IGNORED

Great Weekend in College Football!

beemerman2k

I saw some shirts the other day that said ""Memo to Lane Kiffin"

and the back said "Be afraid, be very afraid... 9.19.09"

Speaking of UT (no, the other UT, with the bovine!), I did see a hat a couple months back from an UO fan... A red hat with the longhorn logo upside down on it.

It was pretty darn funny.

I saw some shirts the other day that said ""Memo to Lane Kiffin"

and the back said "Be afraid, be very afraid... 9.19.09"

Speaking of UT (no, the other UT, with the bovine!), I did see a hat a couple months back from an UO fan... A red hat with the longhorn logo upside down on it.

It was pretty darn funny.

It ain't funny no more as Oklahoma is hurting for the moment. They had better hope that QB of theirs can fully recover before the game with those Longhorns.

Ha ha! Horns Down! Sigh, I can't wait for the Huskers to be competetive enough to make those games OU and Texas a real rivalry again.

The Vegas line has Florida by 30 over Tennessee! That's a slap in the face, Vol fans. Tebow seems like a decent young man, but the level of schoolgirl-like crushes on him from the sports media is getting old. Old man Monte Kiffen (a former Husker) won't let his D give up that many points. I'll take TN with the points. Go Vols +30!!!

Just for fun - this was making it's rounds on the message boards after the national championship game last year. I don't know who wrote it, so I can't give proper credit:

Tebow Skips Senior Season, Ascends Directly Into Heaven

MIAMI (SP) -- Shortly after leading the Florida Gators to a national championship with a 24-14 win over Oklahoma, junior quarterback Tim Tebow announced that he would skip his senior season and ascend directly into heaven.

Tebow entered the press room to wild applause. A reporter for a 24-hour cable sports network burst into tears when the 2007 Heisman winner entered the room. Another threw a pair of boxer shorts on the podium. Tebow smiled at the gesture and several sports reporters fainted. "Sorry I'm late," Tebow began. "There was a six-year-old boy with cancer in row 54 and I had to make my way through the crowd to heal him."

"I want to start by saying that playing quarterback for the University of Florida, winning two national championships, has been a great honor. There has been some speculation about my future and I want to clear that up right now," he continued.

"Don't go, Tim!" a reporter shouted from the back of the room.

"After much consideration, I have decided to skip my senior season at the University of Florida and ascend directly into Heaven," Tebow announced. Upon making the announcement, Tebow was bathed in a blinding white light and vanished.

Husker Red: that is just classic! :rofl:

Gee, I wonder. The Florida Gators won the National Championship in 2006 by beating Ohio State in a blowout: 41-14. The Gators then took the title again in 2008 by beating Oklahoma 24-14. Hmmm, now how did Florida do in the Capital One Bowl in 2007? Did they win or lose? And who did they play? Hmmmm :Cool:

MICHIGAN, BABY!!! 41-35 over the Florida Gators. Coach Lloyd Carr's last game as head coach of the Wolverines. :smile:

congrats marty...i would've bet that GT kicked their ass. canes did look good.

i'll be watching them play live 2x's this year against my season ticket teams.

MICHIGAN, BABY!!! 41-35 over the Florida Gators. Coach Lloyd Carr's last game as head coach of the Wolverines.

Even a blind squirrel can find a BUCKEYE..... :rofl:.... (2007 Ohio State...14-3 over big blue) remember?

by the way just what was big blue doing in that bowl?.... Not playing for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP either.... :dopeslap:

Husker RED.....that was just tooooooooo funny....Blinding WHITE light and all.........What color is it if you GO THE OTHER WAY.....RED? :eek:

MICHIGAN, BABY!!! 41-35 over the Florida Gators. Coach Lloyd Carr's last game as head coach of the Wolverines.

Even a blind squirrel can find a BUCKEYE..... :rofl:.... (2007 Ohio State...14-3 over big blue) remember?

by the way just what was big blue doing in that bowl?.... Not playing for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP either.... :dopeslap:

Husker RED.....that was just tooooooooo funny....Blinding WHITE light and all.........What color is it if you GO THE OTHER WAY.....RED? :eek:

Whoa, Knifemaker is talkin' BIG trash, doggin' Michigan and Nebraska. Apparently, Florida is rollin' and he doesn't see any team on the horizon that can stop them. I dunno, the Gators at LSU on 10/10 should be interesting. Too bad Florida doesn't play Alabama this fall. Doesn't the SEC have a Championship Game? Florida/Bama, baby! (Truth is, I like both of those teams. I can, I'm not in the SEC).

Well, this side of New Years, that might be the case, but the top echelon of Bowl Games should be incredible this year. Florida, Texas, USC, maybe Oklahoma, Bama, maybe Penn State -- it'll be a whole new season when those games commence. That's when we'll see which QB's will truly ascend into heaven*

*First round draft pick in the NFL, baby :thumbsup:

Hmmm, now how did Florida do in the Capital One Bowl in 2007? Did they win or lose? And who did they play? Hmmmm :Cool:

MICHIGAN, BABY!!! 41-35 over the Florida Gators. Coach Lloyd Carr's last game as head coach of the Wolverines. :smile:

Just remember James, to a UF fan, if you're not playing for the championship, it's just another cocktail party. There's only one bowl game that matters...

Hmmm, now how did Florida do in the Capital One Bowl in 2007? Did they win or lose? And who did they play? Hmmmm :Cool:

Just remember James, to a UF fan, if you're not playing for the championship, it's just another cocktail party. There's only one bowl game that matters...

Well, seeing as my boys haven't been in that position since winning the 1997 Rose Bowl, and sharing the National Title with Nebraska that fall, I'm not quite familiar with the feeling. All I know are cocktail parties :cry:

Fer now...:Cool:

Whoa, Knifemaker is talkin' BIG trash, doggin' Michigan and Nebraska. Apparently, Florida is rollin' and he doesn't see any team on the horizon that can stop them. I dunno, the Gators at LSU on 10/10 should be interesting.

I'm 2d generation LSU season ticket holder. Tix been in family 52 years, which is older than me. I'll be sitting in section 101 on 10/10 but I'm thinking it's going to be a long ride back to GA. We'll see. I was thinking we were going to be back among the elite this year but after two games it is obvious to me we are not.

Whoa, Knifemaker is talkin' BIG trash,

James..........it's all in fun...I love football both college and professional....My first pro love was The RAAAIDERS....even have a signed and framed Hall of Fame jersey from George Blanda hanging in my football room...now I support my hometown boys the JAGS.

I never was schooled at UF (went to college in Kansas City) but I married a woman who lived in Gainesville and spent thousands of dollars so my daughter could graduate from UF with her Masters Degree.....so unlike so many rabid Gator fans and other college football fans at least I do have some real ties to the university.

That being said... if it's a beautiful day on Saturday or Sunday more than likely you will find me getting in 300 to 500 miles on my real love...MOTORCYCLES....

Oh by the way....I was born in Michigan but we moved when I was 3 weeks old and I have spent the last 54 years living in Florida and being a fan of FLORIDA FOOTBALL....

Originally Posted By: beemerman2k

Too bad Florida doesn't play Alabama this fall.

Once again, see 'em in Atlanta.

Who????? That red drip of water....or that funky elephant..... :S

knifemaker: of course it's all fun, and talkin' BIG trash is a large part of it, thus my volley on the Michigan Bowl Game win over Florida in that "cocktail-party" bowl :smile:

I love the ruthless competitive spirit and the take no prisoners attitude of college football. In fact, you should see how my friends act during this time of year. So much trash talkin' you'd think we were the ones suiting up on Saturdays. And your team had better not lose -- questions of your supposed gender begin to surface and the jokes are not the kind you want to ever own up to in public I assure you. Questions pertaining to race, gender, and sexual preference begin to surface :rofl: No "pc" around here, that's for sure. The goal of the trash talk? If you can get someone mad, I mean really angry, that in itself is so funny it's all we'll talk about for years to come. So you had better buck up and take it like a man around here.

And then there's Cathy. Oh Cathy. In my NFL pool, we have about 10 guys who have been playing since the 90's. Cathy joined us and has won 6 of the last 8 seasons! So now all us guys are feeling a bit less like ourselves these days :cry:

But you know what? it hurts so good! :thumbsup:

Since we are not being...PC....Where are the VOL fans or are they smarter than the coach?

Right here... I am just realistic about how the team plays and my expectations...

But then... I don't get paid by the UT system for performance... I only had to pay THEM for schooling... and tickets afterwards... (loved the student free passes of the old days - show student id and walk right in and catch some great games)...

But I digress...

I expect we will beat the 30 point spread - but only because I expect the special teams and the defense to do a little scoring and be very active... and am HOPING that the idiot quarterback decides to FALL on the ball rather than attempt to thread a micrometer in 4 on 1 coverage...

Of course, it doesn't help that he ignores the other receivers and keeps concentrating on his target to see if he is going to get open or figure out if there is a prayers chance of threading the ball between all the converging defenders...

The have one junior quarterback and two freshmen quarterbacks available... and if you asked me, I would say throw one of the freshmen to the wolves and get his feet wet... he can't do any worse... and then use him for the rest of the year preparing him for future seasons with the Vols so we will have an EXPERIENCED quarterback in the next couple of years and thus become a threat once again from the OFFENSIVE side of the ball as WELL as the DEFENSIVE side...

Regards -

-Bob

Oh! What a disappointing finish! I thought we had that one. We had contained their "dual-threat" quarterback all day and then he manages to burn us with one throw at the end. :mad:

Oh well, at least we're not USC today. :eek:

Look at the Senenoles roll, baby! Who called that upset? WHO? Beemerman2k, that's who! 37-14 in the 3rd quarter. Saw this one comin a mile away.

James,

They played well, if giving up 500 yards can be called that.

:dopeslap:

But I'll take the outcome any day.

:clap:

Time will tell if FSU and Miami are pretty good, or not, this year.

Special win as it is the 50th anniversary of Bobby's first win as a head coach in college.

BTW, son Terry is 3-0 at ranked #3 in DII at his new school N.

Alabama.

496 wins w/Bobby and Terry, then add in Tommy's total of 90.

586 wins for the Bowden family as college head coaches.

Pretty cool.

Go Noles!

I'm still impressed; they were at #7 BYU's house. Besides, I already mentioned that their defense looked sorry in their game against Miami. So no surprise there. I'm with you though, the Bowdens are the real deal.

At the end of the day....3 SEC teams in the top 5 rankings ?

Florida, Alabama, Mississippi

4 in the top 10

LSU

5 in the top 25

Georgia

OHHHHHHHHHHH MY........ I love the SEC....There can be NO doubt where the power of college football is !!!!!!

A shout out to my buddy DANNY who hosted a real nice tech day yesterday..............Matt and I gave you and the TIDE special props ALL day....nutten like spreading the LOVE :grin:

My buddy Tim.........GREAT job FSU couldn't beat BYU in their house !!!! YEA SURE!!!!

My buddy Marty....How bout them CANES!!!!!

ALL you folks in college football land around the country remember one thing.....When you go to bed at night say a little prayer thanking the SOUTHERN FOOTBALL TEAMS for playing each other during the season because if they did not.....there may not be any room in the top 10 for YOU..... ;)

VIZHIP..............GOOD GAME..........never have and never will expect a blowout game.... playing Tenn....anyone who does is....well let's just say they really don't know SEC football. Have a good season.........

My buddy Marty....How bout them CANES!!!!!

ALL you folks in college football land around the country remember one thing.....When you go to bed at night say a little prayer thanking the SOUTHERN FOOTBALL TEAMS for playing each other during the season because if they did not.....there may not be any room in the top 10 for YOU..... ;)

You are so right. I can remember when all 3 fla. teams were in the top 6 after 6 or 7 weeks. Then they played each other and 2 usually fell out and made room for lesser teams.

USC will crush everyone, then lose 12-6 to a Pop Warner team, then crush everyone else. Top 3 again. Sigh. But that Frosh QB showed some promise!

EffBee called it. Only this year the Pop Warner team was Washington. Unreal.

OK, so SC did lack Barkley in the QB position as he was hurt. They also lacked some other key personnel (Safety, I think). But dang, this tendency is quite predictable now. Wow.

USC will crush everyone, then lose 12-6 to a Pop Warner team, then crush everyone else. Top 3 again. Sigh. But that Frosh QB showed some promise!

EffBee called it. Only this year the Pop Warner team was Washington. Unreal.

OK, so SC did lack Barkley in the QB position as he was hurt. They also lacked some other key personnel (Safety, I think). But dang, this tendency is quite predictable now. Wow.

Thanks, James. If it's becoming predictable, then what's the constant year after year? It's got to be the coach. He's a GREAT recruiter. And I think he's excellent at game plans. But I don't know if he's able to think that fast on his feet and formulate new plans as changing game situations demand.

Not a reason to dump Pete Carroll. But it's something he's going to have to work on or get some help with.

Interestingly, once the team loses their early season "Pop Warner" game (which truly is an unfair characterization of the Huskies as they seem to be rebounding well from an abysmal season), the entire Trojan team is then amped up and motivated, and they finish the season strong, if not perfect from that point. Someone's got to get that fire in them earlier, and keep it lit.

Glad you made it over, Bill.

You & your new tractor.

Tractor !!!!! I give your FB team ALL the love yesterday and today you attack my bike.... It's a sad day in MUDVILLE

I will say something as a note of TRUE HISTORY we found out yesterday.....

In 1935 this is how Alabama got thier elephant MASCOT history..... by riding from game to game in one of these....

Z%20OXF%20CHIP%2076%20ELEPHANT%20TRAILER.JPG

Seems like even in those days the other Alabama team was on thier backs...........

Thanks, James. If it's becoming predictable, then what's the constant year after year? It's got to be the coach.

I agree with you, EffBee. Carroll is obviously a great coach, but he has to find a way to get that team prepared every Saturday for every team. SC is a target and has been for some time. Every team is hyped to play them because if they can give SC a hard time (I think most of them are more surprised they won than anyone else is) then that's something to be proud of. So even the 0-8 teams are going to give their all against USC.

Someone's got to get that fire in them earlier, and keep it lit.

This, to me, is exactly the problem. Now, I think Washington is going to prove to be a much better team that we all thought they were, but even still, they're not so good that SC should have lost to them, or that SC should have been held to 13 points, which is about what they average in a quarter! Most defenses are proud to have held SC to 13 points in a quarter. But yeah, Carroll has to find a way to keep them focused and ready.

EffBee,

He may be all of those, but the day he had a player pretend to commit suicide and jump from the rooftop in view of the team (player was there, backed up and a manequin w/jersey and gear went over the side) as a "motivational" tool, PeteC dropped out of my radar and I lost all respect for him.

Too many people are touched by the spectre of suicide.

College football continues to provide all the theatre one could ask for.

Latest AP poll;

#1; Florida

#2; Texas

#3 Alabama

We're comin' for ya. :lurk:

A solid top 3 and I'm riding Alabama this fall among them. Bama is going to beat Florida in Atlanta and then they're going to beat Texas, assuming they're still standing, in January for all the marbles. Now, if these top teams suffer a loss, and if USC can get back in the thick of things, then I might just change my loyalties back to the TROJANS :Cool:

Glad you made it over, Bill.

You & your new tractor.

Tractor !!!!! I give your FB team ALL the love yesterday and today you attack my bike.... It's a sad day in MUDVILLE

Love? Are you serious? All I heard were cracks about Bama's finest.

I happen to have images of Waldo's finest, seen at a recent Gator game.

512819082_Us7Gw-O.jpg

And if you have any doubts, I also have a picture of their dorms.

512819073_QN79V-O.jpg

Besides, Matt was the one that called your Buell a deisel.

:grin:

Latest AP poll;

#1; Florida

#2; Texas

#3 Alabama

We're comin' for ya. :lurk:

A solid top 3 and I'm riding Alabama this fall among them. Bama is going to beat Florida in Atlanta and then they're going to beat Texas, assuming they're still standing, in January for all the marbles. Now, if these top teams suffer a loss, and if USC can get back in the thick of things, then I might just change my loyalties back to the TROJANS :Cool:

Bingo! Except for the USC thing.

If they somenow make it to the Championship game against Bama, they'll get thier ass handed to them. Texas, if they get there, will lose. But it will be a better game.

Sorry Matt. That's just how it's gonna be. :grin:

If they somenow make it to the Championship game against Bama, they'll get thier ass handed to them. Texas, if they get there, will lose. But it will be a better game.

Danny, you had better be on your knees praying because if they lose you are going to hear about it for a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Texas looked bad against Tech. I doubt they will make it. One a good note for Texas Tech football that Taylor Potts looked real good.

I watched him for years at Abilene High and he is a great QB. Funny, McCoy and Potts played High School ball just a few miles apart.

You need a new story Dan, you said all that same crap last year and look what happened in ATL...

You need a new story Dan, you said all that same crap last year and look what happened in ATL...

Tebow; 1 int, 1 lost fumble, sacked what? Three or four times? Didn't look good for a defending Nat. Champ.

We could talk smack, or we could see how the season plays out.

Once again, the Nat. Champ. will be decided in Atlanta. :lurk:

Between here & there, it don't really matter.

Archived