IGNORED

Where in the world is Couchrocket now?

Couchrocket

Dewey Bridge?

Dewey Bridge

No, this one is still there. Though the plaque that claims it is the only suspension bridge in UT is surely older than April 2008, when the Dewey was destroyed.

Here is a close crop from a small portion of the plaque for this bridge:

774844195_3EfmN-O.jpg

The two names blacked out are different.

I had no idea Dewey Bridge had burned!

And I had no idea about Verdun: Verdun Wiki. Still haven't really figured out that strange building in Tom's shot. The scale of the death and injury is like that in Haiti.

Oh, wait, here it is: Douaumont Ossuary

I think that is a lot of the interest in a thread like this. Finding out about things/places.

Ok, time for another clue: There is a famous overlook (It is the name of a National Recreation Area) above this bridge. You can't make out the bridge from the overlook, but it's down there. These pics were taken on a hazy day, so not the best. Here is a view of the Named Overlook that shows why it is named as it is:

418962754_ipeEE-O.jpg

This view from the overlook, or nearby, shows the scene of the river valley, looking towards the bridge (which, as mentioned, you can not make out):

418962610_KyvGX-O.jpg

I'll take the name of the NRA, the name of the overlook, the name of the bridge, the name of the river, or the name of the area (which is the same as the river and the bridge, BTW). Edit, or the name of the very famous pictograph panel which is about 5 miles from the bridge, on the same road.

The San Rafael Bridge over near Castle Dale????
Too many people at the overlook for it to be in the San Rafael :grin:

There are only two NRAs in Utah, Flaming Gorge and Glen Canyon. I can't think of a bridge like that in Glen Canyon so I'm going to guess it's the bridge near the dam at Flaming Gorge but I don't know the name. That would make it the Green River. I don't know the name of the petroglyph panel either...

The San Rafael Bridge over near Castle Dale????

Yes sir. You have won!

The Wedge Overlook

Bob is correct, it is not an NRA, just an RA that happens to be nationally owned. I misread the sign:

775629877_f8uHq-O.jpg

My apologies.

The petroglyph panel is Buckhorn Gulch.

Beautiful picture.

Is it Bullfrog crossing?

Nope

i know, but I'm not going to say....

I was hoping you would be busy for a couple more hours, but thanks for holding off. I shall return the favor.

:thumbsup:

Beautiful picture.

Is it Bullfrog crossing?

Nope

i know, but I'm not going to say....

I was hoping you would be busy for a couple more hours, but thanks for holding off. I shall return the favor.

:thumbsup:

I know too, a similar shot was in the second ride tale I ever posted, but it is definitely time to leave someone else a turn....

OK, I can't say no to you.

Cog railway up Mt. Washington NH.

:clap: Your turn sweetie!

A bunch of us rode it while at the UNrally in Lancaster this past August. It was fun standing up in the aisle.

Archived