IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

Yup, a lake in the northeast. Clue, a B-52 crashed in the area back in 1963.

Pat

Google is my friend, so I cheated and won't answer.....yet.

Las Vegas?
Nope. This is at least (depending on the source) 10x as big.

Edit: I'll post a different angle in the morning if no one gets it.

Not St. Louis.

Different angle:

link

I did not take this shot.

And my inherited subject may have made it confusing. I fixed it. That should help.

It looks new for Europe, but it's hard to tell in the dark.

It ain't Hong Gong cause there ain't no water or I can't see it.

It could be Taipei.

Am I getting warmer????

This part of the city isn't in bigskyline.com. (It's a BIG city - probably bigger than many realize - but technically not as populous as Jakarta...)

But, oddly enough, Jakarta is geographically the 2nd closest city so far, but it seems closer than that. (I had to look it up.)

I purposefully posted the night shot as there is a big banner on the tallest building in the first of these pictures. If you google the company name on that banner, it's obvious what city it is. (I can JUST make it out on the enlarged version, but I know what it says and this was taken years ago on my Canon Pro70.)

I would have thought one of the defining characteristics of the 2nd pic would have given it away because there are only two of these in this region of the world.

But, as is, I'll clarify this: It's closer to Hong Kong than Jakarta by a couple hundred miles. It's not a straight line though.

Going by the park area in the second picture, I am guessing Shanghai? Although most skyline shots of Shanghai include the river.
Closer than Seoul...

Shanghai is way up on the population list (#2)

And this is a skyline shot taken from our hotel room, so I wasn't exactly able to be picky about what it included and what it didn't include. :)

Singapore?
Closest yet, but no.

Singapore is closer to Jakarta than Hong Kong. (Apparently this is becoming Matt's Asian Geography Lesson®.)

The tallest building in the two shots is the tallest in the country FWIW (85 stories). I tried looking and that info didn't help much in google (it's obviously not Tuntex)

Sheesh, Twisties deleted his Singapore guess... Oh well.

Bangkok
Yup. You're up.

There are only two elevated trains like that in that part of the world. Skytrain is one of them.

It's the Baiyoke Tower II with a DTAC ad on the side (at the time anyway.)

Singapore?
Closest yet, but no.

Singapore is closer to Jakarta than Hong Kong.

Sheesh, Twisties deleted his Singapore guess... Oh well.

That's why I deleted it.

Well, for some reason this one has been on my mind for days:

112600629_phf4g-XL-3.jpg

But it's not fair to kype one off of someone else's smugmug, w/o their permission, so that's not it!

We'll go with this one instead, since I hear the show is done for. Where is this bike?

541103677_BvZNt-O.jpg

Chrome In The Dome at Pocatello

Now you've given me something to look up! Sounds interesting, but I've never heard of it.

Let me know when it's time for another hint.

Archived