IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

Douglas Wyoming at the visitors center on the first one. (any one knows that)

Gateway CO on the second one.

:grin:

....And the Winner Is Mr. Whip!!!! :clap:

At the Gateway, CO Auto Museum. That's the Discovery Channel 20th Anniversary Bike made by Orange County Choppers.

I was going to guess Tioga, but all the pics I have are more "barren"

OK, if you're familiar with the region, this is easy. If you're not, well, hints may be needed.

lighthouse.jpg

I dunno if the large version gives any clues, but I put it in there just in case.

If ya take out the water I would say it's the northern border of Texas. We've been tryin to keep peeps out for a while now.

Otherwise it looks like New England.

No one ever tried to invade from the Pacific during the time of those canons....??????

Huh... I've never been in New England when the sky was that clear (or the water that blue)

Hint: Not in the USA or a US territory.

I just spent way too much time (at work) figuring this one out. I know the answer but will wait til I get home tonight to see if anyone else gets it...

Fort King George it is. Sorry Mrs. Caddis - It looks like Tom beat you by a few seconds (assuming you really knew the answer.)

Man, I was thinking that I was going to be lucky to have someone guess Trinidad and Tobago - let alone Tobago or Fort King George. (Lovely place by the way - even if I can't understand the language/accent there.)

Well done.

You're up.

I was undecided between these two. I apologise for posting them both but the first maybe better recognisable than the second which is more famous! (I took both photos)

DSC00376-2.jpg

DSC00535-1.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)
A guess for the second?

Well, I know what it's not. Definitely not Mt. Everest; the ridge is wrong, the shape of either summit and the fact that there's two summits of similar heights near each other. (However, the terrain surrounding the peak is particularly Himalayan.) I thought maybe Aconcogua, but no, the terrain is not very Andean. It certainly can't be any of the other seven summits. So, I'm back to the Himalayas, somewhere.

Got it! It's Lhotse. Not that it counts for anything...

Wow, I lived in that general area for 30 years and never heard of that.

You're not alone. Whenever we go touring, we try to make a point of asking the locals about places or events we plan to see/attend. Invariably, they have the same response......."I don't know. I've never even been there!"

I'm guilty of overlooking many things in my own backyard as well.

Enjoying the thread! Keep it up!! :lurk:

you guys need a hint on the picture? Thats a lighthouse at the top of the hill. The countries currency is the peso. Thats all I am saying for now.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. Your turn.

It also happens to be the highest natural lighthouse in the world for all you trivia people. The second highest lighthouse in the world.

Archived