IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

North Cascades National Park.....

No, but keeping within the theme set by Lassen it is in the Cascade Range.

Mike Cassidy

I have to go out all day so I'll leave a hint and the location.

One of the "snowiest" spots in the USA (measured in annual snowfall). West of North Cascades National Park. Barely south of the 49th parallel.

48.866 N 121.676 W (Check it out on Google Street view)

Mike Cassidy

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Those look like the mountains in south-east Washington, as if the picture was taken from the end of the Oregon Backroads Discovery Trail right before it drops down into Walla Walla.

Mrs. Caddis

Redbrick is up. Evergreen Aviation and Space museum in McMinnville, OR. The tail number was the hint. Here is the front of the plane. plane2.jpg

Bingo...Just a little north of Stanley.....That is some beautiful country and some great long sweepers for miles and miles from Galena Summit to Challis, about 100 miles...Then it just keeps on being great on the ride north into Montana to the Darby/Hamilton area....Love that country...Last time I fished there it was good but that was a long, long time ago...I think Lyndon Johnson was president...

You're up......... :grin:

Phil,

That's OK...the fish were bigger then, right? Aren't they always?

This could be a thread-killer.

Name the town. Extra points for his name...

805052743_f7TNQ-L.jpg

cali_beemer

damn... caught red handed! LOL It almost made me think of some place right in Callistoga but I am drawing straws at this point.

LOL.

You won't find him around these parts. Maybe someone in another time zone will need to wake up to get the right answer. He's fairly famous in the area where you find him. People use him as a navigation aid, as in "Turn right at..."

Hey!!!

Nope...that's what you get for reading the photo properties.

Oh, oh............No fair checking photo properties. :P..(But it's OK to Google search?????????) :dopeslap:

Hey!!!

Nope...that's what you get for reading the photo properties.

Oh, oh............No fair checking photo properties. :P..(But it's OK to Google search?????????) :dopeslap:

Sure...go ahead.

Here are 2 hints:

- I grew up in this town (big help there, huh?)

- Eastern time zone.

Kisco it is.

Very very good. Not many here would get that. He was donated by a man that was a Temperance advocate. It was a fountain but before my time.

You're up.

This one's less obscure than my last. Some very nice & picturesque lakes at the base of these. Obviously you can ride to them, too:

805821895_thcTy-L.jpg

You got 'em. Now it's your turn to stump someone on the West Coast. The rest of the country seems to have surrendered.

Archived