IGNORED

Great Weekend in College Football!

beemerman2k

I will say that Heisman trophy winners it seems, expecially QB's, don't have a very good record in the NFL.

Yeah, like Carson Palmer, Vinny Testaverde, Doug Flutie, and Roger Staubach.

Who combined for something like a 260-217 record in the NFL, or 54.5% wins.

Take Staubach out, and it's under 50%.

Trivia question?

Who is the only Heisman Tophy winning QB to never lose an NFL game?

Easy, I know.

1988 Barry Sanders Oklahoma State RB

I remember this guy. My favorite player in NFL history. Wow, the moves he had :eek:

Another Heisman winner, Andre Ware, didn't work out so well for the Lions.

I grew up in Detroit, and the running joke was that Barry could have have more yards per carry, but their offensive line always gave up 2-3 yards on every play.

Trivia question?

Easy, I know.

My guess is Chris Weinke. A baseball player that was at FSU for, what, ten or twelve years? As I recall, he was about 35 when he won that trophy. :rofl:

Sorry, Tim, I couldn't resist. That one's been on my mind since I saw his name on the list a couple of hours ago.

Au contraire...

And that my friend, is why they play the games... You "experts" keep dorking things up!

:wave::rofl:

PS... Was a decision ever reached on how many of St. Bobby's wins will be vacated?

So what do y'all think? Do the Aggies have a snowball's chance in the hot place of bringing down Texas this year?

Sounds like the team is pretty inconsistent, but I like underdogs, I think I'll root for the Aggies this week-end.

Box of Chocolates?

I'll admit that beating Baylor is not really anything to brag about, and Oklahoma doesn't seem to be too strong this year. What is wrong with the Big 12, anyway?

And, what kind of opponent is Florida International? Might as well play against the local Jr. High. Strength of schedule my a$$.

There. How's that? :lurk:

And, what kind of opponent is Florida International? Might as well play against the local Jr. High. Strength of schedule my a$$.

About the same as Tennessee-Chattanooga... IOW, a "Contender" in the Moutain West....

Go make me some pie!

:wave: Hi Sharon! :rofl:

So what do y'all think? Do the Aggies have a snowball's chance in the hot place of bringing down Texas this year?

No, but it will be fun to watch at the start. The world's largest insane asylum (Kyle Field) will be rockin' for a while, but the Evil Empire will be too much for them.

As to what's wrong with the B12, the North's weaker'n a popcorn poot. And the south boys are killin' each other. TX and OSU are a little above the rest in the south. Raiders can't keep a QB from getting hurt, played three already this year.

About the same as Tennessee-Chattanooga... IOW, a "Contender" in the Moutain West....

Go make me some pie!

:wave: Hi Sharon! :rofl:

Hi there yourself, Matt! :wave:

No, but it will be fun to watch at the start. The world's largest insane asylum (Kyle Field) will be rockin' for a while, but the Evil Empire will be too much for them.

As to what's wrong with the B12, the North's weaker'n a popcorn poot. And the south boys are killin' each other. TX and OSU are a little above the rest in the south. Raiders can't keep a QB from getting hurt, played three already this year.

Yes, I don't think the Aggies have much of a chance either, but they are my sentimental favorite. I always enjoyed the road trips down to College Station better than the trips to Austin back in the day.

Texas should win, maybe big, but never count out the Aggies. You never know. Kyle and the 12th man are wildcards. In a way I'd like to see a TCU UT BCS championship. Instead of depending on Texas A&M what may be better odds is Auburn beating Bama and Bama beating FL...

Good luck Sharon.

Trivia question?

There's more than one.

Eric Crouch remains undefeated in the NFL to this day!

I loved that guy when he played for Nebraska, but I think we were collectively disappointed with him after graduation. The kid was NOT going to be a NFL QB. The Rams offered a receiver position but he didn't want to take it. If he would have been willing to be a team player he might have had an interesting NFL career. Instead he refused to play anything other than QB. In under a year he was back in Omaha living in his girlfriend's parent's basement. Sad story of missed opportunity.

Trivia question?

There's more than one.

You're right, but those guys weren't ever going to play in the NFL

anyway.

:grin:

Charlie didn't aspire to play in the NFL as basketball was his first choice.

Those others wanted to play on Sunday.

But there are other correct answers.

No decision on vacating victories, although that should happen right about the time they finish the Reggie Bush USC investigation and take a certain OSU player at hiw word that he was given improper academic help.

In the end, it won't matter as it wasn't something on the field, the head coach responded with serious sanctions as soon as he found out (most likely costing the team a win or three and a bowl victory).

In time, his legacy will be the totality of the impact he had on college football, from helping the Marshall program get going again after the tragic plane crash to having the first wire to wire unbeaten National Champion of the BCS era.

The 14 year run of top rankings and the consecutive 10 victory seasons may be equalled or exceeded, but he did it first.

We won't see the Bobby and JoePa type longevity again, IMO.

Trivia question?

There's more than one.

Does it count if they never take a snap? OR come in at the end of a game for mop-up duty?

Trivia question?

There's more than one.

Eric Crouch remains undefeated in the NFL to this day!

I loved that guy when he played for Nebraska, but I think we were collectively disappointed with him after graduation. The kid was NOT going to be a NFL QB. The Rams offered a receiver position but he didn't want to take it. If he would have been willing to be a team player he might have had an interesting NFL career. Instead he refused to play anything other than QB. In under a year he was back in Omaha living in his girlfriend's parent's basement. Sad story of missed opportunity.

It's sad when hot shot college players aren't willing to be team players in the pro's. I'm not sure why they think they can dictate the terms fo their emplyoment. Once in the pro's every colleg eplayer, even the top recruits are no longer all that special. Most pro's were top recruits at one time. There are good examples of pro team using the best aspects of soemones talents, even if it's a different role than they played in college. Desmond Howard was too small to be a pro reciever, but was great at punt and kick returns. Charles Woodson played both ways in college and was primarily a reciever, but has been used only as a corner in the pros where he's very good. Hmmm... both UofM grads. I'm sure ther are other examples. I can see OSU's Pryor being used as a reciever rather than a QB. Very gifted athlete, but an average thrower.

NFL minimum salasry is over $300,000.00 which would pay the rent on a ground level apartment and get him out of the basement.

He's probably happy and we know that's what counts.

Wow, this Texas @ Texas A&M game is turned out to be very good! 42-39 Texas with 7 minutes left.

Why can't the Aggies play like this on the other weekends?! :dopeslap:

Wow, this Texas @ Texas A&M game is turned out to be very good! 42-39 Texas with 7 minutes left.

Why can't the Aggies play like this on the other weekends?! :dopeslap:

You had to say somethin.......you and I have had a bad year.

Does "buzzard luck" mean anything to you????

I actually wanted Texas to win for this one reason: I don't want to see TCU, Cincinnatti, or Boise State playing the SEC champ for the National Title. Sorry, but those other schools need to play the same type of tough opponents before I will really believe they're eligible for a National Title run -- although I will grant that TCU has an impressive record over some very substantial opponents.

So to keep things nice and simple, let's see Texas take on Florida or 'Bama for the National Title. That will be a good game whose credibility will be questioned by no one.

Sheesh, that was TOO close.

But I must say, champions don't panic, & Bama never did. They played thier game, & it worked out.

This game showed how emotion can be more of a factor than records or stats. Auburn was better than I expected them to be. I don't look forward to next year, except that it's in Tuscaloosa.

Whatever... two missed tackles and the tide's season was for all intents over.

We have the same basic game tomorrow, someone looking for a spoiler. If we beat up the noles, will someone accuse us of playing a patsy team before the championship?

Danny, before the championship game starts, we should meet for a beer someplace neutral

You guys know I like the 'Noles and I have a lot of respect for Bobby Bowden, but Florida State is no Auburn. Not this year. Auburn is a very good team, highly ranked at one point this fall, weren't they? Florida State is not as good as Auburn; not even close. No defense to speak of on that team. The Gators ought to eat them up and spit out the bones.

OK, upon further review, I guess Auburn isn't as strong this fall as I thought they were. Ranked #17 as of week 6, but then lost to Arkansas and Kentucky - ouch!

I actually wanted Texas to win for this one reason: I don't want to see TCU, Cincinnatti, or Boise State playing the SEC champ for the National Title.

Beemerman2k

As a Cincy graduate,painfully, I must agree. It's been a wonderfully great season, but I just don't see how the Bearcats can play with the likes of the teams above them.

Yes, all season I have been bragging up my team, but it's because it may be another 50 years before we can brag about Cincinnati again. :thumbsup: I keep thinking one loss and we'll drop to #35

It'll be interesting to see how they do going forward...tougher teams on the schedule and whether we can keep Kelly...

But for now, 13-0, 12-1, or even 11-2 sounds fantastic for the program...

Hey, hey, hey, UC, you look so good to me!

UC'80

REVz,

That sounds like comments about the Utes before playing 'Bama last year.

And Boise State before playing Oklahoma.

:/

You never know...

James,

'Noles are down, lost starting QB, All-American guard, starting tight -end, starting DT.

Gators will most likely win big.

But we have very few Seniors playing this year, none on offense, things should improve.

Danny,

You know what's coming.

First Auburn mismanaged clock even worse than LSU did.

Second, on the last play, #28 the DB for 'Bama played the man, never played the ball, was blatant pass interference.

Watch the replay. Back judge is watching the ball, he never looks at the players. Side judge is blocked by bodies, but there is no doubt that #28 has his hands all over the receiver and prevents him from making a play.

Should've had one untimed play after that.

But dems da breaks.

Upchurch who caught the winning TD is a local Tallahassee kid who we watched grow up.

Quite a time for his first TD.

Well, TCU managed to eke out a 51-10 win over New Mexico despite all the mistakes. . . geesh, to finish 12 and 0 for the regular season.

It was exciting to see the team match the records from 1935 and 1938.

Go Frogs!

Need to go check in on the Utah/BYU game. . .

What the heck happened to Okie Lite? I guess OU was a little ticked off by the woodshedding they got in Lubbock last week. Wonder how Nebraska and Texas will stack up next week? Texas didn't look like world beaters against the Aggies.

I'm not sure anyone is questioning whether TCU, Boise St, and Cinci can play with the big name programs as was pointed out using Boise/OU and Utah/Bama as examples. These teams are very good and very competative football teams. I think what people are questioning is would we be looking at those teams 12-0, 11-1 etc... if they played Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Bama, Ole Miss (or UT, OU, Nebraksa/OSU, Iowa, PSU - pick your major conference) back to back to back.....

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E, Florida State, Florida State, Florida State! Woo! GO NOLES!!!!!

How 'bout them Gators?

All it takes is two more wins boys....

Lets_Play_Two
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E, Florida State, Florida State, Florida State! Woo! GO NOLES!!!!!

How 'bout them Gators?

All it takes is two more wins boys....

They have had a great run, lets see how 2010-2015 goes!! :)

I'd like to see them get Charleston Southern, Troy and FIU off their schedule. Lots of FBS schools they could still dominate!!!

About what I expected.

They played well, made few mistakes.

We played fair, made too many errors of execution, missed tackles, not making plays.

Hope they improve for next year.

Even if it is the side door, 28 year bowl streak lives on.

I guess the order of Florida schoos are:

UF

UM

USF

FSU

At least USF didn't get beat as much as FSU did :dopeslap: but, they probably had a better chance of beating Miami.

OK DANNY.....We got what we wished for.....It's on.....#1 and #2...

Still want to meet me in Tallahassee next Saturday...on my IBA return leg? (Didn't think so)

Thinking of leaving out at 2:00 am Saturday morning maybe with Bernie...Maybe you and Matt can wingman us out of Jax....

I'll be riding for a FLORIDA WIN !!!! Maybe I'll be back by halftime....What a beautiful ending for an IBA ride....GO GATORS !!!

Hutch,

Whether or not the BSU's, TCU's and Cincinnati's can compete with the SEC or Big 12 schools on a consistent basis is something we can never really know with the BCS as it exists today.

Practically and realistically, sports schedules are weighted toward each school's conference and the opportunities to schedule out of conference games are limited, probably mostly by the locations of the schools and their alumni/fan base.

Edit: It has been a fun season, though. :Cool:

Hutch,

Whether or not the BSU's, TCU's and Cincinnati's can compete with the SEC or Big 12 schools on a consistent basis is something we can never really know with the BCS as it exists today.

Practically and realistically, sports schedules are weighted toward each school's conference and the opportunities to schedule out of conference games are limited, probably mostly by the locations of the schools and their alumni/fan base.

Edit: It has been a fun season, though. :Cool:

Sharon,

I am in full agreement with you. That being said I think your Frogs would whip my Tigers and I truly do have a huge repect for your team. I'm glad you have enjoyed your season- that is what it is all about. Congrats.

They have had a great run, lets see how 2010-2015 goes!! :)

I'd like to see them get Charleston Southern, Troy and FIU off their schedule. Lots of FBS schools they could still dominate!!!

I am not opposed to taking the small schools off the schedule, I think it weakens the program in the long run. The next few years will be interesting for sure, and if the Gators stick with Brantly, it's gonna be a more traditional pocket passing game. It's not quite as exciting as watching the whole backfield scramble in different directions to make a play, but then again, the Fun and Gun offense is still one of my favorite eras of college football.

Bill, my buddy Mikey and I will wing you guys out of town, heck we may ride all the way to 'handle to eat some oysters while you ride.

Yes, the next two years UF plays Furman and Florida Atlantic before the FSU game.

UF also adds Miami (Ohio), Appalachian State, UAB, and USF.

We add Oklahoma, West Virginia, Air Force, and keep BYU.

I'll trade you Oklahoma for Furman and West Virginia for Florida Atlantic. :/

bill, my buddy Mikey and I will wing you guys out of town, heck we may ride all the way to 'handle to eat some oysters while you ride.

If ya do, let me know what time you plan to be here in Tally. I'll pick ya up from there!

Yes, the next two years UF plays Furman and Florida Atlantic before the FSU game.

UF also adds Miami (Ohio), Appalachian State, UAB, and USF.

We add Oklahoma, West Virginia, Air Force, and keep BYU.

I'll trade you Oklahoma for Furman and West Virginia for Florida Atlantic. :/

I don't make the schedule, I just enjoy it.

Thinking of leaving out at 2:00 am Saturday morning maybe with Bernie...Maybe you and Matt can wingman us out of Jax....

Kickoff's not till 4, so a little planning on my part, & I'm good for as long as I can, or as long as you'll have me.

I"ve got to get bike-to bike, so I can play the Bama fight song in your ear the whole way. At least it'd keep you awake. :grin:

As for the game, well.....it's going to be a long three hours for both of us. I just hope the Gators represent well against Nebraska. :Cool:

[... I just hope the Gators represent well against Nebraska. :Cool:

You talked all this crap last year too and look how that turned out...

I'm just saying...

I'm just saying...

Took you long enough. :grin:

BTW, how many hands does it take to count Gator champeenships? One, & that includes the two digits you lost to the chainsaw. :rofl:

No matter what, y'all will always be playing catch-up.

I'm just saying...

Took you long enough. :grin:

BTW, how many hands does it take to count Gator champeenships? One, & that includes the two digits you lost to the chainsaw. :rofl:

No matter what, y'all will always be playing catch-up.

Well, this next one will make 4... I reckon that three is enough in 4 years. No sense in getting greedy...

Oh, and Danny boy... Time to man up on that bed.... you gonna take it?

BTW, how many hands does it take to count Gator champeenships? One, & that includes the two digits you lost to the chainsaw.

I thought this weeks game was going to be discussed between non-trash talking adults discussing the finer points of two excellent football programs as they prepare to once again do battle in the most antisapated game of the year....then Danny popped up/off.... :rofl:

After some research:

NCAA recognizes Alabama as National Champions for the 1945, 1966, 1967, and 1977 college football seasons

I guess it takes more than one hand for the Alabama folks to count to four.... :dopeslap:

Archived