old style. I know DCBaker did a few track days with Anakees on his GS. On the street I have been very happy with em on both my GSAs and the Katoom.

Thanks Larry, I have done track days on Tourances and on Pirelli Scorpion trail and the Tourances are worlds better.

But I'm not fast like you guys

I really like the Tourance EXP, but you can tell by the jagged wear out to the strips it is pretty hard. Gonna be a while before I get a rain test I reckon.

Firefight911

Today, after getting off shift from my first shift as a permanent Fire Captain in which we had a great fire that we kicked butt on I went and picked up my new Tenere.

Allow me to quote what I posted on my Facebook wall....

Holy bad ass awesome ok that's fun I wanna do it again so glad I bought you welcome to the family torquey slick shifting I don't wanna get off can I keep going see ya in Toledo maybe Boston this thing is amazing......

Class dismissed!

Today, after getting off shift from my first shift as a permanent Fire Captain in which we had a great fire that we kicked butt on I went and picked up my new Tenere.

Doesn’t get much better than that! :thumbsup:

Pat

Firefight911
In all honesty, that sounds like what you said the first day you had you last 800GS and your K bike. Only time will tell.

Hey, Debbie Downer, go pee in someone else's Wheaties. ;););):wave:

Oh, and I loved both of those bikes. Just couldn't ride them EVER! You know, they were ALWAYS in the shop as we all know so very well. Apples and Oranges!

I was heading out to meet a buddy for dinner and stopped by my local Yammie dealer last night on the odd chance they might have a Tenere to look at. Well known dealer with a "good" reputation in the area......and the same dealer I bought my first street bike from many moons ago.

Long story short......they didn't have a Tenere.....and what a bunch of dicks. Considering the way I was talked to, I can't believe they do any business at all.

Long story short......they didn't have a Tenere.....and what a bunch of dicks. Considering the way I was talked to, I can't believe they do any business at all.

The GS is strong in this one...

Firefight911

Teneres were order only so their not having one is no indicator of anything. Now, their being a bunch of you know whats, when you're in town allow me to take you to meet a couple of grand ones in our area.

Firefight911

Day one impressions after Matt asked if I really liked it or was jaded by the lack of riding thanks to BMW........

That's an excellent question. One that I spent my first day riding, FINALLY, to try and answer.

First 30 minutes was nothing other than the dog in the car with the window down. Riding again after so much headache, heartache, and worn out fingers from typing so much.

After that, I got down to business. Yes, I really do love it. She had three miles on her when I picked her up so she was truly tight and, therefore, had some buzz and stumble a bit. Took about twenty five miles to fix that. After this, I found that I was extremely comfortable in the cockpit. Natural reach to the arms, great seat, good ergos. I didn't much care for the wind management off the screen but I wasn't surprised as many others have reported the same. I have another screen already and am going to play around with it as well as I have a new windshield mount coming that allows infinitely more adjustment as well as incorporates my GPS mounting.

Motor is a true freight train of torque. It just pulls and doesn't really care where it is in the rev range. You can tell it has the big bang firing order as the power is delivered in a tractor like fashion. Still breaking her in so no upper end assessment yet as I only saw that range for a split second here and there and then allowed cooling cycles to intervene.

Transmission/Clutch is wonderful. This is an amazingly slick transmission. Shifts like butter. Snick, snick, snick is it for both up and down. Clutch is a bit different but I put that to my not adjusting the lever to my liking and having to learn its engagement points. Very easy modulation with the hydraulic clutch though.

Suspension is tight. I have not touched it. This is how I always deal with a new suspension though. I set it at the factory recommended settings and leave it for five hundred miles so the bushings and mating surfaces he time to introduce themselves and, therefore, reduce stiction for when I properly set it up. Initial assessment is that it has a bit much in the hi speed compression area but I won't really now until I do my suspension set up next week.

Brakes are still bedding so I can't give a good assessment on overall power yet but the are very linear in response and the communication is fantastic. Again, modulation under the use I have given is great. Haven't played with the unified braking yet but the rear brake is nice. Once bedded in I will be out playing with this more.

Haven't delved in to the traction control or ABS yet. The drive mode is great. It offers two modes; touring and sport, or as I like to call them, trail and street. There is no power change through the fly by wire throttle system, only a delivery change. Softer in trail and more immediate in street. Noticeable difference and quite easy to flip between the two modes on the fly. Traction control has three modes. ABS is defeatable.

The controls/dash are wonderful. Intuitive layout that is adjustable and easy to use/read.

What else? At this point I give her an A- with an asterisk. The asterisk is for break in, familiarity, and set up. More to follow.

Oh, and so far I am seeing just over 40mpg. Reports indicate this improves post break in. That gives great range on its six gallon tank.

The Super Tenere being PDP, most of them was in the dealership for just a few hours. There have been some purchased by someone that did not order as there were a few PDP cancelations at the last moment.

There are some bikes still to be had, 2 on the floor in Fairbanks, black and a blue.

Also some dealers ordered one for themselves, and I reckon most of those will be selling soon.

Rumor has it dealer meeting in couple of months to see if another PDP is planned or some showroom stocking to come.

Archived