IGNORED

Great Weekend in College Football!

beemerman2k

it's a simple wager...

I found a BBQ joint in Tampa called Big John's AL BBQ. I proposed to Danny that if UF loses, we ride down there and I'll buy him lunch at this place whilst any and all from the board come and gather about to give me grief about the superiority of one team over the other.

When UF wins though, Danny and I will travel to Gainesville so he can buy me lunch in Adam's Rib BBQ there again whilst receiving commensurate grief from the assembled masses.

Seems fun, yes?

Too bad he doesn't like to bet on college football...

Like I told ya today, either way I'm in hostile territory. Other than a free lunch, I don't see where I win. But I'm up for the wager anyhow.

Hutch, we don't mean to leave you out in the cold. (Okay, maybe we do. :grin:) It's just that, although there are not many givens in college football, this one seems to be. Bama got way too close last year, & they're even better this year. Remember, elephants never forget.

Hutch, you are more than welcome to enter the wager should the Tigers make it to ATL. What's the halfway betwixt there and here?

:rofl:

Why don't both of you come to Tallahassee?

We have Bar-B-Que.

We don't favor elephants or gators.

We can guarantee a group will show up and provide the requisite banter.

Going once...

Why don't both of you come to Tallahassee?

We have Bar-B-Que.

We don't favor elephants or gators.

We can guarantee a group will show up and provide the requisite banter.

Going once...

Get a second word for that fight song you guys yell and maybe I'll consider it... :wave:

The bayoubengals have 2 of the last 6 BCS championships and 6 of the last 18 CWS championships.

Just because our offensive line sucks and our QB is not yet ready for primetime doesn't mean count us out.

I'm just sayin'...

It's all in the inflection, like so many ancient languages.

Which ancient language is that? Bowden or JoPa? :rofl:

Dadgummit, am I going to have to come over there and splain it to you?

:grin:

They have seen some ballgames in their day.

The bayoubengals have 2 of the last 6 BCS championships and 6 of the last 18 CWS championships.

Just because our offensive line sucks and our QB is not yet ready for primetime doesn't mean count us out.

I'm just sayin'...

Two of six & six of eighteen equals one third of the possible championships. If they could, they would have.

Just sayin'.

I was just thinkin'. It may just be that the best part of college football is the smack talk. In the end we all love each other here, but it's great sport smackin' each other down.

So in the spirit of love....ROLL TIDE!!!

I don't see where I win. But I'm up for the wager anyhow

That's the point Danny you/they can't win !!!!

Notice all viewers....How the GATOR "will" pounded this Tide fan into submission to take the wager... just like the GATORS will pound the Tide into submission.... :grin:

Sorry Hutch....Gators already had a little kitty cat for dinner now it time for the whole elephant.... ;)

Just curious... but if Florida and another SEC team finish the season #1 & #2, should they still play for the national championship, if they already played in the SEC chamipionship....or is it unlikely that a 2nd SEC team will remain #2 having lost in the SEC championship game.

Could we have a scenerio this year where LSU and Florida end up playing a "best of 3" to decide the national championship if Florida and LSU played in the SEC Champ. and Florida loses.

Possible, but unlikely. If you lose head to head voters would be unlikely to vote you into a rematch. If they played a fantastic game in the SEC championship, decided in triple overtime, voters might place them one and two again for the national championship game. Otherwise I think think "the regular season IS college football's playoff system" and the SEC championship game winner would be the highest ranked.

Possible, but unlikely.

I agree unlikely.... I believe the only time I can remember a chamionship game in where a team lost heads up in the regular season and payed again in the BIG game was 1996 Fl vs FSU but of course they were in different conferences.

Was FSU and VA Tech in the same conference when they met in the BIG game 1999?

I'm just sayin'...

Two of six & six of eighteen equals one third of the possible championships. If they could, they would have.

Just sayin'.

I was just thinkin'. It may just be that the best part of college football is the smack talk. In the end we all love each other here, but it's great sport smackin' each other down.

So in the spirit of love....ROLL TIDE!!!

Agree. We had all better enjoy the smack talk phase because in the end all but one team will be having a slice of humble pie...

And yes we have 1/3 of the last 6 BCS and 1/3 of the last 18 CWS championships.

Possible, but unlikely.

I agree unlikely.... I believe the only time I can remember a chamionship game in where a team lost heads up in the regular season and payed again in the BIG game was 1996 Fl vs FSU but of course they were in different conferences.

Was FSU and VA Tech in the same conference when they met in the BIG game 1999?

There have been rematches of Regular Seaon Conferrence Champions where the other team won in a bowl

Nebraska and Oklahoma have done this.

But for National Championship games, the '96 games is the only one I know of, and it took a domino effect involving a bunch of schools (including a Hurricane postponed make-up game) for that to happen.

Almost happened in '06 w/OSU and Michigan.

No, VT was Big East back then.

Going with the current instead of against here, the winner of the assumed SEC Bama vs. UF, in the BCS CG vs. Texas could be a hell of a game. For some reason the SEC seems to get more skill players but have you seen UT's record for recruiting linemen? Pretty impressive. But they often stumble against OU. Boise are you listening???

But for National Championship games, the '96 games is the only one I know of, and it took a domino effect involving a bunch of schools (including a Hurricane postponed make-up game) for that to happen.

Tim!!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me of my FAVORITE national championship game!

52-20 Florida, in what Bobby B. called "an old fashioned a$$-whooping where we brought the a$$" It was once rumored that the National Park Service was going to close the Louisiana Super Dome as an Indian burial ground...

Goooooooooooooooooooo Gators!

This just in... Reading at a second grade level?

"We can still assume that every Seminole at least knows how to count to 14, which remains the relevant number: As it stands, FSU still has to wipe 14 victories from Bowden's career total, a fate that may actually be looking more and more attractive to him -- if you remove those wins from the 2006-07 seasons, the unfolding disaster in 2009 suddenly looks like an improvement."

oNE wORD........ "H A W K E Y E S"

They took care of business this afternoon. 7-0 and in control of the Big Ten with OSU's loss today.

Now... next weekend, do I cheer for MSU, being a MSU grad, or cheer for Iowa, since they could actually accomplish something this season... while MSU is just hoping to get a bowl bid.

I was impressed hANNAbONE was fiery enough about his HAWKEYES to give them all CAPS! That shows some conviction I think. They deserve our respect.

motoguy128 you gotta go with your team first, conference second.

Overall great day of football...

Woah, guess who's the new number 1?!

'Bama, baby!

Wow, November 7th will be a big day when Bama hosts LSU.

Til then, congrat's Huzband :thumbsup:

How bout those Aggies......they scored twice in the third quarter????

....but lost 62 to 14.

I think they need to teach the offense to tackle better.

:(

'Bama, baby!

It doesn't really matter at this point whom is #1. Like I said before, it'll all be decided in Atlanta. Whomever wins that game will win the Nat. Championship.

'Bama, baby!

It doesn't really matter at this point whom is #1. Like I said before, it'll all be decided in Atlanta. Whomever wins that game will win the gNat. Championship.

Fixed for you.

:wave:

'Bama, baby!

It doesn't really matter at this point whom is #1. Like I said before, it'll all be decided in Atlanta. Whomever wins that game will win the gNat. Championship.

Fixed for you.

:wave:

An appropriate term coming from Tallahassee. :grin:

Tough loss HuskerRed

Hey now, how about a great win WestTXRT!!! :grin:

That may've been one of Tech's best road wins ever.

Congrats to Texas Tech. Our offense completely no-showed Saturday, which put entirely too much pressure on our defense against a really good team. Lots of work to do in Lincoln.

Fortunately, I missed the game because I was riding the Cherohala Skyway! I've been wanting to spend some time on a Road Glide so I rented one this weekend. I really liked it but the weather prevented me from really pushing it through the twisties. The weather protection was fair, but I got a lot of helmet buffeting on the highway. I would have to experiment with different shields or lowers, but this is the one bike that could lure me into buying a Harley.

Cold temps around 35 degrees and raining most of the day, and we turned around before hitting the highest elevation because I was worried about ice. Still worlds better than watching my Huskers take a beating. :)

DSCF0003.JPG

Beautiful view on the Skyway.

DSCF0001.JPG

The lower elevations were better, but it drizzled the whole trip.

DSCF0045.JPG

That looks like a lot of fun.

We ended up with our backup QB getting hurt Saturday, so our starter is back against A&M on Saturday and everyone is upset. I guess that's a nice problem to have.

No hijacks allowed whilst Bama's #1! :grin:

Check the BCS again Danny

1 Florida

2 Alabama

3 Texas

4 Boise State

5 Cincinnati

And the coaches poll

1 Florida (49)

2 Alabama (9)

3 Texas (1)

4 Southern California

5 Boise State

And the Harris

1 Florida

2 Alabama (

3 Texas

4 Southern California

5 Boise State

And the USA Today

1.Florida

2.Alabama

3.Texas

4.Southern California

5.Boise State

No hijacks allowed whilst Bama's #1! :grin:

Check the BCS again Danny

1 Florida

2 Alabama

3 Texas

4 Boise State

5 Cincinnati

And the coaches poll

1 Florida (49)

2 Alabama (9)

3 Texas (1)

4 Southern California

5 Boise State

And the Harris

1 Florida

2 Alabama (

3 Texas

4 Southern California

5 Boise State

And the USA Today

1.Florida

2.Alabama

3.Texas

4.Southern California

5.Boise State

Yeah, yeah, I know. The only poll that has Bama as #1 is the AP. Whatta they know!

Like I said, it all comes down to Atlanta.

But it's still good for me to see Bama on top without computers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, yeah, I know. The only poll that has Bama as #1 is the AP. Whatta they know!

It was a STRAW vote.....ya know the type those BAMA boys can understand and have hanging out thier mugs....... :D

Bill,

The SEC came out yesterday and issued an apology for the bad call(s) in the Arkansas vs. Florida game.

The league stated that one call in particular, a personal foul on Arkansas that gave Florida a first down at the 10 where they scored on the next play, was incorrect.

IMO, they should have called it on the UF player who initiated the contact even though he was the one knocked on his butt.

The other calls (pass interference against Arkansas and a non-call for offensive interference in the end zone by UF were not publicly dealt with but conveyed internally to Arkansas.

The Arkansas coach will not be fined for his comments about the ooficials on his TV show.

:lurk:

In the end, still counts as a win.

And, an update.

That officiating crew has been suspended for their multiple mistakes in the Ark UF game as well as the mess they made of the last UGA game.

With the ALDS and ALCS umpire gaffes it hasn't been a good week for the officials.

Here's hoping we show up to play tonight.

:Cool:

I kinda like the Noles game plan. Tire NC out by letting them run and catch unimpeded, then blind 'em with those brightly colored little flags that the officials keep throwing into the air.

I kinda like the Noles game plan. Tire NC out by letting them run and catch unimpeded, then blind 'em with those brightly colored little flags that the officials keep throwing into the air.

Now that is funny!

Roadtripping to Baton Rouge friday!!!

A badly needed win.

Worst behavior and conduct I remember in a while.

:(

I think that is a result of the pressure from the "what will Bobby do" drama.

We need to play football and not act like hooligans.

And, some of the best plays for us in a while.

98 yard pass pretty cool.

Of course the obligatory blown call at the end of the game taking an int. and TD away. :P

A great start to the weekend for college fans.

Go Noles!

Wow, congrats tallman! I quit watching around halftime, thinking that FS was just a mess. Exciting that they could come back like that.

It's very interesting how much attitude, momentum and confidence affect college football. Florida State is not a bad team, but they have been so down on themselves they couldn't do anything right. I hope this win gives the team the confidence boost they need.

Archived