IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

I already have reistration for Friday and Saturday, and I would not risk riding at night. I think I will ride up with Beth and Tim that Thursday.

No need to apologize Danny, we still accept you for what you are.

Of course you know that means that you're going to have to actually show up to show off!! lmao.gif

Did you mean j arthur's?

Another smarmy detail.

I didn't even know they had a website.

Lone_RT_rider

For those that are just getting email updated from this thread, we have a food poll going on in a separate thread in this forum. This deals with Saturdays group dinner, or the possibility thereof. If you could, please take a second to head to that thread and cast your vote. thumbsup.gif

Shawn

I already have reistration for Friday and Saturday, and I would not risk riding at night. I think I will ride up with Beth and Tim that Thursday.

Well if I'm able to go on Thursday, I probably will split a room with ya if it's OK. If I'm at the other location and can't leave until Friday, guess I'll have to sit this one out.

Well if I'm able to go on Thursday, I probably will split a room with ya if it's OK. If I'm at the other location and can't leave until Friday, guess I'll have to sit this one out.

That would be great.

Oh no no no no; I am getting a large bottle of tequila! Maybe you will repeat my last lame story regarding tequila. You had better be there! You have challenged me my friend, and Matt has no more surgeries scheduled!

Don't dissapoint ifin you know how lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Oh no no no no; I am getting a large bottle of tequila! Maybe you will repeat my last lame story regarding tequila. You had better be there! You have challenged me my friend, and Matt has no more surgeries scheduled!

Hey, Pete, what are you getting me involved in.???????????? eek.gif

Hey, Pete, what are you getting me involved in.???????????? eek.gif

My friend, I believe we've got hold of something that we may not be able to control!

As to my dilemma as to being able to attend this fine congregation of my esteemed compatriots (for OSU grads read that Friends), I have a 90% chance of attending. I have it worked out that a buddy will pick me up and we'll trailer up our motors (don't say it)on Friday night with an arrival time suitable for libation recreation and the slaughter of innocent brain cells! thumbsup.gif

Excellent news Pete, we'll leave the light on for you. clap.gifclap.gifwave.gifwave.gif

Oh yeah, and regarding that one... Control is an illusion my friend. lmao.giflmao.gif

Nice plannin', guys. lmao.gif

So, it looks like there will be many more motorcycles on the road that weekend. The good news is that the loud pipes crowd will keep the local constabulary occupied, which should allow us enough cover to get where we're going without issue.

It does make a strong case for dinner at the hotel though doesn't it? thumbsup.gif

The better news is that where the rally sets up and the majority of the hotels and restaurants are kind of bunched together a couple miles away from us.

surprised the hortel was available. guess it's a camping gig.

that's cool we got the cops with us from tally and all the guys that "carry"...we'll be ok as long as marty doesn't run off with one of the wenches ala "The Wild Hogs". lmao.gif

This sounds like a perfect time to encourage those on the fence about going to get their reservations now so that we can ensure the hotel is full of just BMWST members!

Reserve early, reserve often! thumbsup.gif

I'm quite pleased at this new development. cool.gif I'm sincerely hoping to find a newbie Harley rider that I can manage to pass so I can brag to all my friends how I spanked a Harley in the twisties. ooo.gif

If you look at it, it is the best of both worlds; safe, speed limit respecting, law-abiding, responsible motorcycling (BMWs) along with nubile young women showing off what they've got to the world. (Harleys) blush.gif

Now that I've managed to offend most of the motorcycling population, I should mention this entire post is in jest...particularly the part about BMW riders respecting the speed limits. dopeslap.gif I plan on a good time regardless. ...oh...I plan on keeping my shirt on. lmao.gif

David

Places to avoid.

"

Our Thunder in the Smokys tour ride leaves out at 10 am on Saturday and lasts about an hour and a half. The ride goes into the Great Smoky Mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Waterrock Knob. You will be riding with a group of us that take of to see the mountain overlooks at over 4500 feet above sea level. We hope to see you on the ride this coming rally. If you would like to join us just show up on the Saturday of the show before 10 am to line up. Don't forget to fill up with gas!"

Be there or be square. dopeslap.gif

The newspaper said the promoters hope for 3,000 in attendance (that's spread over 3 days). I drove by the one held in the fall, and I only saw a couple of dozen bikes parked in the Festival grounds (that was late afternoon)...it's mostly a local ride-in type deal. If there is any rain, it will be really a 'Ghost Town in the Valley'. I think the crowd is there for the evening performance, I've never seen that crowd. We can avoid the Soco Gap-Waterrock Knob stretch of the BRP, but if you do hit the BRP during that weekend, you better get ready to be radared till your tooth fillings get warm, as the Rangers will be out-in-force. Last Fall the NC Highway Patrol set up license/sobriety checkpoints as you enter onto US 23/74 in Waynesville. I was stopped while driving my SUV, and was amused...there were no bikes pulled over for tickets, but there were three locals pulled over for no license/expired tags, etc. Like someone else said, the Law will be focused around Maggie Valley.

Lone_RT_rider
It looks like the streets of Maggie Valley could be a little busy in April.

http://www.handlebarcorral.com/Upcoming%20Events.htm

Now where in the heck did I put those temporary tattos! wink.gif

Pat

Oh sure, I stay away from the board for a couple of days and look what happens! smile.gif Well, I guess I will be easy to find with my yellow stich in that sea of leather....

Oh and David (overmyhead).... passing a Harley is not a badge of honor in this group until you have passed Pilgrim. I have never seen Milwaukee Iron move so fast in my LIFE! grin.gif

Shawn

Looks like fun, huh--they have a real bike show too. I attached a pic from last fall's, a pretty green chopper surrounded by friendly cruiser enthusiasts.

988637-13z.jpg.06eaecf5d526f7f9822b9a5d31184df3.jpg

Reservation made.

Now, let's see who the first is to threaten me with bodily harm if I back out.

lurker.gif

backout counter begins in 5...4...3...2...1... lmao.giflmao.gif

Welcome Danny, this is gonna be a great get together!

Reservation made.

Now, let's see who the first is to threaten me with bodily harm if I back out.

lurker.gif

backout counter begins in 5...4...3...2...1... lmao.giflmao.gif

Here is the real count-down clock for the 7 day in advance reservation cancellation policy! Made it just for you Danny. lmao.giflmao.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Just a buncha funnymen, aren't ya? DirtDOG.gif

I'm takin' names.

It will good if you can make it Danny. Try and make it if you can. We know life gets in the way sometimes, but hopefull not this time. thumbsup.gif

If you get this way before then feel free to drop by. There is free room and beer and the Sewer Diver Inn.

Shawn

I think I'm in on this but I need to figure out a time line. I'll have to rid up to North Florida or Ga the first day solo then I'd like to hook up with someone to go the rest of the way. If I get to Tallahassee and stay at The Cabot Lodge I could leave the next morning with the Tallahassee group. Just need to know what night to be in town. John, Pete or Tim.? How many hours is it from there?

Bill,

Time depends on route.

We basically try to completely, or motly, avoid the slab.

Backroads, semi-frquent stops, etc.. and riding 2up we ususally averag @45or so, 450 miles + 10 hours, or less.

We're heading out Thursday late, don't know just when yet.

We usually try to ride up into Ga. about 150-200 miles and then stop.

This allows for a Friday meandering ride to arrive in the mountainsafter check in.

Can get into room, meet up w/riders and start the fiestavivavivities.

Will stay in touch.

If you slab it, 7-8 hours or so from here, w/no traffic situations.

Sounds fine to me Tim, I just want to know when to be in Tal to be able to hook up with someone else for the rest of the ride. I hate riding alone and don't mind riding a little at night. I just was thinking to get a jump on the ride, I'll need to be at least in Tal or Jax to ride up with others the rest of the way....I've never been North of there alone and would really appreciate the company to make the trip more relaxing and spend more time riding with the people I actually talk to about riding!! Just let me know what night I need to be in Tal to be with the "cool" people to leave for Maggie Valley and I'll make it happen. I've been lurking on this board and skipping rides that I should have gone on to keep my serenity for too long. This time, I'm IN! I NEED A vacation and miss the North Carolina mountains!

Reservations have been made for myself and possibly two others who are tentatively joining me for the ride.

I have two adjoining rooms with double beds so there may be a bed left over for any last minute attendees.

My plans are to arrive Wednesday evening late and leave early Sunday. That'll give me three solid days of riding!

Archived