IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

Not near the Bay Area.....Interesting.....How'd you know her home port?...Must have checked the registration numbers..... :grin:

He's a Moderator.....they have their ways.

Bridal Veil Falls Highlands, NC?

Pat

:clap::wave: You got it Pat

Although I wanted to give it to Louise :rofl:

and I have to go out to the store... so to relieve the drama (what drama?) that's David (Baker), Laney and I back in 2003.

That made me think of the Land Between the Lakes...but it's not long enough...

Crap...I can't be playing this. I have baking to do... :dopeslap::grin:

That made me think of the Land Between the Lakes...but it's not long enough...

Crap...I can't be playing this. I have baking to do... :dopeslap::grin:

Do I smell brownies?? :thumbsup:

Hey Tewks, we seem to travel the same places. I like guessing your posts. :)

So, there are a number of places you may have seen this festival but the statue on the float is very specific to the time and location.

P1010263.jpg

Hey Tewks, we seem to travel the same places. I like guessing your posts. :)

Thanks Rocer! Lake Placid it was. Can't see your pic, i'm not at home today.

Pat

WTG Boone!!! :clap:

The significance of the statue on the float (for those who don't know, this immense float is carried with people power during Samanta Santa throughout the streets all day and into the evening) is that it's the 350th anniversary when it was presented by Spain to the church in Antigua which was then the capital of Guatemala. In 1776 Antigua was levelled by an earthquake and the capitol, centre of political, religious and cultural power was shifted to Guatemala City. In 2005 when I took this picture, the statue was making it's first reappearance in Antiqua since it's removal in 1776. You can see various videos of this parade on you tube. If you do have a look, you'll only see this green statue in the year of 2005, the anniversary year.

Interior dome of the old courthouse St. Louis, MO.

This is the courthouse from whence the original decision in the Dred Scott case was issued. That's cool!

I'm enjoying this thread and the various tidbits of history such as the Dred Scott case. Also curious about the 33 Stars Flag. Looking forward to more posts!

:lurk:

Interior dome of the old courthouse St. Louis, MO.

This is the courthouse from whence the original decision in the Dred Scott case was issued. That's cool!

Sorry for the delay-had to work today.

You're correct.

Archived