IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

There is parking around back by the pool (entrance to the left of the building).

So no parking in our rooms? smile.gif

You can, but only if you have a room on the 2nd floor........and you have to do it with no help tongue.gif

There is parking around back by the pool (entrance to the left of the building).

You can, but only if you have a room on the 2nd floor........and you have to do it with no help tongue.gif

Aw Heck! That's why I have a GS!

Lone_RT_rider

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch???? Where's that Moab pic??? grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

Joe Frickin' Friday

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch???? Where's that Moab pic??? grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

1010432-nobikes.jpg

So I guess this is out of the question.

motorcycle.jpg

Of course those of you w/PU trucks have other options.

redneck_swimming_pool_2.jpg

Some would rather ride over the water

henri%20rechatin.jpg

instead of on it.

mcycle.jpg

Anyone bringing a power cord?

Ok, I know I might regret asking this... but for what? crazy.gif

3PUTT said:

I forgot the power cord for the laptop and my ZUMO went belly-up.

Guess he either wants to get his Zumo workin' or surf the internet for the good stuff when he gets to the room at night! lmao.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Beatcha to it! thumbsup.gif

Sorry, long day... I read passed that in his post. I have a Dell and will have my laptop and power cord there.

Shawn

Every once in a while I'm nice to RT riders and let them be first,

in their mind. tongue.gif

Deals Gap. Saturday 12 noon. Be There and bring your wallet. cool.gif

Deals Gap. Saturday 12 noon. Be There and bring your wallet. cool.gif

Yea, you'll need your wallet for the tickets you'll have to pay if you're there on Saturday at noon eek.gifeek.gif

My trip isn't starting out so well myself.......and I haven't even got out of the driveway yet. My CF card for my GPS died last night. I thought I had it fixed, but it screwed up again tonight. So I had to go back and cut my maps down to the bare minimum I need to get to NC and back so they would fit on a 256MB card.

Then I get home today only to find out that the FedEx guy screwed up and delivered my new tires to a bike shop in the next town that just happened to close about the same time I got home from work. I drove over there and I can see them leaning against the counter, but the doors are all locked up and I can't get them. So now I'm either going to have to cross my fingers with my current tires, or wait until they open tomorrow at 9am so I can get them, bring them home, and mount them. Which also means I will have to burn an extra day of vacation that I don't have. I'm STRESSED crazy.gif

I have been unhappy for the past 3 months because of a professional meeting that conflicted with the BRR. I am on the Board of Directors of the sponsoring group thus expected to attend. frown.gif

Well, I recently found out I have a "must" commitment only on Thursday and will likely not be missed if I don't show up on Friday or Saturday (it is being held in the DC Convention Center with 5,000+ in attendance) so I will roll out of here early Friday morning. thumbsup.gif

The bike is ready, I'm ready, and looking forward to seeing many old friends and meeting those of you that will be joining this wonderfully welcoming group of riders for the first time! smile.gif

Thanks for some good news Bob!

I've got the bikes on the trailer and will be loading the truck shortly for an early departure.

Y'all be careful out there!

Lone_RT_rider

Ok... let's see.

13 Sewer Diver Heffeweissen's home brew in the left saddle bag to correct the PTR.... Check!

1 Heinzelmenchen Growler in the right bag ready for filling tomorrow afternoon..... Check!

Top case ready and willing for clothes and laptop.... Check!

Oil lever, tire pressure and NOT washing the bike.... Check!

I think I'm just about ready.... 12:15 PM EST tomorrow it's "Clear Prop!"..... grin.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!

lurker.gif

I have been unhappy for the past 3 months because of a professional meeting that conflicted with the BRR. I am on the Board of Directors of the sponsoring group thus expected to attend. frown.gif

Well, I recently found out I have a "must" commitment only on Thursday and will likely not be missed if I don't show up on Friday or Saturday (it is being held in the DC Convention Center with 5,000+ in attendance) so I will roll out of here early Friday morning. thumbsup.gif

The bike is ready, I'm ready, and looking forward to seeing many old friends and meeting those of you that will be joining this wonderfully welcoming group of riders for the first time! smile.gif

Bob, My schedule is clear now and I plan to join in the fun down in Maggie Valley too. I'm putting the RT on the BRP Thursday morning, spending a night in Fancy Gap, then on to Maggie Valley. Is it too late to join the activities?

Magic

Bob, My schedule is clear now and I plan to join in the fun down in Maggie Valley too. I'm putting the RT on the BRP Thursday morning, spending a night in Fancy Gap, then on to Maggie Valley. Is it too late to join the activities?Magic

It's never to late to join up with this group! Look forward to seeing another BMWBMW member at the BRR! I'll give you a call when I arrive Friday evening.

Since we couldn't find a sitter for Farley, The Wife is sitting this one out.

Futura packed & ready to roll for 5 am departure. ricky.gif

Everything - truck, trailer, bike - completely packed and gassed ... except clothes not finished. He11, it'll soon be time to wake up and leave ... I'd best get movin'!

Be there somewhere around 6:00 pm or so.

I went out to load the bike on to the trailer then discovered I don't own one. Guess I'll be riding down.

I expect to be pulling in around 7:00 tonight. See you all there!

Since I couldn't get my new tires yesterday, I decided to just cross my fingers and hope they make it. If need be, I have all the contact info for the local dealers down there if I get in a pinch and need rubber to get home. I'm fully packed and just got to work. I'll be getting out of here ASAP this afternoon and heading south for Raleigh. I should be into Maggie Valley sometime tomorrow afternoon. clap.gif

good luck Keith!

Will PM my cell # in case you need some logistics done while you're riding in.

Cool. Thanks Matt. I should be fine getting to Maggie Valley.......its just that I might be a little thin in the rubber for the slab ride home on Sunday. I should know by the time I get there if I need to take a field trip to one of the local dealers either Friday or Satuday morning. I needed an excuse to buy a T-shirt anyway right?

Lone_RT_rider
I should know by the time I get there if I need to take a field trip to one of the local dealers either Friday or Satuday morning. I needed an excuse to buy a T-shirt anyway right?

Keith,

Touringsport BMW in Greenville (89 miles away by slab) has tires in stock for Saturday. If that doesn't work there is a Cycle Gear in Greenville as well that also does installs. I see your riding an 1100RT with the 18 inch rear wheel. That might be your biggest issue with non-BMW dealers in the area. That 160/60/18 can be tough to get in hand when your stuck on road.

Knoxville also has a BMW dealer. They are about 100 miles in the Western direction.

Shawn

I should know by the time I get there if I need to take a field trip to one of the local dealers either Friday or Satuday morning. I needed an excuse to buy a T-shirt anyway right?

Keith,

Touringsport BMW in Greenville (89 miles away by slab) has tires in stock for Saturday. If that doesn't work there is a Cycle Gear in Greenville as well that also does installs. I see your riding an 1100RT with the 18 inch rear wheel. That might be your biggest issue with non-BMW dealers in the area. That 160/60/18 can be tough to get in hand when your stuck on road.

Knoxville also has a BMW dealer. They are about 100 miles in the Western direction.

Shawn

I thought there was a shop in Asheville (not a dealer, but works on BMWs) that had high remarks on this DB not too long ago. I don't remember the name, but maybe someone here will.

Keith,

Shawn

Thanks Shawn......my front tire is fine, but the 18" rear was my only real concern. I already preloaded all the BMW dealers into my GPS between here and SC (and the surrounding areas) just in case. I'm hoping that means I won't need to use them. Either way, I should have enough rubber that I don't get into a crisis situation. If I need one, I should be able to plan accordingly so it doesn't screw the whole weekend.

After all......a bad day hanging out at a bike shop is better than a good day at work. grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider
I thought there was a shop in Asheville (not a dealer, but works on BMWs) that had high remarks on this DB not too long ago. I don't remember the name, but maybe someone here will.

Your right, but I can't remember the name of that place to save my life. Anyone else....anyone...anyone.... Bhueller?.....Bhueller?

Dr.Bob had his toasted tire replaced, and on aSunday morning, by the Master BMW mechanic over in Robbinsville?

I don't recall.

He ususally had some tires, but difficult sizes, don't know.

Keith,

We always seem to have one case of tirewornoutis, and they always need to be replaced before the trip home. crazy.gif

You aren't the first.

If I find the contact info tonight, I'll post it.

StretchMark
We always seem to have one case of tirewornoutis, and they always need to be replaced before the trip home. crazy.gif

You aren't the first.

Definitely not the first dopeslap.gif

Just ride them until "the wear bars are showing" grin.gif

4478486_mWery-S.jpg

3566014_KX8uL-S-1.jpg

Keith -

Just called a place in Asheville.

Mr. Cycles.

774 Hendersonville Rd.

Asheville NC 28803

Phone: (800)359-0567

Hours and location:

http://www.mrcycles.com/map_hours.asp

The only thing they have in a 160/60 18 is a Metzler ME880. It runs about 154.88. Don’t know how much they would charge to install it.

Hope this helps!

Someone recommended ACME Cycle for repairs on beemers during the RA Rally in Asheville. The are located on 1506 Charlotte Hwy, south of Asheville.

Here is the link to there shop, found it on ADVrider:

http://acmemotorcycles.com/

No personal experience with the outfit.

Keith,

Best of luck with the tires, worst case I have a pickup and a trailer. I am leaving as soon as I escape from work. See you tomorrow.

Will Knight

I'll be available Saturday to lead a small group of riders on a backroads tour around the Western Carolina mountains.

If interested PM me, for details.

Local Tracks

Will Knight

Asheville, NC

Then I'll get the beer, lawn chairs, and video camera ready thumbsup.gif

"Hey ... hold my beer and watch this!" lmao.gif

Keith,

Best of luck with the tires, worst case I have a pickup and a trailer. I am leaving as soon as I escape from work. See you tomorrow.

Thanks John.....I'll be on the road in less than 15 min. See ya tomorrow wave.gif

I live in Atlanta, and will be coming up on Friday. I have a 18' conti road attack at home ( I change my own tires). I am riding one up, so no problem putting it on my bike and bringing it up. Just call me and let me know. also there is a dealer, either kawy or Yama (I think) in Hendersenville, that carries our size tires (I had them mount one for me a year ago)

PM me with your number and i can call you.

Then I'll get the beer, lawn chairs, and video camera ready thumbsup.gif

"Hey ... hold my beer and watch this!" lmao.gif

Oh Boy... I guess this will end up being a classic moment. Before trying this on my GS I better practice using an RT with a questionable rear tire. Now I wonder who's bike I should use? grin.gif

<obscure>

"Hello, Operator, give me room 321, please, thank you. Hello, Noble Lumpkin? This here is the Illustrious Potentate. I said it's the Illustrious Potentate. The Illustrious--Coy! Dadblame it! This here's Bubba! Coy, why ain't you at the parade? What? Well, how'd you get that big Harley up there in your room? What? I can't hear ya' Coy! Quit revving it up, son! Turn it off!"

"I just hope your mama don't find out about this, Coy! What? Well, how'd you get that big motorcycle up there on the high dive, Coy? Now Coy, dad blame it, that ain't no way to act. We supposed to be pillars of the community. "

</obscure>

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

See ya'll soon...

Archived