IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

I washed the bugs off of my windshield, headlight and visor last night but I went out and put 150 miles worth back on this morning.

Installed new rear tire and completed 12K service. But I resisted washing the bike. smile.gif

Will start packing tonight.

See you all Saturday evening.

motorman587
thanks motorman, I'll take you up on that...

Don't worry, I'm active duty Navy, we don't ask OR tell grin.gif

see you Friday evening. I'll hunt you down.

THANKS clap.gif

wow Navy, and I can not remember one bed or two. Hey, will make a border with blankets rolled up if it is just one bed............... lmao.giflmao.gif

motorman587
Don't worry, I'm active duty Navy, we don't ask OR tell

Oh boy, John's gota new squeeze! lmao.gif

Be careful big guy, I understand from a reliable source that he don't snuggle!

You are just jealous............ wave.gif I am sleeping with a "Navy man"................ lmao.gif

Sorry Guys......I couldn't help myself. The weather was ugly, I didn't have anything to do, and I accidentally polished up a 6" diameter spot on my gas tank yesterday that looked really really nice.

Yup, I went and did it........I waxed my bike. And not the 20 min do it all wax, I did the full polish till your elbows tingle Meguiars 3 stage wax job. It took me pretty much all afternoon, but damn I forgot how good my bike looks when its clean. Even Danielle commented on how nice and shiny it looks. I can't wait to see it out in the sunshine cool.gif........that is......if I didn't jinx us for the next week and a half dopeslap.gif.

You are just jealous............ I am sleeping with a "Navy man"................

Oh I see you've lowered your standards wave.gif

Safe trip my friend, sorry I wont be on your wing for this one.

A$$hat!

lmao.gif

Can't wait to meet you Keith, John's told me some stories wave.gif

Yeah......and John is lucky I didn't have a camera (he can fill you in on that one)

Damnit Keith! OK.... I'll just go out and toss some more dirt and crud on my GS to counter your cleaning and polishing.

Too prep for this trip I put a new rear tire on last night. I was extra careful NOT to do anything that would make the rim any cleaner.

I actually don't live too terribly far from Keith. Perhaps I could make a detour to undo his brazen disregard for the weather gods ... and attack his shiny bike with mud. I wouldn't want Danielle after me, but since she's not going ... perhaps she wouldn't mind too much.

I actually don't live too terribly far from Keith. Perhaps I could make a detour to undo his brazen disregard for the weather gods ... and attack his shiny bike with mud. I wouldn't want Danielle after me, but since she's not going ... perhaps she wouldn't mind too much.

I'm ordering up 17 cans of spray-on mud now. Fedex says they can have them at your place tomorrow thumbsup.gif

Well all this talk about jinxes ... we sound like a bunch of superstitiuos baseball players or something ... what's up with that?? crazy.gif

But really, what happens if you've bought new raingear and washed your bike (I just couldn't resist!) ?? eek.giflmao.gif

lurker.gif

Lone_RT_rider
But really, what happens if you've bought new raingear and washed your bike (I just couldn't resist!) ?? eek.giflmao.gif

Isn't that like crossing the streams? (insert Ghostbuster reference here)

Shawn

Isn't that like crossing the streams? (insert Ghostbuster reference here)

Shawn

Gladly lmao.gif

Don't cross the streams.

Why?

It would be bad.

I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean "bad"?

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously, and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Total protonic reversal!

Right, that's bad. Okay, alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon.

or of course

I think we better split up.

Good idea.

Yeah, we can do more damage that way.

Don't get me started with Airplane dopeslap.gif

Work? I'm supposed to be working? I haven't even been focused enough to study for exams or work on my paper today at work! crazy.gif I don't know what I will do if I ever get a real job where they expect me to "work" during the day! dopeslap.gif

See everyone Saturday!

clap.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif

Anyone else able to focus on work?.......

me either.... crazy.gifeek.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

Hey Shawn,

It's not good for me to see that word. dopeslap.gif

See you thursday afternoon. wave.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Hey Shawn,

It's not good for me to see that word. dopeslap.gif

See you thursday afternoon. wave.gif

I wasn't worried about offending you with that four letter word. I know as a past IBM sales guy you wouldn't have a point of reference for it anyway. grin.gifthumbsup.gif I knew you wouldn't understand..... lmao.gif

Miss you man! See you on Thursday. smile.gif

Ok, I KID YOU NOT ... this is the first line of my horoscope for today:

"Your level of focus and retention is extremely unpredictable right now, so do not commit yourself to anything significant today."

This trip must be Fate!! grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider
"Your level of focus and retention is extremely unpredictable right now, so do not commit yourself to anything significant today."

Huh? did you say something? I can't seem to focus.... eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Shawn

Just finished loading the bike. I wonder if it thinks I'm a bit ahead of myself. dopeslap.gif

Now what am I supposed to do till thursday. Eat/jog/feed the damn cat. grin.gif

And you talk about us being superstitious as baseball players or something ... what's up with that??

eek.gifdopeslap.gifgrin.gif

And you talk about us being superstitious as baseball players or something ... what's up with that??

eek.gifdopeslap.gifgrin.gif

I believe I said WE (myself included) were being like superstitious baseball players ... then I decided to check my horoscope lmao.giflmao.gif

OMG! You did. But don't distract me, please ... (see my horosope below). crazy.gif

Powerful and very beneficial planetary aspects will shape the day, enabling you to take charge in a positive, dynamic way. This will be a day where success and achievement are within reach, as long as you don’t allow someone to distract you with a complicated matter!
OMG! You did. But don't distract me, please ... (see my horosope below). crazy.gif

Powerful and very beneficial planetary aspects will shape the day, enabling you to take charge in a positive, dynamic way. This will be a day where success and achievement are within reach, as long as you don’t allow someone to distract you with a complicated matter!

lmao.giflmao.gif

See you later this week!! wave.gif

I can't wait, I've packed 4 times in my head and ........

wait what was I saying? Was there something here about a lack of focus today?

Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?

hmm......been pretty quiet around here since everyone is most likely done "working" for the day grin.gif

tick tick tick......I can't wait to get out of town. Less than 48 hours till I'll be in NC clap.gif

lawnchairboy

I will not be making it folks. I didn't want anyone to worry or be looking for me. I just got a call that a friend was killed in an auto accident. A mentor of mine, a selfless, self made man who loved his family and was generous to a fault. Services this weekend and I will be there. What a loss. RIP Chad.

I will not be making it folks. I didn't want anyone to worry or be looking for me. I just got a call that a friend was killed in an auto accident. A mentor of mine, a selfless, self made man who loved his family and was generous to a fault. Services this weekend and I will be there. What a loss. RIP Chad.

Sorry to hear that Chris frown.gif That is never a good phone call. Take care.....the mountains will still be there next time.

Lone_RT_rider
Chris, very sorry to read this.

Chris,

My condolences to you and his family...

I am also very sorry you can't understandably be with us... frown.gif

Chris really sorry to hear this, my sympathies for the family.

Alan

+1 frown.gif My condolences Chris.

Alan --- just to confirm I'll be meeting you and Deb at the McD's in Pikeville at roughly 10:00 a.m. CST?

Chris,

Sorry you won't be making it down but far more so the reason why not. You have my condolences for the loss of your friend.

I just realized that my bike need an inspection sticker.

RIGHT AFTER I GET BACK FROM THE BRR!!!

Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?

I just peeled my inspection sticker off of my bike last week.......but then again it had been expired for 3 years tongue.gif

I keep meaning to get a new one, but it just never seems to happen.

Lone_RT_rider

I just got off the phone with Theresa, the manager of the Maggie Valley Inn. She had a few things she wanted me to relay to the people that are attending BRR. First and foremost they are genuinely excited that our visit is almost upon them. But... here is what she wanted me to convey...

First, they have approximately 8 rooms left and available to anyone that wants to attend. She said she would be gracious enough to extend the BMW rate to our group if you just mention it when to call to make the reservations. Technically by contract she doesn't have to do that, but she is more than willing to for us.

Second, If you are staying in a King room you are in luck. They just got done totally refurbishing about 10 of those rooms.

Third, and this is the really good part, In expectation of our arrival they have done some upgrading in the pool area for our Friday night Brat party (Matt doesn't even know this). They have added a deck area that accommodate 50+ people as well as added a Tiki Hut!!!! I have not seen these renovations yet and have no idea what to expect, but it should be fun.

Fourth, the supposed Harley event that was to happen in Maggie Valley is actually in Cherokee. There are some daytime events that spill over into Maggie Valley, but after those events are through all the riders scurry back to Cherokee for the night. She said at most we might have 5 rooms of people from that event at the MVI and that's only if they can't find a room in Cherokee first.

Also, the reason she called is to confirm dinner for Saturday night. We are confirmed and paid for 78 people. This should be a great time. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider

One other thing to add that I completely forgot.

There is parking around back by the pool (entrance to the left of the building). If you could please try to park there before you try anywhere else that would be wonderful. We are basically taking over the pool area for the entire event. And no, the pool will not actually be open. crazy.gif

Shawn

NICE! Gotta love the tiki bar grin.gif......I'll be on the road in less than 24 hours clap.gif

Hey Shawn and Matt.......thanks again for doing all the legwork to make this happen! I don't care what these other guys say about you two......you're all right in my book wink.gif

One other thing to add that I completely forgot.

There is parking around back by the pool (entrance to the left of the building). If you could please try to park there before you try anywhere else that would be wonderful. We are basically taking over the pool area for the entire event. And no, the pool will not actually be open. crazy.gif

Shawn

Assume we can use the pool water for bike washing. eek.gif

Archived