IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

The thread seemed stalled so I couldn't resist doing a little research. A fascinating ship. There are two other ships longer, but only because they have bowsprits. It's not clear why she'd have one sail unfurled in the picture and I wonder if she was making headway to weigh anchor. The location was a little more challenging. San Fran. is on the bucket list. I'll dig up a pic shortly.

...don't want to stall the thread, so perhaps you should sit back and relax with a good cigar and a fine sippin' drink while you ponder it.

Right on.

And, did you enjoy your shot of bourbon while pondering? Bardstown, Bourbon Capitol of the World no less. Original home of Jim Beam which has now moved abt. 25 miles down the road to Clermont.

Bardstown was featured in the 1980 CBC documentary 10,000 Day's War, a history of the war in Vietnam, beginning with France's involvement to the U.S. pullout some 10,000 days later. Bardstown, population of some 6,000 at that time, lost 12 soldiers in this campaign. A segment of the documentary dealt with the impact of this loss to the families and the town.

bakerzdosen

Assuming I'm correct that the building in the center of Rocer's photo is indeed the old courthouse in Bardstown, KY, here's my photo:

jungle.jpg

Edit: OK, no assumptions needed. :)

I didn't get your "clue" until I had found it by following US62 from Canton, OH down to Bardstown. It took a while... :)

Keeping with your southern theme.

This ia a Photshopped picture Luis took that we are putting on a t-shirt.

822711465_8mdWs-L.jpg

Name it...

bakerzdosen
Chichen Itza?

Correct site...ya know the name of the temple.

Luis is very particular.

:wave:

In the interest of completeness... Tell Luis it's El Castillo. :P

OK, back to Paul's coastal pic.

Chichen Itza?

Correct site...ya know the name of the temple.

Luis is very particular.

:wave:

In the interest of completeness... Tell Luis it's El Castillo. :P

OK, back to Paul's coastal pic.

He says you Anglos will believe anything a dude with an accent tells ya.

It's ....The Pyramid of Kukulkan

:rofl:

The Northern end of the Lost Coast road where it goes up the mountain.
That road has been on my radar for a longtime. Beautiful! :thumbsup:

IMG_1035.jpg

Pat

Well, it's a prison but it isn't Alcatraz. Looked through my photos and decided they didn't let them have a skylight like that.

I actually found the prison, but my webhost is down today and I can't post a new photo without title etc :(

Mike Cassidy

I can't remember the name but I've heard about it.

It's the big house where BMWST moderators send those who receive more than one reprimand for breaking posting rules. :rofl:

Bingo on Kilmainham. Just toured it a couple weeks ago. Very impressive and depressing at the same time, as I guess all prisons are.

The anniversary of the 1916 Easter Rising is right around the corner.

You're up!

Wow, one Harley picture kills the thread in a BMW forum.

Orlando Harley-Davidson Disney Pleasure Island?

Mike Cassidy

Wow, one Harley picture kills the thread in a BMW forum.

Or, could it be a case of Jumping the shark?

Orlando Harley-Davidson Disney Pleasure Island?

Mike Cassidy

No, not there.

Pat

Ok, don't want to own the death of this one, :eek: and why I remember things like this i'll never know! :dopeslap: I know Danny has a small connection to this place.

Pat

Archived