IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

I will be joining you all this April for the first time and wanted to contribute something to the event. I hope I am not stepping on any-one's toes, just being a Newbie and all. I love working with MapSource...yeah weird...and have created a number of candidate routes for every-one's review and comment. I am two years new to NC but have collected a bunch of road information from long time riders here and have put some of them together to get the routes. Some were the El Paseo routes from previous years. I tried to come up with routes from 250 to 400 miles and heading in different directions from Maggie Valley. The GPS MapSource files and a PDF map of each route can be found here:

http://home.nc.rr.com/chezbert/

I welcome all comments and suggestions.

I'm working on a GS ride for Sat. I don't do the whole GPS/download/PDF thing, so this'll be done the old fashioned way, i.e. follow me. grin.gif

It won't be too difficult either, so if you're feeling really adventurous, bring your LT. lmao.gif

I'm not sure of mileage yet, but it will be pretty much an all day ride. And yes, food will be involved. I'll post updates here as we get closer to the event.

If you're interested in coming along, respond here, or shoot me a PM.

10:00 am?!?

Heck, most of will either be on the other side of Asheville, or across Cumberland Gap by then.

lmao.gif

Not to mention only running an hour and a half??? lmao.giflurker.gif

Ok, its official - I'll be attending. I can't see Don going by himself grin.gif

I haven't been around here in a while due to some life changing events, so I need to catch up on some reading. I lost about 125lbs to boot, so I feel good!

Ok, its official - I'll be attending. I can't see Don going by himself grin.gif

I haven't been around here in a while due to some life changing events, so I need to catch up on some reading. I lost about 125lbs to boot, so I feel good!

Holy crap Perry......125lbs???......Jees, I can't even imagine you having 125lbs to lose. I was wondering if you were still around. Glad to hear you'll be at the rendezvous........it will be good to see ya again thumbsup.gif

Holy crap Perry......125lbs???......Jees, I can't even imagine you having 125lbs to lose. I was wondering if you were still around. Glad to hear you'll be at the rendezvous........it will be good to see ya again thumbsup.gif

I got divorced....she was the 125 lbs grin.gif

Shoulda done it sooner dopeslap.gif

lmao.gif......Did she take the cat with her?? That should have been worth a few extra lbs.

lmao.gif......Did she take the cat with her?? That should have been worth a few extra lbs.

The cat is mine and he is here with his 'girlfriend' thumbsup.gif

tittyandgirlfriend.jpg

I remember telling that same line to a personellman in the Navy when I got divorced.... The easiest (albeit most expensive) 130lbs I ever lost! Congratulations, and welcome back! grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider

Oh man... this is gonna be fun! smile.gif

252529760_z8UPE-XL.jpg

252528559_BCqJQ-XL.jpg

252529135_TpWmh-XL.jpg

252529337_XVAhp-XL.jpg

Just some pics taken during a 270 mile route scouting trip taken today... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Must be nice having that as a play ground! Although I was there for a week last June it'll be my pleasure to do it all again. I found another local that may join me.

I reserved two room with two double beds each so I have 4 racks to fill!

Pete,

That sucks!

How about this plan... Take your bike up for one of the scouting trips and leave it there. Then just fly up for the rendezvous and ride it home!!!

Welcome Jim, Nice to see another rider from NC, Where in the state are you?, We will have a pretty good amount of Triangle riders in Maggie, I will be heading out from Raleigh on Thur, and arriving in Maggie on friday afternoon. Look forward to seeing you and taking a close look at the GT.

Reservation made. Will arrive on Friday leaving Sunday Morning. Roommate needed- non smoker. Any riders coming through Northwest Florida that would like company during the ride North - let me know. thumbsup.gif

OK I am in!! thumbsup.gif

Looks like I will be rooming with Quinn!

Plan to arrive Thurs and will start the trek home on Sun.

Had a great time at the last El Paeso, and am sure that this will be no different!

Andy.

Great news guys looking forward to meeting you all!

As it stands now we have about 58 people that are coming either as riders or guests. We have a total of about 100 rooms available and it seems that we're looking at a great time!

It's getting close to the time that we'll have to start planning our super secret "great riding weather" dance.

I'm finalizing all the details for the Brat Dinner on Friday , if you're up for volunteering, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

It's getting close to the time that we'll have to start planning our super secret "great riding weather" dance.

If that is what you call flailing around trying to catch my balance after almost busting my ass due to ice on the front step this weekend........then the dancing has already begun lmao.gif

Anyone heading down on Wednesday from up north, is anyone passing through NJ?

I'll be riding down with a couple of friends so if you're looking for some companions let me know.

I'll be riding down with a couple of friends so if you're looking for some companions let me know.

My initial plans are to leave from work (Towson, MD) early Wed afternoon, and slab it down to Raleigh, NC and crash at my buddy Joe's house. Then Thursday morning/early afternoon (hangover dependent) I planned to make the jaunt over to Maggie Valley. That is the VERY LOOSE itinerary as of now........it is subject to change at any time. Rent for sleeping on Joe's couch/floor consists of a 6 pack and a good story to tell. He owes me a few, so I don't feel bad about pimping out his floor space.

Rent for sleeping on Joe's couch/floor consists of a 6 pack and a good story to tell. He owes me a few, so I don't feel bad about pimping out his floor space.

You're gonna be a BAAAAD influence. tongue.gif

lmao.gif

Rent for sleeping on Joe's couch/floor consists of a 6 pack and a good story to tell. He owes me a few, so I don't feel bad about pimping out his floor space.

You're gonna be a BAAAAD influence. tongue.gif

lmao.gif

Just trying to contribute grin.gif

Well if Canada counts as up north, then Yeah I will be passing through!

Not sure of my plans yet, will most likely leave Wed morning and head down through Fort Erie and then down I79 ending up somewhere in West Virginia or NC for the night. and then continue on to Maggie Valley on Thurs. Of course if the weater is good I will most likely get off the slab and take back roads.

Anyone got any good suggestions!

Andy.

I just have to convince my boss to let me have the vacation those days.

Shoot me his number, I'll clear it for you. You didn't really like working there anyway grin.gif

I just have to convince my boss to let me have the vacation those days.

Shoot me his number, I'll clear it for you. You didn't really like working there anyway grin.gif

Where exactly is Bridgewater N.J. and do you have jobs available?

31 miles east/north east of you as the crow flies

It all depends on what type of work you do and how bad you (or someone) pissed off your last employer wave.gif

31 miles east/north east of you as the crow flies

It all depends on what type of work you do and how bad you (or someone) pissed off your last employer wave.gif

I guess it all depends on the content of your phone call.

Now you're being picky. I was going to get you the time off. I never said anything about you being able to go back there ever again. At least not without violating a restraining order

Now you're being picky. I was going to get you the time off. I never said anything about you being able to go back there ever again. At least not without violating a restraining order

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Archived