IGNORED

Yammy Super Tenere....

AZKomet

2012 rAVEN bLACK S-10 ordered today

Traded my '09 Kawa KLR on a smoking deal locally...

??? What happened to the 800XC ??? Seriously, what turned you from that bike to the S10? I am seriously thinking of going either Tiger 800 (street one) or S10 in the next year or 2 to replace my RT.

Without seeing either of the bikes (*the 800XC or the S-10*) I gotta deal that was just too good to run from.

Triumph's new GS800 killer is the 800road & 800XC. I'm certain it is gonna be an incredible machine - either of them.

But when pricing one out was the rub :

By the time I added the stuff to it that this Yam S10 has already built in...it'll be darn near a wash.

So, I'm getting a sled that has, tubeless tires, more weight--okay--, more cargo capacity, better suspension, better torque, better tank range, exclusivity, more HP, more CC's --

all for the same money - AND that's IF I could get the same trade allowance for my KLR at my Trumpy Dealer.

The thing that tipped me was the fact that if it wasn't a match, if it didn't light my fire like I think it's gonna..because of the lack of dealers having multiple S-10's on their showroom floors makes mine VERY VERY sell-able....VERY sell-able.

On the off chance that we don't like each other - I'll simply move on to the next pick...perhaps the Trumpy.

But it's almost a no lose situation...and I'm selling (*trading*) a currently loaded KLR for pretty good money in a saturated market of small displacement 1-lung on/off roaders.

So I'm comfy with this change. Plus, with what I'm going thru personally in my life just now - I kinda owe myself a 2-wheeled present. wOOT.!

oH...oNE more thing...I simply CANNOT have David H. have all that fun for just himself.

Think of it as I'm "spreadin' it around"

Yeah -- that's the ticket....

Yep, that black is really pretty! Congrads!

I'm so ready for it to get here, but mean while I try to keep the mileage down on the Duc so it will sell easily. Sure would like to make it to a track day before I let it go tho.

This what the stock tire looks like after 5 sessions on Phillip Island for the S10.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=242149&stc=1&d=1290496220

Good rider.

He can do the same on many other bikes. Pisses me off when in a promotional film they do wheelies on the highway. Then we are surprised that the squids do it in traffic.

I imagine that drifting is done with TC2 which makes it pretty easy from what I have read.

I agree the wheelies are stupid especially on this bike! Overall, pretty sure it is not his bike so he can be rough on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting but Yamaha does not recommend both top and side cases to be used simultaneously due to potential over loading of bike.

LINKY

Yep, I'm seriously looking at EVERYTHING before replacing the GT. The GS may go as well.

mE tHINKS that's Lawyer speak...I'm certain it'll be able to handle the same type loads that BMW's can carry.

The hot setup might be soft bags on it..?!!?

mE tHINKS that's Lawyer speak...I'm certain it'll be able to handle the same type loads that BMW's can carry.

10-4 good buddy.

Yammie's said the same thing about the FJR. No one listened and no one had a problem.

:thumbsup:

10-4 good buddy.

Yammie's said the same thing about the FJR. No one listened and no one had a problem.

Glad!!!!

MCN has a favorable ride report this month. Interest increasing!!! 24,000 mile valve train interval!! HEAVEN!

10-4 good buddy.

Glad!!!!

MCN has a favorable ride report this month. Interest increasing!!! 24,000 mile valve train interval!! HEAVEN!

Imagine...24,000 miles...50 yards at a time. whistling.gif

I for one was initially very excited to hear about the Tenere coming to the US. I put a deposit down on one a short time later. I have since acquired a GS1200 through a trade and I have to say that it is the most fantastic motorcycle that I have ever ridden. I'm still debating whether to take delivery of the Tenere and have several months to decide what to do.

After reading on the various forums about all of the potential issues that the BMW's have(which I was mostly aware of when I swapped for the GS) I have to admit I am a little leery of them from a long term maintenance/repair standpoint. At this time I'm leaning towards purchasing an extended warranty for my GS and forfeiting my deposit on the Tenere. Even with the FD, ESA and other issues I still am very fond of the way the GS rides and makes me feel when on it. I have had literally a countless number of bikes of the years but the GS for me is the perfect ride and with an extended warranty I hope it will keep my confidence in holding onto it long term.

Lee, you should not have to forfeit your deposit on the Tenere. Some times on a desirable new model dealers try to put in fake deposit orders to get more bikes. Where I work is a Harley/BMW/Yamaha/Ducati dealer. When the FJR was order only, we happily refunded any deposit. We had people waiting for available bikes.

Keep in mind Lee that you don't hear much from the thousands of folks that DON"T have problems with their BMWs, only from the ones that do.

Oh I understand entirely. You don't hardly ever see anyone say boy I had a great ride on the BMW and nothing went wrong. :) ......

Lee, you should not have to forfeit your deposit on the Tenere. Some times on a desirable new model dealers try to put in fake deposit orders to get more bikes. Where I work is a Harley/BMW/Yamaha/Ducati dealer. When the FJR was order only, we happily refunded any deposit. We had people waiting for available bikes.

I'm going to probably call to discuss it with them at the first of the year to discuss it. I also have thought that if it is as limited as they say and desirable that I could probably take delivery of it then sell it without much of a loss.

I am in no way saying anything negative about the BMW's. I have two of them now (02 1150rt and 09 1200GS) and I really enjoy the way that they ride/handle etc.

"I could probably take delivery of it then sell it without much of a loss."

I'm sure you would lose more than a $500 deposit just in taxes and registration fees.

Tenere in Raven, (not the best pic) gives you a good idea how it will look on the road.

869655P1020290.jpg

Dressed for travel.

super10%20explorer.jpg

Not sure if i'm trying too hard to convince myself I need this bike.

Source ADVR

Pat

After much exhaustive researching, the Tenere is in the top three running for my GT replacement.

Francois, have you test ridden it yet? :)

Hanson and Bone may not ride alone. We'll see as I am not jumping just yet! But at least I'm comfortable to say I'm down to three. Anyone want an F800GS that has gone more than 50 yards!?

Saw the US version at the Long Beach M/C show. Lots of good ideas, but what is with that muffler and muffler cover. What a Joke. It splays the passengers left leg out six inches cuts into the side bag 25% and they have to move the bag out 4 inches to make that happen. Don't tell me the EPA requires something that ridiculous to pass Smog, I know better. It is a design experiment that ran amuck. It is so bad it would keep me from buying the bike.

After much exhaustive researching, the Tenere is in the top three running for my GT replacement.

Francois, have you test ridden it yet? :)

Hanson and Bone may not ride alone. We'll see as I am not jumping just yet! But at least I'm comfortable to say I'm down to three. Anyone want an F800GS that has gone more than 50 yards!?

Dhanson has ridden one. He likey. Duc for sale.

aDD 2 more AahWuh locals to that ownership and potentially 3 + me.

I'd say it's kinda blowin' up here in the midwest.

I will see it near St Louis on the 8th of January - or up the road from St Louis on January 20-21-22 both @ local dealerships.

Should be a nice scoot.

Going up to NYC to see it on 1/22. If it's what I think it will be, I'll be on the hunt for a deal within a state or two radius of where I am. That Raven really looks tough! Think that's what I will go with. Just hope the wife feels comfy on the back if we can get a sit on one.

So, who knows how the pillion feels on the bike? Can you give a comparison to another bike that is similar for pillions?

May be visiting my Yamaha dealer this week!

Im confused...everyone is freaking out here jumping on the band wagon pre-ordering these things sight unseen with no pre-ride. Here on a BMW based MC site. BUT, on another thread in the same forum, motorcycle talk, many are bashing the idea of pre-ordering the new k1600GT/GTL. Here on a BMW site?

I am not saying we should not discuss other bikes on this BMW site. I own a number of other bikes and happen to personally LOVE my Yamahas. Many of my favorite bikes have been Yamahas.

But why on a BMW site does seem good to bash a BMW that no one has tested yet and has many cool ideas and may very well be amazing, while at the same time praising and oogling over a NON BMW bike that few if any here have personally ridden?

I am NOT picking anyone who wants one of these since they do look nice. It just makes a simpleton like me scratch my head.

Im confused...everyone is freaking out here jumping on the band wagon pre-ordering these things sight unseen with no pre-ride. Here on a BMW based MC site. BUT, on another thread in the same forum, motorcycle talk, many are bashing the idea of pre-ordering the new k1600GT/GTL. Here on a BMW site?

The answer is quite simple.....not many people here trust a first year BMW product. I know I dont. If you want to be a BMW beta tester knock yourself out. Gamble 25k away on a 1600 and return with your results. The Super tenere has been out for a few years now despite not being offered here in the states YET. I would feel alot more comfortable buying a 13k dollar proven model than lay down 25k on a completely new BMW with unproven gizmos. I am sure some of those with lemon buybacks or currently going through the process will chime in, I know I can think of several on this site alone.....

So, who knows how the pillion feels on the bike? Can you give a comparison to another bike that is similar for pillions?

May be visiting my Yamaha dealer this week!

Are you thinking of selling the GS and going to one bike? or are you going to replace the GS with this and still add a sport touring bike?

I agree, I like talking about cool new bikes. I even like talking about the cool new Yamaha on this site since it directly relates to a popular style of riding some of us do.

But why the bashing on the other thread about a BMW.

I visit alot of other sites and a few international sites and not EVERYONE loves the Yamaha. That fine we all have different needs and likes. I guess I just dont get the bashing.

If someone doesnt want a k1600...DONT BUY ONE. If you buy one and you have trouble with it, tell us about it. Until then i just dont get the bashing. :S

PS TEWKS, my original question was not directed AT you in the least.

If you dont click on "reply" to a particular post, you just type into the "quick reply" box it automatically puts [RE:...] whoever was the last post was.

The F8 is gonna go away. One bike only now that Amelia has arrived. Interested?

Really growIng interested in this bike. Especially in light of the headache I'm having trying to get BMW to close out my GT buyback. Ugh!

Gonna have Jamie watch the video on pillion.

The F8 is gonna go away. One bike only now that Amelia has arrived. Interested?

Really growIng interested in this bike. Especially in light of the headache I'm having trying to get BMW to close out my GT buyback. Ugh!

Gonna have Jamie watch the video on pillion.

I thought the GT was a done deal weeks ago.

I thought the GT was a done deal weeks ago.

Yea, so did I but then again, it's BMW so why should there be any surprise that they haven't sent the money yet......over 4 weeks later!

You may put your money down and not see the bike for a year or so, if this version of the Unstoppable K16GT/L follows the G800GS Unstoppable release time table. Remember that?

Bottom line for me. I have met and ridden with lots of riders on this board, some of the best riders in the world bar none. I had a K12GT when I met most of them, but have moved on to other bikes.

I will continue to ride with these folks tho, even if I get another HD! LOL.

Also I don't have the money to loose on the BMW and like to do my own maintenance so the bikes need to stay simple or I will sell before the major.

I get to sample lots of neat bikes in the process.

It is puzzling that the ONLY brand you can criticize without a defensive response being fired back is BMW. The brand is over represented on this site which shouldn't surprise considering its origin. Perhaps defending the brand from attack would be bad form.

Lets get real, 95% plus really don't give a high priority to their comments here. As human nature goes, they are being humoristic, offering an obtuse comment on an object they have a love, hate or love/hate relationship with. Or, they are fatalist and see their inspirations, dreams and contentment, in same said object, as merely a diversion from reality...nothing more but false hope. In other words, they don't really care all that much...more or less just killing time, till it gets warmer outside. So don't anyone get their hosae all up in a wad.

Lets get real, 95% plus really don't give a high priority to their comments here. As human nature goes, they are being humoristic, offering an obtuse comment on an object they have a love, hate or love/hate relationship with. Or, they are fatalist and see their inspirations, dreams and contentment, in same said object, as merely a diversion from reality...nothing more but false hope. In other words, they don't really care all that much...more or less just killing time, till it gets warmer outside. So don't anyone get their hosae all up in a wad.

Dambit.....you were supposed to tell.

:mad:

Archived