IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC - April 25-27, 2008

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

Matt and I are proud to present the Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC!!!!

April 25-27, 2008

This is indeed the continuation of the event formally known as “El Paeso”. We had originally thought that we might take this event up and out of the touristy area of the Carolinas but time restrictions and that “we have a life” thing kept getting in the way of finding something acceptable. We had a location, but after a quick scouting trip it was deemed un-acceptable for this crowd. They stated that the mints for the pillows were not imported. There are no mints in Maggie Valley, but we hear the bacon’s good. wink.gif

Lodging:

Maggie Valley Inn.

http://www.maggievalleyhotel.com/area.html

236574895-M.jpg

If you call between 8am and 4pm there is a much better chance that you will be able to speak to someone that knows how to take care of group reservations. Also make sure you tell them you are with BMWSportTouring.com so that there won't be any confusion on the group rate.

Maggie Valley Inn & Conference Center

70 Soco Road (Hwy 19)

Maggie Valley, North Carolina 28751

Toll Free – 866-926-0201

Local – 828-926-0201

Standard Two double beds is $79.30/night plus tax.

One night’s deposit required for a reservation – refundable in full up to 7 days prior to event. Make sure you specify if you will be arriving Wednesday, Thursday or Friday night. You are responsible for making your own reservations.

Meals:

Breakfasts: The Mitch Patrie honorary Complimentary Continental breakfast at the hotel. Remember…complimentary! The weekday breakfast is similar to most Continental breakfast types, but the weekend (Sat, Sun) is supposed to have a hot food table.

The Friday evening cookout: We are looking for volunteers to help with this aspect of the event. Traditionally what occurs is a sale of bratwursts at a reasonable price with all donations going to the BMWST.com general fund. We normally set up grills and do it up right. Let us know if you are willing to help out with this. We would really like to keep this going.

Saturday Group Dinner: We will have 1 group meal Saturday evening. We were thinking of having it at the Maggie Valley Inn in a Buffet style but the costs are a bit steep at this point. Maybe another thread with a poll might give us some insight as to what people would feel is reasonable for cost. Look for plans for this dinner to evolve as we go. We will be doing pay ahead with Pay-Pal for the dinner as was done last year.

Beverages:

There is a lounge in the hotel that will of course have libations available. I may do a homebrew for the event, but after my most recent batches I refuse to promise anything. There is also a possibility of getting some special brew from a place in Sylva called the Heinzelmännchen Brewery.

There are fantastic roads in every direction from Maggie Valley. Matt and I are really looking forward to seeing all of you there!

So let's hear it, who's IN?

Shawn, it looks good, so put me down for a tentative in.

Is this going to be a spring/fall thingy like EP, or just once a year?

IN!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

I've been pouring over maps of that area for the past two weeks (due to a location hint from Matt wink.gif). Lots of squiggley lines around there.......I can't wait grin.gif.

If I can't talk James (jbr7t) into tagging along, I might be needing a room mate.

Is there football on today?? tongue.gif

Well, seems the planets are aligning for 2008 already ... these dates work perfectly!

As of now, I'm IN!! clap.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
Is everyone watching football or something?

Actually, I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean: At the End of the World. I want my three hours back... frown.gif

In. thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider
Is everyone watching football or something?

Christine and I are In!

Thanks guys!!

I think they are still hungover from Monday night. grin.gif

Ron, I don't think either Matt nor myself is ready to promise anything for fall. Let's see how this event comes off first.

Everyone else, thanks for replying. We will keep a running tab and in a month or so start posting a list of people who are in. thumbsup.gif

Oh... And Happy New Year! clap.gif

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
In +1, unless I have to be overseas.

I am personally going to find a way to have all flights going to Asia canceled during that timeframe. lmao.gif Good to have you aboard my friend. thumbsup.gif

Shawn

P.S. How about an avatar with a time period correct scooter on it? grin.gif

Lone_RT_rider
We had a location, but after a quick scouting trip it was deemed un-acceptable for this crowd.

Who was it suitable for? smile.gif

Let's just say ..... It ain't us. grin.gif

Shawn

I am personally going to find a way to have all flights going to Asia canceled during that timeframe. lmao.gif

What? Going to create a SARS Hoax? smirk.gif

We had a location, but after a quick scouting trip it was deemed un-acceptable for this crowd.

Who was it suitable for? smile.gif

Let's just say ..... It ain't us. grin.gif

Shawn

Hard to say who "us" is anymore, and what "suitable" is. smirk.gif

DavidEBSmith

Oh, boy.

That's the same weekend as the Blitz to Branson.

That's the same weekend PBR is in Chicago and Sally wants to go.

I can come up with a 720 mile route between Branson and Maggie Valley that's interesting.

I can't come up with a way of doing all three events.

It's a full bar I believe and from what the hotel folks told me it's open until 10 or 11.

There's a gas station/grocery store next door for beer/wine/munchies that's open till midnight I believe and there's a state store for liquor purchases about 2 miles down the road.

There are also about 5 good restaurants and a couple sports bars within a couple miles of the hotel as well.

But, I haven't really cased the place yet lmao.gif

Sorry kids, just got the last of my toys from Christmas and I've been too busy reading the directions and discussing football...

IN!!! Reservation made. Terri may not be with me as she may not have enough leave due to a new job. Either way, I'll be there Thurs-Sun ... and can't wait!

Thanks to Shawn and Matt for coordinating this event! I'm certain the spirit of El Paseo will live on in Blue Ridge Rendezvous.

Speaking of BRR, I found the following from the hotel website amusing ... (for several reasons).

The Rendezvous Restaurant and Lounge brings fine dining to Maggie Valley.

Same goes for me. If I am able to attend I am sure that Jim and possibly two others will join me.

I will keep you posted.

Sorry kids, just got the last of my toys from Christmas and I've been too busy reading the directions and discussing football...

Bama won.

Gators lost.

Discussion over.

Lone_RT_rider

Bama won.

Gators lost.

Discussion over.

You going to make this event or not? And don't say "Probably Inn" or the next time I see you and your KTM I am going to put a Kubota sticker on it! grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

You going to make this event or not? And don't say "Probably Inn" or the next time I see you and your KTM I am going to put a Kubota sticker on it! grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Bama won.

Gators lost.

Discussion over.

Shawn

lurker.gif

He already sold his big Kubota.

Damn, I knew I was away for a while, but sheesh, I totally missed that one.

Did he replace it?

He already sold his big Kubota.

Damn, I knew I was away for a while, but sheesh, I totally missed that one.

Did he replace it?

Not sure what he's planning. Keeping up with his bikes is like keeping up with Imelda and her shoes.

He's selling the DRZ, too, and looking for a smaller bore KTM smoker.

Keeping up with his bikes is like keeping up with Imelda and her shoes.

Talagang maganda ang manga sapatos niya!

I'm hoping I'm not the only one from up this way that's interested in taking the trip.

For now I'll say I'm in.

Hopefully someone from up this way will be interested now that they'll have someone to ride down with.

I spent a week there this past June. I'm already looking foreword to going back.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "In" just because. tongue.gif

Honestly, though, I feel a pull seeing as where this one is located. I absolutely love the east/southeast-corner area of the Smoky Mountains. Of course, attending this inaugural event has nothing to do with eating and enjoying the passage of time with you yahoos. blush.gifcrazy.gifthumbsup.gif

But, seriously, folks... cool.gif BR², here we come!! clap.gif

RandyShields

Wow, after not posting anything for months, the site still remembered and prepopulated my password. clap.gif Thank goodness for technology. IN!

Jenn and I are in! Can't wait!

I believe I'm in as well (just need to make a reservation)!

Christopher, what day are you two headed over? Any chance of a group ride over?

Yeah!!!

Lone_RT_rider
IN!!! Plus one!

Shawn is Rainy bringing the SV, my wife will be on her's.

Alan

Alan I am sorry to say that we managed to plan the first BRR right smack dab on the weekend before her finals for school. I don't think she is going to make it this time. frown.gif

Archived