IGNORED

Great Weekend in College Football!

beemerman2k

Michigan has a pretty decent offense lead by Tate Forcier at QB, but it's the defense that gives me fits. I'll be shocked if Michigan doesn't score more than 20 points, but what they give up to Iowa's offense is anybody's guess.

It may all depend on Stanzi's ratio of interceptions to outstanding throws. I managed about 3 outstanding throws for every interception against Arkansas State. I think aginst Penn State he was about 1:1, but the defense got enough turnovers and a special teams touchdown saved the day. The media made a big deal of his passing numbers, but the running game never got going so he HAD to throw for almost 400 yards to make up for 2 bad timed interceptions deep in Iowa territory. One returned for a TD. He could have had an average 250yd game and scored and had the same result if he doesn't toss those 2 picks.

It seesm like Iowas pass defense allows a lot of catches, but they also generates a lot of turnovers and did a good job against the running game.

I'll be shocked if Michigan doesn't score more than 20 points,

If they do that, it probably won't be on the ground. Iowa’s defense has not allowed a rushing touchdown in 33 consecutive quarters -- you have to go back to 2008 for the last time they let that happen.

Tell you what, that Mizzou coach made the ballsy call on 4th and 1 by going for the touchdown instead of the field goal with just 2 seconds left in the first half. Wow.

Still another 30 minutes to go, though.

Imagine how Husker Red is doing about now? He's probably cracking open another bottle of Vodka as he rides out this storm :rofl:

Hey Husker Red, save some of that stuff for me. I'm going to need some this Saturday evening at 8PM when Michigan faces Iowa!

That was an UGLY first half! Pouring rain and yellow flags everywhere. Our offense has been terrible, but the D-line is looking pretty good. Those Mizzou fans in the yellow duckies got a good laugh from me.

Beemerman, I've got to avoid the hard stuff. Husker games have a way of making me into a nervous drinker. After a goal line stand I notice the beer that I just got out of the fridge is empty again and I wonder how that happened. Not safe with vodka. :grin:

Bama games have a way of making me into a nervous drinker.

Fixed it, for me. :grin:

Reminds me of when that team in the horseshoe beat the "U" a few years back. Our house hasn't been that clean since. Dang nervous energy of hers....

Congrats to Husker Red. Great game!

Roadtrip Friday AM. You guys know where bayoubengal is going...

Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take this wrong Hutch, but I'm thinking it's gonna be the Gator's time to shine, a new quarterback starting a tough game.

Go John, Go, drag that tiger by the tail!

Oh boy, what a 4th quarter. We had three miserable quarters of bad passes, muffed punts, dropped balls and penalties but in the 4th our offense finally came alive. It was the defense that kept us in the game, particularly Ndamukong Suh. That kid was incredible! Heisman for a defensive lineman this year? ;)

All is well in the Husker Nation today. :clap:

doc4ace488f965b4190006831.jpg

Wow! I am sorry to say this, but I went to bed at the end of the 3rd quarter. Nebraska appeared to be pretty much contained by that Mizzou defense; they couldn't do squat with that ball except maybe recover their own fumbles. So imagine my surprise when I pulled out my iPhone just now to look at the final score!

4 forth quarter touchdowns?! What the heck happened to make that possible? Really, I could see maybe 2 touchdowns for a squeaker win, but 4? That's a total and complete breakdown of the Missouri defense the likes of which are rarely seen in an entire season of college football!

Congrats Husker Red, and I'm sorry I missed it. :thumbsup:

Holy Ogallala Aquifer!

The Huckers won that one?!!! I Z'd out as well. Congrats Red!!!

:rofl:

Wow, I went to bed early too, and it looked like the Huskers were struggling. The B12 ought to start getting interesting now, Dez Bryant's in trouble, Tech's got injury troubles at QB, Bradford's coming back.

I went to sleep half-way into the 3rd wuarter. I figureed it would continue to be a boring battle of the punters in the sloggy conditions. So, I checked ESPN this morning ... WTF!!!

Conviently, I only had to watch about 5 plays over a 4 minute period on my DVR to see how the game was won. :) Wow. 1 long pass and 2 interceptions later and the game was over for Missouri.

That second interception was a great catch by the defensive back. Just snatched that ball right before it hit the ground and ran.

All 3 Nebraska touchdowns were good throws under a lot of pressure from the defensive rush.

Holy Ogallala Aquifer!

I like that. :rofl: Thanks for the congratulations, guys. We're clearly not world-beaters yet, but that win felt good.

Now I can think about the rest of the college football world. I'll pick:

Florida over LSU (I think Florida is motivated to prove they can win with or without Tebow.)

Florida State over Georgia Tech (I can't believe there is so much talk about forcing Bowden out. How quickly we forget.)

Georgia over Tennessee

Iowa over Michigan (That's a really tough call and I'll be watching with interest.)

Possible upsets? Maybe Mississippi over Alabama? Probably not... How about Boston College over Virginia Tech? Yeah, probably not either. :)

Holy Ogallala Aquifer!

I like that. :rofl: Thanks for the congratulations, guys. We're clearly not world-beaters yet, but that win felt good.

Now I can think about the rest of the college football world. I'll pick:

Florida over LSU (I think Florida is motivated to prove they can win with or without Tebow.)

Florida State over Georgia Tech (I can't believe there is so much talk about forcing Bowden out. How quickly we forget.)

Georgia over Tennessee

Iowa over Michigan (That's a really tough call and I'll be watching with interest.)

Possible upsets? Maybe Mississippi over Alabama? Probably not... How about Boston College over Virginia Tech? Yeah, probably not either. :)

retort on predictions:

-gators-agree

-sorry tallman but GT is good. i'll go with them altho FSU may show up this week.

-michigan has to win, but i'll take eyeowah

-bama

-Ok-Duke should have beat VT last week. i'm serious, was in the stands. BC might be on a roll, but it's at VT...goin wiht Hokies.

my upset is air force over tcu :dopeslap:

Brian,

10,000 usold seats for Parent's Weekend!

That's $550,000.00, enough to get your attention.

The distractions may be too much for the team.

I hope not.

But the reality is they could lose all the rest of the games unless the Defensive Co (Associate Head Coach) and the Linebackers Coach (Executive Head Coach) change their ways.

We are last in the country in pass defense, by a large margin.

It is broke, so why won't they try to fix it?

If we use the SOS as our defensive schemes it will get uglier.

Sentiment is that BB needs to announce a definitive date for the EOTBBE (End of the Bobby Bowden Era) so players, recruits, fans, boosters, and everyone else can get on with it.

Sad to come to this.

Disclaimer:

I am a Seminole Booster.

Any potential players reading this I am not writing this or promising you anything as an inducement to come to FSU.

But if you do want to, PM me.

:grin:

Hey look...

The 'Noles held GT to no points on their last possession before the half... oh...er... nevermind, time ran out. We'll give them another chance on the upcoming kickoff.

I'm still betting that a half-crazed Tallman will run onto the field and make a fan-tackle on a Yellow Jacket!

Brian,

10,000 usold seats for Parent's Weekend!

That's $550,000.00, enough to get your attention.

The distractions may be too much for the team.

I hope not.

But the reality is they could lose all the rest of the games unless the Defensive Co (Associate Head Coach) and the Linebackers Coach (Executive Head Coach) change their ways.

We are last in the country in pass defense, by a large margin.

It is broke, so why won't they try to fix it?

If we use the SOS as our defensive schemes it will get uglier.

Sentiment is that BB needs to announce a definitive date for the EOTBBE (End of the Bobby Bowden Era) so players, recruits, fans, boosters, and everyone else can get on with it.

Sad to come to this.

Disclaimer:

I am a Seminole Booster.

Any potential players reading this I am not writing this or promising you anything as an inducement to come to FSU.

But if you do want to, PM me.

:grin:

helluva game tim...tuff one. ask o'brien about them blue devils.

Ugly game last night but a win is a win....I have a renewed respect for Florida's O line....How many times did Florida run that dive play at LSU's D line....Not exciting football but boy did they run some time off the clock.

First time I watched a low scoring Florida footbal game that I had NO no fear of them loosing. What ever was LSU's offensive game plan (if they had one) Florida's D was not considered into the equasion by LSU.

Hey Vizhip.....as I stated earlier....It ain't about the stats... with Meyer and Tebow.

Hey look...

The 'Noles held GT to no points on their last possession before the half... oh...er... nevermind, time ran out. We'll give them another chance on the upcoming kickoff.

I'm still betting that a half-crazed Tallman will run onto the field and make a fan-tackle on a Yellow Jacket!

What do you mean half-crazed ?

Got home at 2:30 after all the weather delays.

Bobby and team came out of tunnel arm-in-arm.

Show of solidarity.

Too bad the D is still being held hostage by an antiquated scheme.

Good kids with talent.

We need a Defense Smart class for Mickey and Chuck.

Many years of doing the same thing doesn't make you a better rider, er, I mean coach.

5 turnovers at Iowa. Can't do that and expect to win.

Shucks. :cry:

That was pretty much entirely due to Michigan's freshman quarterbacks. From my perspective in my 10-yard-line seat, I think they showed a lot of athletic ability, and good poise under pressure, but they also showed inexperience. I think with another year or two under their belts, they will be tremendous winners.

The rest of the Michigan team played better than I expected. That includes Michigan's much-maligned offensive line, which did very well.

The best two football players on the field were both Wolverines: I was very impressed with the defensive end Graham, who tossed Iowa's biggest offensive lineman around as if he were flicking a matchstick with his fingers. Also punter Zoltan Mesko -- he consistently made the punt returned backpeddle 10 yards to catch the ball. I'm sure both Graham and Mesko could play NFL right now.

Ok Red, we're on this week, at your place. Potts is still out (I think, Leach doesn't discuss injuries). QB2, "Sticks" Sheffield murdered the K-State secondary last night. If Tech brings it's A game like last night, it ought to be a fun Saturday in Lincoln.

:clap:

Back home from my roadtrip to Baton Rouge. It was not a fair game guys. Florida was better than we were!

I thought LSU defense, although we gave up some yards, played well enough to win the game. 13 points. But we had no offensive rhythm at all. UF defense just dominated our guys. The one advatage we hade, the LSU wide receivers over the UF DBs, we could not exploit because we could not protect our QB.

Congrats Gators. See you in the rematch in the SEC Championship in Dec.

Over the last few years I've become increasingly dissapointed in the growing lack of sportsmanship of the LSU fans. Many, not all, Florida fans made LSU fans look like Service Academy fans... I mean they were downright ugly. Just doesn't have to be that way. I think UGA fans set the standard for good sportsmanship in the SEC.

Nice n Easy Rider

Well, the ACC certainly isn't playing on the same level as many of the other leagues in college football nowadays but it still seems as if Duke coach David Cutcliffe knows how to get the most out of a quarterback:

Lewis Honored by Walter Camp Foundation

10/11/2009

Lewis led Duke to a 49-28 win at N.C. State Saturday

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke quarterback Thaddeus Lewis has been named the Walter Camp Foundation's National Offensive Player of the Week after leading the Blue Devils to a 49-28 win over N.C. State. Lewis completed a school single-game record 40-of-50 passes for 459 yards and five touchdowns in the victory over the Wolfpack.

A senior from Opa-Locka, Fla., Lewis accounted for six total touchdowns while engineering the Duke offense to 502 total yards against an N.C. State defense that entered the week ranking first in the ACC in total defense by allowing 239.2 yards per game. His 459 passing yards mark the fourth-highest single-game total in school history and, with the five scoring tosses, he became Duke's all-time leader in touchdown passes with 59, breaking the previous record of 55 held by Ben Bennett (1980-83).

Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh earned defensive player of the week honors from the organization.

Walter Camp, "The Father of American football," first selected an All-America team in 1889. Camp - a former Yale University athlete and football coach - is also credited with developing play from scrimmage, set plays, the numerical assessment of goals and tries and the restriction of play to eleven men per side. The Walter Camp Football Foundation - a New Haven-based all-volunteer group - was founded in 1967 to perpetuate the ideals of Camp and to continue the tradition of selecting annually an All-America team.

Lewis also earned the College Football Performance Awards National Performer of the Week and Quarterback Performer of the Week awards on Sunday.

5 turnovers at Iowa. Can't do that and expect to win.

Shucks. :cry:

Stanzi even spotted you 7 points early. :grin:

Both QB's started out pretty bad. But MI just couldn't get the passing game going.

I was impressed how well MI ran the ball. Iowa had no answer for MI running game on 2 of those scoring drives. If they would have done that on every drive, they would have won by 12.

Iowa will be in real trouble if they can't find an answer for the running game when they face WI this week and OSU later this season.

Congrats Gators. See you in the rematch in the SEC Championship in Dec.

Sorry, Hutch, ain't gonna happen. The road to Atlanta goes through Tuscaloosa, & it's a dead end for ya.

...we had no offensive rhythm at all. UF defense just dominated our guys.

That's because their D is ranked #1 in the country. Guess who's #2? :lurk:

Sorry, Hutch, ain't gonna happen. The road to Atlanta goes through Tuscaloosa, & it's a dead end for ya.

Quote:

...we had no offensive rhythm at all. UF defense just dominated our guys.

That's because their D is ranked #1 in the country. Guess who's #2?

I saw this coming....and Danny I would have to agree with ya....If Florida's dive play can work that many times in a row against LSU...I don't think they will be able to handle the Tide's running attack....

I figured that would lure the Bama guys into the conversation. The game in Tuscaloosa will be war and the outcome is not pre-determined. We had a crappy team last year and took Bama into overtime. There's a reason we play the games...

Bama guys

Don't you mean Bama GUY? I seem to be the lone voice of reason around here on this subject. :grin:

Oh, it'll be a tough game for sure. Always is. I can hardly wait.

Did you know Bama has a bye the week before? Ain't schedules grand! :Cool:

Bama guys

Don't you mean Bama GUY? I seem to be the lone voice of reason around here on this subject. :grin:

Maybe common sense is more prevalent than I thought? :rofl:

Oh, it'll be a tough game for sure. Always is. I can hardly wait.

Did you know Bama has a bye the week before? Ain't schedules grand! :Cool:

Yeah... he complains when UF has a bye but relishes UA's bye...

Hey Danny, you gonna take me up on that little wager? It's just some lunch and a short ride... :lurk:

Wow, I just checked out ticket prices for the SEC championship. The worst seats in the place are going for $300-$400 and anything in the first level is $750+, club level is $850+. Looks like I will be watching the game on television!

Ok Red, we're on this week, at your place. Potts is still out (I think, Leach doesn't discuss injuries). QB2, "Sticks" Sheffield murdered the K-State secondary last night. If Tech brings it's A game like last night, it ought to be a fun Saturday in Lincoln.

The Pirate and his crew are coming to Lincoln! Sheffield had 490 passing yards and 7 touchdowns! No wonder he got Big 12 offensive player of the week. Fortunately we have defensive player of the week Ndamukong Suh to slow him down. Our defense is much better this year but I'm sure Tech's offense will still get some points on the board. The real question is which Husker offense will show up? We'll need to put up some points, move the ball and burn some clock to win this one.

The Raiders have been weak on the road this year, as usual, losing to Texas and Houston. I'm sure the Husker faithful will make a difference in the home-field advantage. I'm glad ABC picked it up so we can get an HD feed.

Hey Whip, :wave:

We can't get the Raiders/Aggies on TV, what's up with that?

Hey Danny, you gonna take me up on that little wager? It's just some lunch and a short ride...

A BET...A BET....I love to see Danny take a beaten'..... :grin:

Hey Danny, you gonna take me up on that little wager? It's just some lunch and a short ride...

I'm feelin' the love now. :/

I'm feelin' the love now. :/

Yeah...

Survey says? You gonna take the wager? :rofl:

Survey says? You gonna take the wager?

Danny my ole buddy.....Take the wager....I,I, (slight stutter) would have a extreamly hard time posting the question asking if the Mighty Crimson Tide is at low tide and turning a little.....Pink....

:S:lurk:

I can see a wager based on this.

Loser wears…

517STck3kUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

31SSQ77zv5L._SL500_AA264_.jpg

Ta da…

big-aljpg-5f07d2f50271595e_large.jpg

Barbaro-2081-full.gif

that's why $$$ was invented for betting so one does not have to wear silly outfits like that. :wave:

it's a simple wager...

I found a BBQ joint in Tampa called Big John's AL BBQ. I proposed to Danny that if UF loses, we ride down there and I'll buy him lunch at this place whilst any and all from the board come and gather about to give me grief about the superiority of one team over the other.

When UF wins though, Danny and I will travel to Gainesville so he can buy me lunch in Adam's Rib BBQ there again whilst receiving commensurate grief from the assembled masses.

Seems fun, yes?

Too bad he doesn't like to bet on college football...

BREAK BREAK

I did a little research and have determined you guys are betting on a game in which the participants have not yet been determined.

Now once LSU and UF lock down those spots feel free to contact me with bet proposals on the rematch!

Archived