IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

1 test down... A paper and a test due Friday... and an exam on Saturday...Then I am out the door and headed to MV in time for Dinner on Saturday! thumbsup.gif

eek.gif

<obscure>

"Hello, Operator, give me room 321, please, thank you. Hello, Noble Lumpkin? This here is the Illustrious Potentate. I said it's the Illustrious Potentate. The Illustrious--Coy! Dadblame it! This here's Bubba! Coy, why ain't you at the parade? What? Well, how'd you get that big Harley up there in your room? What? I can't hear ya' Coy! Quit revving it up, son! Turn it off!"

"I just hope your mama don't find out about this, Coy! What? Well, how'd you get that big motorcycle up there on the high dive, Coy? Now Coy, dad blame it, that ain't no way to act. We supposed to be pillars of the community. "

Hmmm....looks like a thinly veiled swipe at the competition over the ridge from MV.....

lurker.gif

Since I couldn't get my new tires yesterday, I decided to just cross my fingers and hope they make it. If need be, I have all the contact info for the local dealers down there if I get in a pinch and need rubber to get home.

I tried that at one of the El Paseo's. Had a lot of rubber on Saturday morning but almost nothing left by Saturday night! Had to have someone follow me over the Robinsville Sunday morning to put on a new set to get home! Check them frequently! thumbsup.gif

Dr.Bob had his toasted tire replaced, and on aSunday morning, by the Master BMW mechanic over in Robbinsville?

I don't recall.

He ususally had some tires, but difficult sizes, don't know.

Keith,

We always seem to have one case of tirewornoutis, and they always need to be replaced before the trip home. crazy.gif

You aren't the first.

If I find the contact info tonight, I'll post it.

Wheeler's Performance, 2035 Tapoco Road, Rt 129, 2 miles north of Robbinsville, NC

Phone: 828-479-4998

Hope he's still in business! I called him at 9PM Saturday night. The phone number was his home and he agreed to meet me at his shop at 9 AM on Sunday!

Thanks, Bob.

This guy was a great resource for us.

I need to keep his number in my databank.

He works 6 days and was going riding on Sunday.

When Bob called late on Saturday, ( after sufficient inspection and parking lot debate as to the roadworthiness of his tire tongue.gif), the man agreed to delay his only break for the week and take care of Bob's bike.

Way above and beyond, IMO.

thumbsup.gif

Paul,

Wish you were coming. I will be going to nova scotia in the fall and plan on having a cup of coffee with you on the way.

Hey folks! Are ya'll there yet??? Those of us left behind bncry.gif are hoping your havin' a great time :thumbsup

Not everyone is there yet... but I heard that there is already a BMW crowd forming on the mountain roads. clap.gif

I head up tomorrow morning after my Exam. thumbsup.gif

Must study... Must ride... Must study... Must ride... Must...Study... eek.gif

I came down with a severe head cold and did not sleep well the past two nights and decided I had better not start out this morning on the bike. frown.gif

Now 10 hours later still feeling terrible so have decided I can't make this 1st BRR.

Hope the weather holds up and that you all have a wonderful and safe weekend. Hope Shawn and Matt will consider doing this again in the fall and that I'll be able to share the roads and fellowship with you all!

Archived