IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider
Work is lined up & taken care of.

We'll be there Wed. night. thumbsup.gif

ricky.gif

Awesome Danny! smile.gif

I went after work to make sure the mountains were still there and ready for us. The view at Ceazers Head was as wonderful as ever. We thought it was a bit hazy at first, but I think it actually added to the pics.

281035300_9PM3A-XL.jpg

Great night for a ride. Temps is the mid to high 70's. The RT was in prime form.

281034816_tVnG2-L.jpg

I rode with a buddie from work and his crew. They had been riding together for over 10 years. I think I know how people feel now when they ask to ride with Mitch and I. crazy.gif I was definitely odd man out, but I still had fun. thumbsup.gif

281035067_dDq7T-L.jpg

Now... on to a great long weekend in Maggie Valley!

Shawn

At one of the El Paseos on going-home Sunday TomK and Vita Rara rode northwest out of Asheville and got stuck in a foot of snow. I rode out northeast and had a great ride.

Paul,

That's only because you cheated and looked at the weather map before you left!

We'll miss you next week, rain, shine or snow.

Tom

My new Olympia Phantom arrived today. Just in time for the trip. I'm taking a ride on Sunday and I'm hoping for rain.

My first time there it rained a bit. It was a little odd pulling away from the hotel with everyone else watching Matt, John and I pull out into the rain and fog. We did get to ride the dragon all by ourselves though grin.gif

I'll be there Wednesday night!

5 days, 7 hours, 45 minutes clap.gif

The first El Paseo, no one cared about the weather.

It snowed and folks rode through slush from all over. (Oklahoma-Florida-Michigan-New England)

I think Mitch froze to death, twice.

We've ridden through rain, snow, and wind, coming or going.

The real troopers were the folks returning north who encountered awful snow, ice, unrideable, roads.

For some reason, most of them showed up, again.

And, again.

And, again.

And, again,

And, again, again, again, again, again, and again.

At EP VIII or IX, the weather was forecasted to be rainy. Many bailed, some came and left early.

It rained at night.

It was beautiful.

I hope the BRR has some of the same mojo going for it.

Only one way to find out...

I know there will be some wonderful people there.

That's enough for us.

Tim,

Didn't mean to make it sound like I wouldn't be there if it were raining ... I'm comin' come he!! or high water wink.gif

(And yeah, I was one of the folks that bailed out early at last year's EP ... but in all fairness, my brother had a schedule to keep and couldn't risk not making his flight back to the west coast ... if it had been me, I'd have stuck around!)

See you SOON!!! clap.gifclap.gif

I figure if rains too much to make riding any fun, we'll be awfully glad there's a bar and food on site at the hotel, and that there's a good bit of stuff to do in Maggie Valley if you aren't riding.

I think the chance of crappy weather may keep the bling crowd from the other rally in the bars and off the roads too so that can't be all bad.

I think the chance of crappy weather may keep the bling crowd from the other rally in the bars and off the roads too so that can't be all bad.

There you go stirin' up trouble again. grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider

Have you seen what's in his garage? He speaks from experience. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Its all good. I didn't buy waterproof gear so I could hang it the closet to collect dust thumbsup.gif

I also just got my shipment of Raincoat and Fogtech last night, so I wouldn't mind giving it a try. On the other hand, I wouldn't be upset if didn't rain for the next 3-4 weeks grin.gif

Have you seen what's in his garage? He speaks from experience. grin.gifthumbsup.gif

And since there's 3 rails on the trailer I may bring it up too... thumbsup.gif

And since there's 3 rails on the trailer I may bring it up too... thumbsup.gif

Trouble maker smirk.gif

Well after all the snow we had up here I won't mind a little rain!

As Keith says I bought water proof gear for a reason!

Now if someone just made a good set of snow tires for the RT I would be all set!

Now I just have to pick a good route and I will be ready to go! Not sure how far I will get on Wed, I guess it will depend on weather I slab it for the first part of the trip or pick a more interesting route. I was going to pack the tent, but a motel will make it much easier and leave more packing room!

Will see you all there!

Andy

I hate to say it but I'm out. I hate to miss my first El Paseo/BRR. I was laid off in February and lost my health insurance. Even though interviews are promising, I dont think I better risk it with three young ones depending on me. I think I will go to the Volkswagen TDI get together in Asheville instead. Less exciting but a safer play with my current situation. I may ride over and join you all for dinner on Saturday. thumbsup.gif

Ride safe and I will rejoin you all on the bike in the Fall when I am gainfully employed and insured.

Andy

Lone_RT_rider
I hate to say it but I'm out. I hate to miss my first El Paseo/BRR. I was laid off in February and lost my health insurance. Even though interviews are promising, I dont think I better risk it with three young ones depending on me......*snip*..... I may ride over and join you all for dinner on Saturday. thumbsup.gif

I am sorry to hear about the layoff Andy. frown.gif I understand completely why you might be concerned about being on a bike during this time. I hope things work out for you soon and hopefully we will see you on Saturday night for dinner. thumbsup.gif

Shawn

I hope they have ice in Maggie Valley tongue.gif

I'd say you could stick your foot in the cooler, but you better keep those swollen toes away from the beers grin.gif

My wife, who just happens to have a cast on her right foot (broken foot), said "at least it isn't your shifting foot". I hope they have ice in Maggie Valley tongue.gif

Good Woman!! grin.gif

Tom,

Make sure you Ice it and Elevate it as much as possible and "Buddy Tape" it to the next toe (4th to 3rd). It's mostly walking that will aggravate it so ride on... thumbsup.gif

Dangacus Andycus, that's not good news.

Best wishes for a speedy return to the grind.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

lawnchairboy

holy cow man, I just may be there. Anybody got 1/2 a room for Fri/Sat nights? (or maybe some floor space...)... haven't tried to book yet, I'll give it a shot in the morning I guess...

chris

Lone_RT_rider
holy cow man, I just may be there. Anybody got 1/2 a room for Fri/Sat nights? (or maybe some floor space...)... haven't tried to book yet, I'll give it a shot in the morning I guess...

chris

Hey there Chris! I hope this can actually happen for you. It just so happens that this is the last day to get the money in for the Saturday night dinner on the 26th.

Once again for the rest of you...

Today is the last day for getting the Saturday night dinner payment in.

That is all... smile.gif

Shawn

motorman587
got some pm'S OUT... we'll see.

chris

Chris,

I got room the wifey is not coming, and I think I will be lone rider. So you are more than welcome to share. I fogot if I got a double beds or not, but you can have the floor or a roll-a-way or whatever. thumbsup.gif

chris

Chris,

I got room the wifey is not coming, and I think I will be lone rider. So you are more than welcome to share. I fogot if I got a double beds or not, but you can have the floor or a roll-a-way or whatever. thumbsup.gif

What happens in Maggie Valley, stays in Maggie Valley wink.giflmao.gif

You sure gotta purty chicken Keith...

Bow chicka bow bow! lmao.giflmao.gif

Well, OoPEZoO ... that's the first lie of BRR 1! grin.gif You know anything that happens there will get at least one thread goin'!

You sure gotta purty chicken Keith...

Bow chicka bow bow! lmao.giflmao.gif

But you should hear the god awful noise it makes when you squeeze it eek.gif

motorman587

chris

Chris,

Just trying to help a brother out............... If he don't tell, I sure ain't...... lmao.giflmao.gif

Reminds me of a video clip I saw once of Billy Connolly that involved the north sea, a boiled potato, and a donkey.

Ask ltljohn Keith, he'll tell you the story.

lawnchairboy

thanks motorman, I'll take you up on that...

Don't worry, I'm active duty Navy, we don't ask OR tell grin.gif

see you Friday evening. I'll hunt you down.

THANKS clap.gif

Look for the LT with Florida tags, and the Alaskan Bee Hive in the saddle bags. tongue.gif

I'm hoping John will bring his radar gun so we can liven up the parking lot V-1 brigade. cool.gif

Reminds me of a video clip I saw once of Billy Connolly that involved the north sea, a boiled potato, and a donkey.

Ask ltljohn Keith, he'll tell you the story.

A boiled potato, tequila, a band, gummy worms and a rest area at 5 am. Do you really want to know?????

Look for the LT with Florida tags, and the Alaskan Bee Hive in the saddle bags. tongue.gif

I'm hoping John will bring his radar gun so we can liven up the parking lot V-1 brigade. cool.gif

Yes, have him bring it. Instead of drinking contests, we can have braking contests.

You know, party games BMW style. lmao.giflmao.gif

Don't worry, I'm active duty Navy, we don't ask OR tell

Oh boy, John's gota new squeeze! lmao.gif

Be careful big guy, I understand from a reliable source that he don't snuggle!

Not saying I made the weather forcast better but today, following the lead of others in this thread, I bought new rain gear. Before I left, the weather forecast for BRR looked like crap. When I came home, the weather forecast was much improved!

Everyone ... quick ... go buy new rain gear! Seems to be the dance that's working!

On the other hand.....I might have screwed us all. I actually WASHED my bike yesterday eek.gif (it only gets one about every 8-10k miles). I was contemplating putting a nice coat of wax on it today, but that might be tempting fate a little too much.

The big downer was thinking that I did a nice job only to find, after it dried, that I think I only scrubbed about 1/2 the bugs off of it. frown.gif

You only got 1/2 the bugs, maybe we're only 1/2 screwed?

I started packing this morning. Do I have a problem?

I hope not......I started last night grin.gif

Whew, I started packing stuff too.

Just went and scuffed in the new shoes on the RT too.

Sickness?

Addiction?

Excitement?

Who really cares?

I too have been doing my part as a local to verify that the mountains are, in fact, still out there. I was checking out the west side this morning in the Highlands region around 28.

Bad news though, I pulled off at a nice overlook onto what I thought was dry ground, but it was a thin layer of dry ground covering a mud hole. blush.gif I didn't drop the bike or anything, but it sank to the rotors in mud. I managed to get it out, but here is the bad news...it is covered in mud and I'm afraid I'll have to wash it thereby guaranteeing rain. tongue.gif

I suppose I could leave the mud on it...now where are those GS routes again... lmao.gif

David

For God sakes ... don't wash your bike! Just park it on the driveway and clean the driveway if you have to. If some water and suds touch the bike whilst you're cleaning the driveway ... it's just collateral washing and that won't jinx us.

Archived