IGNORED

Great Weekend in College Football!

beemerman2k

Perhaps this can help

Alabama 11

UF 3

Princeton and Yale 43

Hmmm, Yale founded 1701 Princeton 1746. I'd have thought they'd have won more than that :rofl:

As the late arrivals, I'll take our 4 appearances and 3 wins to date.

UF 1853

FSU 1851

UA 1831

I'm also thinking that there's a 4th one just a couple wins away...

Wow, I remember years ago when MICHIGAN was a powerhouse, we used to do what you guys are doing. What did we call it? Talking trish? No. Talking smick? No, that's not it either. Man, it's been so long I don't even remember what you call it anymore :cry:

In other news, look at the Saints dismantle my Patriots! Wow, never thought I'd see the day. Good for New Orleans; about time.

Don't worry Danny, I hear they just promoted a crew of ACC refs to call the GAdoom game on Saturday.

This should allow the issue to be settled on the field without controversy.

;)

Y'all meeting Bill in Tallahassee for BBQue and to watch the game in a newtrahl site?

So what are the odds that all the favorites fall on their face and TCU wins the nation championship??? That would be a heck of a slap in the face to ALL of the major conferences.

That would however, require that Nebraska's offense show's up. Maybe TCU can lend them their offensive coordinator.

Uh oh,

This won't help the Gators.

Last year's MVP arrested.

I think he needs that Canadian judge.

" According to the GPD, Dunlap was found asleep, slumped over the wheel of the car he was driving while it was idling at an intersection."

link

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20091201/SPORTS/91201008/-1/breakingnews/UF-s-Carlos-Dunlap-makes-first-appearances-released-from-jail-after-DUI-arrest

Of course he might only be suspended until after 5 o'clock game time.

Thinking of leaving out at 2:00 am Saturday morning maybe with Bernie...Maybe you and Matt can wingman us out of Jax....

Bernie can't make it....still thinking about 2:00 am leave time from the Racetrack on University and I-95...

That would however, require that Nebraska's offense show's up. Maybe TCU can lend them their offensive coordinator.

:) I'd rather borrow their QB and a few offensive weapons.

I'm not expecting a win on Saturday, but it sure would be nice. Maybe they will underestimate us. If our defense can hold 'em down, maybe our offense can do just enough to win again.

If our defense can hold 'em down, maybe our offense can do just enough to win again.

Oh, you mean the standard Iowa game plan. :)

I hope Iowa doesn't play Nebraska in a bowl, it would be the most boring game ever played... a real battle of the punters. The final score would be 7-5 ... with the winning team getting 2 safeties for the win.

You better hope not. Our punter is fantastic!

How's that for trash talk? :Cool:

Ya, but when one of your linebackera flattens our starting QB, we have a pretty good back-up that's already had 2 starts.

I'm not any good at trash talk. :/

I can't believe it. My alma mater, The University of Cincinnati is 12 & 0. I was so disappointed witht the first 3 1/2 quarters that I couldn't bear to watch the end. I did get to see the last 33 seconds, wow.

Maybe not the BCS championship team, who knows, we'll take a perfect regular season and hope for the best...

Go Bearcats!

REVz

UC'80

That was an excellent college football game.

:thumbsup:

I thinkee I like this better than 10-7 and great defense.

Congratulations.

I missed half the first and about half the third quarters. So far, I'm glad. This has made me glad I've had to work today...

Congrats Danny.

Bama's been all over these Gators. This is an impressive and decisive win.

Hopefully, my chiming in with 7:40 left to play doesn't jinx 'Bama :Cool:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sure glad you didn't jinks em like last year.

To paraphrase.

"I wonder why they don't just give Bama the National Championship now."

Congrats for learning your lesson.

:wave:

Speaking of last year, and I know you guys feel it was just a "cocktail party" anyhow, but I was amazed that 'Bama lost to Utah like they did.

They had better show up ready to play like they did today if it's Texas.

First off, USC lost.

:clap:

In the other big game Cincinatti pulled off a great comback.

Oh yeah, there was that game in Atlanta, sounds like the Gators didn't win.

Roll Tide.

A complete game by 'Bama, worst beating since Meyer arrived.

Whoever plays them will need a great game to beat 'Bama but conversely they need to put this behind them and focus on the next step.

Back last century :/ when we got to 5 National title games in short span, we lost 2 we should have won, won 2, and got blown out in a rematch w/the gators that was set up by an improbable series of results that was hard to imagine coming true.

No telling what will happen and who they will play, but the lesson we learned is, the other team will show up wanting to play and you'd better not take anything for granted or you'll regret it for a long time.

Tebow and crew have had an excellent college career and have set a new standard of excellence in Hog Town.

congratulations.

Now, as a 'Nole, I might wish it was all downhill for UF from here.

:P

Go Huskers!

Throw a wrench in the BCS machine...

:lurk:

If, & I say IF, Texas loses, who do we play? Cincy?

I watched that game today & all I can say is, I hope not! Those Cats are dangerous, & good.

Danny,

You're old enough to know better.

I'm old enough to not care.

It will be interesting to see how Gator Nation responds to the next 3-4 years.

Like I said above, Congrats, they've had a great run.

I'll stay positive.

See you at Huckleberry's or Cedar Key and buy you an iced tea.

Best wishes.

Like I said earlier, I've been working through most of the game which is just as well since #1 played like #2 :rofl:

It's been a good run for the Gators, a senior class that has lost something like 7 total games in their 4 years and won a couple championships. Not bad at all.

Bama played better ball, but I could have done w/o the text I got during a network outage...

At least we should get another exciting Big 10 opponent in the Outback bowl... weee... :P

I have to tell you when Urban dumped Utah and went to Florida, a lot of us living in little 'ol Utah at the time, felt like we'd been screwed. He'd taken a team built by the previous coach, Ron McBride and added his talent to the mix and the next thing we knew, we were rated 4th in the nation (remember Alex Smith, now of the 49er's?). So, I have mixed emotions about this Florida team. I think Tebow is a class act and hopefully he'll be able to leverage his career into a successful professional one but there was some measure of revenge I felt when Alabama, kicked Florida's a$$!

Bruce

And how 'bout the lady throwing footballs represnting 'Bama

in the Dr. Pepper scholarship competition?

She went to the school's coach and practiced.

It showed.

Made 9/10 to beat the Gator boy who must've thrown his arm out doing the chop before starting.

Nice way to pick up $123,000.

:Cool:

Just saw the Big 12 version.

2 ladies who obviously didn't put the prep into ot the 'Bama rep did.

0/10 and 2/10

:eek:

Ouch.

The Huskers coulda shoulda.

If it was a coaching choice to keep it away from the returner that led to the ball being kicked the way it was to go OB, :dopeslap: .

After the punt return I was sure they'd throw some combo/pick route and give someone a chance to make a play for a TD.

Those run calls sucked.

If they had any offense ... :lurk:

Well geez, I was gonna say that Danny is going to be insufferable now, but he's already gone and posted and proved my point. :grin::wave:

Edit: I watched the first three quarters, then had to leave for a holiday party. What a game! Alabama was impressive!

I was disappointed to see that Nebraska came sooo close to setting up my Froggies for the National Championship, but looks like a no go. :(

I'm glad to see Coach Meyer's team go down. He really played the Utah folks big time . . . kept saying he'd stay in Utah, his wife really likes it here, yada yada yada, then bailed to Florida before Utah's bowl game back in 2004. I wonder if he got offered the Notre Dame job and is planning to skip out on Florida? :lurk:

Oh, and I did watch the Cincinnati/Pitt game, quite a thriller. . . Bearcats comeback was impressive!

Well, the fat lady lives in Alabama and she has an offense. The Huskers darn near won this one on defense alone. What a game this was. Nebraska has nothing to be sorry about.

ROLL TIDE :thumbsup:

Congrats Huzband. Your guys were awesome tonight.

Sorry Husker Red. Played a great game.

Sorry to you also Bullet. Your guys were almost there.

'Bama better kick some Longhorn butt.

To quote Bart Simpson, "no problemo".

I spoke too soon, you'll never learn.

...and I hate tu.

WooHoo,

Just ordered tickets for the Gator Bowl where we'll play West Virginia.

Go Noles!

One more game for Bobby...

'Bama better kick some Longhorn butt.

To quote Bart Simpson, "no problemo".

I spoke too soon, you'll never learn.

...and I hate tu.

No, sometimes you have to take a stand and express confidence in your boys. They're out there playing their hearts out, doing their best, and believing in themselves, so there's nothing wrong with taking that stand with them.

I applaud Huzband for taking such a stand. It's not like Alabama hasn't earned that kind of respect. So stand TALL, Danny! Let no one here question which team you represent on this forum.

As for the rest of us, what we wouldn't give to see our boyz knocking around a #1 ranked team on the gridiron like the 'Bama boyz did.

Bite your tongue!

:P

I'd rather see TCU, Cincy, Boyzee State, in any combination.

:lurk:

You got your wish.

I'm making plans to go to the Fiesta.

Last time those Horny Toads got the Broncos by a point. I hope for a Bronco win this time around, but regardless, both teams will leave with at least the same number of wins.

(BSU is 13-0, TCU is 12-0)

Speaking of last year, and I know you guys feel it was just a "cocktail party" anyhow, but I was amazed that 'Bama lost to Utah like they did.

They had better show up ready to play like they did today if it's Texas.

Texas just faced down the best defense in the country. Alabama's defense is good, but it should feel like a walk in the park compared to playing Big Red. That squad is easily the best in the country and could probably embarrass a few pro offenses. Their defense had that game won. If Nebraska even had an average offense, they might be playing the the national title.

The deciding factor will be IMO, whether of not the Texas D can stop Alabama's running game.

Oh yeah. That Blackshirt defense is TOUGH. Especially when you consider how bad our offense is - the defense never gets a chance to rest! Overall I'm pretty happy about the game. Lots of Husker fans are mad about Texas getting the extra second on the clock to kick the game winner, but not me. There was clearly a little time left on the clock when the ball hit the ground, plus we had plenty of other chances to win that game. Congrats to the Longhorns and I hope they whoop Bama!

We all knew that our coach Bo Pelini is a defense guy, but I didn't realize he hates offenses so much he won't even let OURS score! :)

Alabama has a good team and my Auburn had a great 56 minutes with nasty Nick and the boys. Hated to see Tebow breaddown like that in front of the media, I know the loss hurt, but please hold your head up. I am one of his biggest fans.

The SEC eats its young, I will have to pull for Texas and McCoy, hope he gets the Heisman, can't see Ingram winning it, Auburn held him to 30 yds and he took himself out with an injury. Corse, Bama could have already looked past Auburn at that point looking ahead to Florida.

Being a Dophins fan, can't pull for nasty Nick, the way he did the fins on his way out.

Go Texas

Here is a link to compare strength of schedule and performance against Top 10 and Top 30.

Alabama

3-0 top ten

7-0 top thirty

Texas

0-0 top ten

2-0 top thirty

I admit it...

It's all my fault. I made Tim cry on TV.....

I thought the game started later.

My lucky shirt was in the wash.

I had to work half the game and couldn't focus...

And now, we're stuck playing a team who's logo looks like they stole it from Chik Fil A.

Coach Meyer, please accept my apologies...

Hook'em Horns!

I am not a believer in Cincinnati. I saw them play UCONN and I wasn't impressed. Florida is going to be kinda bored in this game, especially in the second half.

I like a good, tough game as much as anyone, but my prediction is that this won't be one.

Here's Cincy's schedule this fall:

Date Opponent Result

Sep. 7 at Rutgers W 47-15

Sep. 12 SE Missouri St. W 70-3

Sep. 19 at Oregon State W 28-18

Sep. 26 Fresno State W 28-20

Oct. 3 at Miami-OH W 37-13

Oct. 15 at South Florida W 34-17

Oct. 24 Louisville W 41-10

Oct. 31 at Syracuse W 28-7

Nov. 7 Connecticut W 47-45

Nov. 13 West Virginia W 24-21

Nov. 27 Illinois W 49-36

Dec. 5 at Pittsburgh W 45-44

Were any of these teams actually ranked? I don't want to hear about Pitt; they've underperformed for years. Every fall I hear about how Coach Wansted is finally coming into his own, and every fall they fizzle down the stretch -- like they did when they played Cincy.

Oh well, as the saying goes, "that's why they play the game"

Archived