IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

bakerzdosen

I'm gonna let someone else go if I'm right (first to post a picture) as I don't really have a good picture ready, but I'm gonna guess it's the Richardson Bay Bridge (formerly known as the Redwood Bridge according to Wikipedia) taking 101 over Pickleweed Inlet.

I'm also guessing it was taken from a (your?) house because it's kinda difficult to get that angle otherwise.

skinny_tom (aka boney)
I'm gonna let someone else go if I'm right (first to post a picture) as I don't really have a good picture ready, but I'm gonna guess it's the Richardson Bay Bridge (formerly known as the Redwood Bridge according to Wikipedia) taking 101 over Pickleweed Inlet.

I'm also guessing it was taken from a (your?) house because it's kinda difficult to get that angle otherwise.

Chances are CalTrans has named it after someone of local significance. They have a fondness for putting up signs just before a bridge or stretch of road. It's somewhat esoteric.

yes. Redwood bridge.

According to Caltrans historian Alicia Whitten, the conversion to a direct route through Marin culminated with the November 1931 completion of the Redwood Bridge, a quarter-mile span over Richardson Bay. “It was built of redwood timbers, supposedly to last hundreds of years,” Whitten adds. “But just 25 years later, in 1956, it was replaced with a much wider steel and concrete structure.”

bakerzdosen

OK, FINE.

I'll post one (two actually, but of the same place).

Oh, and the current one seems to be somewhere in Death Valley, but I'm not quite sure of the name... :D

flatiron.jpg

flatiron2.jpg

I'll be very impressed if someone gets this without any clues.

bakerzdosen
Is it Syracuse NY?
It is not. But you're in the right general region.

This is a SMALL town. The second picture was taken from way out in the suburbs. :)

If I remember correctly, the local mall has 2 anchor stores and one of those is/was a Kmart.

bakerzdosen
Waterton
The closest Waterton (according to google maps) is roughly 4.5 hours away.

OK, clue time:

It's a small oil town. Most people apparently work (or at least it's the largest single employer) at an oil refinery just outside of town. The town is closer to a state border (12 miles) than an interstate. The closest airport is in another state.

Edit: Oh, and if you ever try to teach a class to employees at the local newspaper (how to administer their systems) don't do it during deer hunting season. You may find that you have to take a "break" every time someone brings in their dead deer to take a picture of the two of them for the next days paper. DAMHIK.

Sorry.......Am I disqualified????.....Coincidentally, Warren was my mothers home town and when she flew back there she told me she had to go to Youngstown to the airport...That was the clue to my guess.....Just a guess as I have never been there...And I messed up with the deletion, etc....Let me know the verdict...Am I up or do you want to post another pic?....Ok by me

bakerzdosen

I actually few into Jamestown, NY.

And of course you're up. That was not an easy place to guess IMHO.

Remember - I have access to the change logs for the site. I can prove you did guess that. :)

Clue...Units of an army division came ashore here from ships during a three week training exercise way back when and went over the mountains to a large Army base passing by some very interesting buildings on the way...Don't ask me how I know...

You got it Eric......Hearst Castle is in the mountains behind it and Hunter-Liggett Army base is over the mountains......

Let 'er rip......

bakerzdosen

I'm sure this photo was taken from the driver's side window of a vehicle parked at the 7-11 just behind the photographer. Or maybe it's a rest stop just outside of Beatty... :P

Alright. Not too a lot of backpackers here so I will post more images.

007_18-668569.jpg

Not a hint but what a view :grin:

008_17-668569.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Phil got it.

I slept up there once. And summited Keeler Needle, Day Needle and Mt. Muir on the way.

Firefight911

OK, let's try not to laugh at the mustache!!!!!

Where is this one? Bonus for a specific turn number and why would the Union Jack be flying?

802064374_kZFbc-L.jpg

Firefight911

Laguna Seca is correct.

Not Andretti Hairpin (turn 2) but turn 5.

1993 Indy Car Race rooting for Nigel Mansell - LINKY

You're up.

Archived