IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn, I am planning on coming down the street. Still need a hand on Fri? My Weber is ready.

Sandy, I just might take you up on that. Nobody else has volunteered to help out at this point and we still need people to help make the Friday night Brats thing happen.

Shawn

Shawn,

Need volunteers?? I guess I can serve on the ground crew for this flight of Spring! See the maplink here...

mapquest

now zoom out about three notches on the map, and you'll see that my mountain home is located about four miles from ground zero in Dellwood!

I can bring a 16 foot flat bed with a Weber gas grill, an air compressor, and an LA Chock, so I could help with cooking and/or rescue any break-downs. I've got lots of tools, but I have not bolted down my Harbor Freight tire changer anywhere in the barn yet...

I can schedule to be there all week. For long range ground crew, the fellow in Asheville that posted the photos of the elk in Cataloochee would be more help, probably, as I still am working full-time in Florida.

The road to see the elk is 'Cove Creek Road' which is north of my place about one mile on the same linked map.

Let me know what I can do to help. thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Moderator's edit: changed the long url into something more reasonable via www.tinyurl.com

Shawn,

I am based in Wilmington NC, have attended the last two "El Paseo" rallies at Dillsboro, and am looking forward to attending the event you and Matt have put together at the Maggie Valley Inn. Hopefully, I can persuade one or two folks from my local BMW club to join me (Bill Murray and Ed O'Neil of the Coastal Carolina BMWMOA accompanied me at the Sept '07 event). With regard to volunteers for Friday night, I do not have any equipment but will be happy to help in whatever general way that I can, e.g., shopping, setting up, serving, cleaning up, etc. Just let me know who the other folks are so that I can become acquainted with the rest of the crew.

Well you enjoy that! I was just logging on to PM you about riding to our farm in Carbon Hill, AL on Saturday. Guess it'll be next time. Give us a ring.

CP

Great DaveC, can't wait to meet you once you get there!

Think we could talk you into bringing some community coffee along!!? thumbsup.gif

I'm just a newbie, but since this is practically in my back yard, I'll be there and looking forward to meeting everyone.

IN!

David

Lone_RT_rider

Hey there David. I am hope you are enjoying that R1100S. I miss the twin spark motor in that thing. smile.gif Call me if you need any help with it. I will be doing some maintenence on my biked today if you want to stop by. It might give you a few pointers for when you get to the point yours needs it. thumbsup.gif

Shawn

Hi Shawn, I know I haven't been around much (!) the last year, but Jerry and I are IN! Just made our reservation. I did want to let you know that they said there would be a $10 processing fee if you cancel 7 days in advance.

Glad you and Matt are doing this, and we are looking forward to it!

Shawn,

How are you coming with organizing the crew for the Friday "Brat Night"? I volunteered on an earlier post, but have not heard back regarding who is coordinating this event. I am happy to be put to work, but do not know how to proceed from this point.

Dick,

I have you on the list for helping out on Friday night.

I'm working with a local brewer to get a few small kegs of his tasty beers for us to enjoy.

We've got the hotel's permission to do this by the pool on the condition that we clean up after ourselves and that there's no glass.

I'll get a complete list and get in touch with everyone who's offered to volunteer.

Dick,

I have you on the list for helping out on Friday night.

I'm working with a local brewer to get a few small kegs of his tasty beers for us to enjoy.

We've got the hotel's permission to do this by the pool on the condition that we clean up after ourselves and that there's no glass.

I'll get a complete list and get in touch with everyone who's offered to volunteer.

Well, if thats the case.......if you need more help, sign me up. I'm always up for manning a grill or tapping beers thumbsup.gif! I've had quite a few years of experience at both grin.gif.........and I promise to hand out more than I eat/drink wink.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Thanks for letting me know, Matt. I will await further word on what, if anything, you need from us volunteers prior to the event.

Hi there Dick, good to hear from you again. My internet access has become incredibly limited at work so if I don't reply in the normal 32.7 seconds please cut me some slack. It looks like Matt has grabbed the Friday event by the ranes and is running with this so definitely co-ordinate everything through him.

When it comes to Saturday nights dinner, Matt and I need to discuss some options. Look to see a poll in this thread (or possibly a seperate thread) by the weekend.

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider

Considering the only other guy in yellow is me, I am going to guess lower right. Good to see your going to make BRR. smile.gif

Shawn

Shawn and Matt,

Thanks for honchoing this event. I am new to the area ..2 years.. and am looking forward to attending the event this year. If there is any help that I can be in the development of routes, I would be glad to help. I am very computer savvy and good with MapSource. I also have amassed a bunch of routes in the NC mountains from friends and your previous events as a database to pull from. So if I can help out with the routes in any way, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks Jim, we'll add you to the list.

What a great use of a first post! Welcome to the fold, lots of good stuff around here.

Thanks Jim, we'll add you to the list.

What a great use of a first post! Welcome to the fold, lots of good stuff around here.

+1.

Hey Jim, as soon as you get the chance, please fill out your bio a bit and write a post introducing yourself. It's a good way for others to get to know you some before the event. Welcome aboard!

BTW: Seriously nice stable! thumbsup.gif

ARRRGH! I'm going to have to back out.

The Music City Marathon is that weekend, and though there's no way in Hades I'll be running a marathon, I did commit to the 1/2 marathon as a fund-raiser. Jenn and I will be walking/running with Gilda's Club, a fantastic organization that supports anyone suffering with cancer, their families and loved ones. LINK (and yes, we're accepting pledges!)

It's a great cause, and Jenn works there, so I'm committed! See y'all at the next one! thumbsup.gif

That's a shame Christopher, but we all know that if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Hope to see you in the fall if we're asked to do a repeat performance!

Hey PRC, if you got the time, I got the tequilla. Maybe those stories will get told, if only you are drunk enough to hear them!

lmao.giflmao.gif

Oh boy, I told ya, there ain't enough liquor to get me "drunk enough." Besides, I had to brave an outright monsoon, had an almost mishap and had to lift a 1200S and you still held out on me! dopeslap.gif Really, these tests were harder then the new American Gladiators!

I can only say that I will try to be there. It all depends on my location if I can make it in enough time to get back when my leave is up! thumbsup.gif But I can promise that I will be there next year (maybe)! lmao.gif

You and Danny can stay at the probably inn together. We will just have to find some time for me to tell you my lame a** stories that you are just dying to hear. I do get out your way on occassion, so I will let you know next time I am there. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Now why would you think your stories are lame??? I just want to get get know people and hear about their lives and this is the grief I get!

Let me know when ya'll in the area, we'll definitely get together, heck, I'll even bring my better half.

After Ceder Key I have come to realize you guys are great bunch of folks, so I have decided to come join the brat party. Only problem is I may have a trial that week. thumbsup.gif

The Music City Marathon is that weekend, and though there's no way in Hades I'll be running a marathon, I did commit to the 1/2 marathon as a fund-raiser. Jenn and I will be walking/running with Gilda's Club, a fantastic organization that supports anyone suffering with cancer, their families and loved ones. LINK (and yes, we're accepting pledges!)

It's a great cause, and Jenn works there, so I'm committed! See y'all at the next one! thumbsup.gif

Christopher ... I'm telling you, a 1/2 marathon is no problem! You'll be finished by lunchtime and can head to Maggie Valley on Saturday afternoon! grin.gif

I want to be there and join you guys for the fun. Heck, I'd even help cook the brats. I have been negotiating with the spouse over this one. But, alas, Cheryl says we have to follow through with our plans to attend our son's wedding in Maui instead. Man, the sacrifices I make sometimes. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif I hope to see all of you later in 2008 thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Christopher ... I'm telling you, a 1/2 marathon is no problem! You'll be finished by lunchtime and can head to Maggie Valley on Saturday afternoon! grin.gif

I would be dead after one of those. why run when you ride???? lmao.gif

So there, just confirmed, will be there Friday night and leaving Sunday. Have room, will ride.

Shawn, need help let me know.

I want to be there and join you guys for the fun. Heck, I'd even help cook the brats. I have been negotiating with the spouse over this one. But, alas, Cheryl says we have to follow through with our plans to attend our son's wedding in Maui instead. Man, the sacrifices I make sometimes. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif I hope to see all of you later in 2008 thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Bring your son, screw Maui. grin.gif

Heck, move the whole wedding. We make great witnesses and don't eat or drink much at all. smirk.giflmao.gif

John,

let's talk, we're heading up Thursday evening, continue Friday, back Sunday. lurker.gif

Crap, are you staying in Maggie Valley Thursday night???????

Some of us are even showing up on Wed night. smile.gif

Shawn

I will call the hotel for another night, once I get up with Tallman. What is for dinner on Thursday night.? tongue.gif

John,

We're working Thursday, leaving late, heading up the road a bit.

Will then continue on up to Maggie Valley on Friday.

I'll call you.

Lone_RT_rider
I will call the hotel for another night, once I get up with Tallman. What is for dinner on Thursday night.? tongue.gif

I don't know what everyone else will be doing since Matt and I have not formally scheduled anything, but my plan is to get at least one meal at the Salty Dog while I am there. Thursday night might be a good night for it. smile.gif

Shawn

John,

We're working Thursday, leaving late, heading up the road a bit.

Will then continue on up to Maggie Valley on Friday.

I'll call you.

Eye- eye Capt. Thursday after work sounds good too. Will be waiting for your call. thumbsup.gif

I don't know what everyone else will be doing since Matt and I have not formally scheduled anything, but my plan is to get at least one meal at the Salty Dog while I am there. Thursday night might be a good night for it. smile.gif

I don't know about the Salty Dog but I'm hoping that Butts on the Creek will be open, they're my favorite BBQ joint in the area, and I'm hoping to get at least one breakfast in at Joey's.

A few guys were talking about riding the Dragon on Thursday, but me, I intend to sample some of Dieter's finest brews and I may go for the skyway or foothills parkway.

Hey John, if I have to stay at the "Havana Inn" until colors on that Friday (1700), would you consider launching from my place at 1800 or so? I known it'd be a long haul in the dark, but it'd be the only way I could make it.

Salty Dog?

Butts on the Creek?

You buncha hicks!

LL & I will be enjoying some fine dinin' at J. Arther's.

Rednecks.

lurker.gif

Salty Dog?

Butts on the Creek?

You buncha hicks!

LL & I will be enjoying some fine dinin' at J. Arther's.

Rednecks.

lurker.gif

No need to apologize Danny, we still accept you for what you are.

Of course you know that means that you're going to have to actually show up to show off!! lmao.gif

Did you mean j arthur's?

Of course you know that means that you're going to have to actually show up to show off!! lmao.gif

Did you mean j arthur's?

Now I understand, there is a coupon on their web site; what else will he do for 15% off? lmao.giflmao.gif

Archived