IGNORED

Great Weekend in College Football!

beemerman2k

... and it gives the rest of us a hook from which to laugh our butts off when the predicted national champion eventually loses at home to a podunk, little league, local community college football team! 'Cause more often than not, you know that is going to happen :rofl:

so, you're picking USC already? :dopeslap:

... and it gives the rest of us a hook from which to laugh our butts off when the predicted national champion eventually loses at home to a podunk, little league, local community college football team! 'Cause more often than not, you know that is going to happen :rofl:

so, you're picking USC already? :dopeslap:

Exactly. USC, or any most any team in the Big 10, too :smile:

This is a great tradition beemerman. I better start researching for my 2011 pre-season post since I'll be starting that one!

If it's USC, we won't have Pete Carroll to kick around anymore.

I just saw this on Yahoo Sports!

Oh man, that's disappointing. First of all, Carroll has the best job in sports coaching at USC. LA loves this guy; he is a king in that town. Second of all, he has work to do. He needs to go out on top, not like this. I am very disappointed.

The NFL is going to eat him alive. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he'll become a great Superbowl winning coach. But I'm skeptical; I don't think that's going to happen.

Repeat after me, Reggie Bush.

One day USC will pay for that.

It may be sooner rather than later.

Tommy T?

He beat 'Bama a lot.

He can coach.

You could do worse.

So tell me what you know about Tuberville?

Good coach. Smart man. Did very well at Ole Miss and I thought he did well at Auburn. Went 13-0 one year with probably the best team in the country and watched the BCS game, from the outside. I think his firing was more about peronalities than football. I think Ole Miss compares favorably with TT. Good program, winning tradition, but not quite the top of the food chain within conference. I think he'd be a great hire.

BTW ... went to flight school in Lubbock at Reese AFB. Great place. Great folks.

BTW ... went to flight school in Lubbock at Reese AFB. Great place. Great folks.

Thanks Hutch, we miss having Reese around.

It looks like the announcement will be made tomorrow. I enjoyed Leach's time coaching here, but he was such a strange duck, things finally came unwound. TT will probably fit the West TX model a lot better. If we can figure out how to keep the offense going and bring in a little SEC defense, this might be interesting.

Auburn had two recent undefeated teams that got left out in the cold.

Playoff anyone?

He'll bring some savvy to the table.

If he gets the right mixture of good players, who don't want to be second string at University X, he could have them doing well.

Good bowl record so he knows how to get there and win.

Tommy T?

He beat 'Bama a lot.

When Bama couldn't decide on a coach.

He can coach.

I have to give him that one. 85-40 at Auburn. Not a percentage to sneeze at, especially in the almighty (yeah, I said it) SEC.

OK, still has a pulse.

And now introducing the new USC coach, former UT coach (for one year)'

Lane Kiffin.

He'll take his daddy w/him to USC leaving Tennessee a double vacancy to fill at a bad time.

Yessiree different rules for the coach and the players.

If UT gets a head coach from another school, the onus will pass to them.

Sad commentary on commitment.

Local news today was all abuzz about some website in LA stating that Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio was about to be named the new head coach at USC.

I was so shocked at the news I went to the coach's house to help him pack up! :rofl:

Del Rio was a nice diversion for socal. Del Rio may have been running interference for them. they had kiffin locked up pretty fast. somehow it was kept quiet for the 12 or so hours between coaches. :rofl:

Sad commentary on commitment.

No kidding. How in the world does a coach say "commitment" with a straight face in a situation like Kiffin's.

Sherman was good at away games but lousy at home.

:/

Maybe all the salaries for football coaches should go in an escrow account.

At the end of the season you're paid according to performance (with weighting factors to rewardover achievers).

That money is subject to a repayment penalty under certain conditions.

Yes Pete, you can go to Seattle, now give us a check equal to the scholarships for all the kids you've signed who are still in school.

Absolutely unbelievable. Tennessee fans should be allowed to line up and kick him in the ass as he leaves the state. I hope he arrives at USC to find a whole new mess of NCAA violations in Carroll's wake.

Oh my. Defensive line coach and star recruiter Orgeron was apparently calling recruits like crazy to tell them to forget Tennessee and come with him to USC. Some of them were mid-year transfers scheduled to start classes the next morning so he advised them not to go to class or they would have to sit out a year (per NCAA rules) before playing at USC.

Tennessee players weren't happy either. Defensive tackle Marlon Walls made clear his feelings toward Kiffin and departing defensive line coach Ed Orgeron.

Walls also detailed how shortly after Kiffin's announcement Orgeron was telling Tennessee recruits set to enroll on Wednesday not to attend classes so they could join them in Southern California.

"We told them (newcomers) in the meeting it's their option. If they want to go, go. But we're a family here. You don't sign with no school for no coach. And just like they left us, they'll leave you all too," Walls fumed. " ... And we heard Coach O in the background calling enrollees and telling them that they got an offer to USC. He couldn't even address us. He couldn't even call us first."

USA today link

You're too kind, Tim.

He's going to learn real soon that this Al Davis attitude doesn't fly when you have to depend on the support of alumni/boosters to keep your job.

Dollar to doughnuts he'll be a forgotten assistant in the NFL inside five years. The only people that will remember him will be the players left in his wake.

Archived