IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

Still trying to get someone from the east coast in the game.

Why don't you give them until the morning on this one? If TEWKS is still following the thread it should take him about one sip of coffee to recognize this one.

P8101110-1.jpg

Mike Cassidy

If TEWKS is still following the thread it should take him about one sip of coffee to recognize this one.

Downed the whole cup & still nothing. :S Looks real familiar though. Somewhere on the Merrimack River or possibly the Androscoggin?

Pat

"Looks real familiar though." You are on the right track, it is on one of those two rivers.

You've probably ridden by it 100 times. Found in the state of Maine beside Hwy 2.

Mike Cassidy

I've been waiting for the good folks back east to chime in....

The silence was deafening, wasn't it?

Upper Falls along the Androscoggin River at Rumford, ME

I really didn't think it was that hard since it is right beside US 2. I guess it is really a set of drops. Also known as Pennacook Falls, it "might" be the largest (water volume plus height) falls east of Niagara, especially during spring runoff.

Your turn.

Mike Cassidy

cali_beemer

Okay, here we go. Lets keep this train moving. Looking for the name of the attraction as well as location. Should be pretty easy.

mysteryphoto6.jpg

......Should be pretty easy.

mysteryphoto6.jpg

Indeed :)

Have not been there in almost 30 years & instantly recognized it.

Paul Mihalka

Taken on a balmy -20°C day in March a few years ago:

P07032000.jpg

Mike Cassidy

And you were just riding by? This is a motorcycle forum! :grin:

Why, that'd be yer Legislative Assembly in Yellowknife, capital of the North West Territories. There's even a polar bear rug in the centre of the assembly room.

Now, I don't have a pic. in the chute but I think this is probably the first time someone's found a place that Paul Mihalka hasn't ridden to (or maybe this building wasn't there when he did :grin:). If I'm correct I'll pass my turn to him.

You are correct Rocer.

I wanted to post a picture from the interior displays of the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Center next door to the igloo-shaped Legislative Assembly, but didn't have access to those this afternoon.

A couple of years ago some BMWST members asked me about riding to Yellowknife for a weekend from Seattle. Having driven there once (taking three days one way from Calgary), I thought the plan a bit ambitious.

You are up, or I guess Paul.

Mike Cassidy

Paul Mihalka

OK. Rocer, you are a slacker! :grin: I really haven't ridden to many odd places in North America, and I rather don't post something from Venezuela or others from past history.

This will be easy but I love it:

torrey2009IMG_1020-1.jpg

Paul Mihalka

Kitsap, where you at home when you answered? It was 3:52am in Poulsbo!

You have the correct answer! I knew it was quick but 43 minutes is really good! :thumbsup:

Your turn!

I'm still in Bourges France so I cheated. It's pissin cold here with snow on the ground.

Here is my entry, it shoud be easy I think.

807661288_UPY9C-L.jpg

I'm sending Paul the answer since I will be off line a while.

Archived