IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

Geez, maybe I should have put a smiley after my "get a life" comment. Either I scared everybody off, or my pic is too obscure.

It's in the southern US, east of the Mississippi.

Geez, maybe I should have put a smiley after my "get a life" comment. Either I scared everybody off, or my pic is too obscure.

It's in the southern US, east of the Mississippi.

I thought the comment was funny.

I've no idea where thase steps are located.

I think I remember seeing pic of people on the front porch in old photos. Is it a Presidents "Summer Home" or maybe a president birth place?????

Maybe a famous author????

I don't have the slightest idea where it is, but I know it is a 1937 Chevy! Yeah, I did drive one of those, when they were old but not antique :grin:

The statue of General George S. Patton in front of the General Patton Memorial Museum at Chiriaco Summit, California.

Google image search is my good friend....LOL

Pula's Amphitheatre, Croatia. Right? I haven't been there but in doing a bit of research for my trip to Italy last summer I came across the one you posted.

Tytass got it right. Its the roman collosium in Pula, Croatia. My wife is from Croatia and we visited it a few years ago. Did you visit it? Its a pretty good destination. I believe its the most in tack collosium in the world if I remember right. Wow, I thought that would have taken a bit longer.

Okay, your turn....

No, I didn't visit it. I found it by accident a few months back doing a bit of research on the Flavian Colosseum in Rome. So, I read about it ... it looked like a great place to visit. The square opennings at the top row are the identifier. They're in such good condition.

Here's mine ...

374925777_JtMk4-L.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Too easy. My next one is gonna be a stumper.

Gabby was in Bagan, Myanmar, bakerzdozen is up.

(fwiw- Mongabay appears to be a travel web site and is not a location anywhere in Myanmar)

OK, I was kind of torn between beauty and the ability to figure it out from google and noticing details.

I went with the latter, although this one might be a little mean of me, but I figured I'd try it...

So, this one may go quickly... or not.

To "win" and get the location, I need to know what "famous" Catholic Church is to my right while taking the shot (and the city for everyone else's benefit. :) )

kc.jpg

Clues -

Right hand drive country

Kindercare with that logo

'Wilson' carpark

Has to be.....- New Zealand, Auckland, corner of Swanson & Federal Streets.

Catholic church to the right- St Patricks

Oh, and the Sky Tower is just up the road as well.

Cheers

Steve

Nuts. As soon as I posted it, I realized what time of "night" it was and that someone in that neck of the woods would get it.

Well done. You're up.

The view "from" Kindercare (last July anyway):

kc2.jpg

OK, This is the best photo i can find at the moment. If i find one i have taken and it's better, i will repost it.

rockcarv2.jpg

Need to know where it is and by what means of transport if you can.

Cheers

Steve

Archived