IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

lawnchairboy
On 5/31/2023 at 10:05 AM, MikeB60 said:

Barber is a blast!  I did level 1 there several years ago. Going back next year with my son ( DyAnne is giving us a Christmas present that she doesn't know about yet!).

Barber is a hoot.  Even on the old 600cc green machine supersports

• Plus 1 1
Lone_RT_rider
3 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

always liked that bike, like shawn's old one I believe

It's pretty close.  Mine was a 2004 twin spark. The second best BMW boxer I've ever owned.  The new Shiftcams top it though.  

Shameless old pic of R1100S here....

IMG_7235.JPG

• Like 13

Sunday (Aug 20th), headed out early morning to get to sons house at 8am.

A0A72007-867F-4DCA-A5DD-6155070BC9E6.thumb.jpeg.9e73915d6f678be8a3716d5c9b3f2bee.jpeg

then rode with my son and grandson(Tiger1050) and my SonInLaw(FJR1300ES) to Gilmore Auto Museam.

Son planed and lead a route to there and around there, some interesting roads there (northeast of Kalamazoo).

is a big place, multiple buildings and multiple barns. We were there for about 6 hours (including lunch in a restored diner ) and skipped a couple buildings and quickly walked thru a couple others. 
to give you an idea: is an entire building for Cadillac/lasale , entire building for Ford Model As, an entire building for Franklins (yah, I knew nothing about franklins), an entire building for Lincoln’s,  

And lots of Packards and Dusenburgs and…and…and…..and……

and has motorcycle garage that had a service bay, a room for many misc bikes, and another room just for BMWs.

ride total less than 200 miles.

quite glad and thankfull to be able to do something like this with these guys.

was 92degF and heavy humid when headed out to return home.C1658ED1-26D1-4982-934D-64882B07FAF8.thumb.jpeg.edb86c2944baa3dd39069edac2d86ea2.jpeg8B3270E7-4BF7-44A4-A3E8-31A08374588E.thumb.jpeg.0daa955a11d12bbd16a43e55ab3cae7c.jpegF694EF76-FD2C-48B5-ADC9-5C195A4B1A61.thumb.jpeg.2a4e1634bdbf9c968acb53b0b94b797c.jpeg

• Like 6
Dennis Andress

Low bars were really comfortable, until they weren’t. Looks like from here on out it’s a bagger for me. 

IMG_0244.thumb.jpeg.6c7477e8288122f8c50ac34f3009c4fe.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Smile 2
Brodiepunker18

Went out riding and caught the full moon last night. Was a bit crisp but a beautiful night all around. Had to grab a sweatshirt for under the jacket before I left 😂 

IMG_9990.thumb.jpeg.319d88a325f3c0d664183e0e241c66da.jpeg
IMG_9991.thumb.jpeg.2c2d8b814d014a81661e7ce6b15d382a.jpeg

• Like 4
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

Dennis… is that your new scoot?

600 mile service is tomorrow. I’ve a hundred miles to go and it’s already hot!

IMG_0246.thumb.jpeg.60de3bb7551399f6a97ee3d7c4dc7ebe.jpeg

• Like 5

These 3 bikes met for coffee and a ride this morning at 7 AM in Green Cove Springs, FL. They rode south along the St Johns river, more or less. The bikes turned north after passing through Denver by Lake George. Total ride was 246 miles. Nothing really exciting happening, except the Triumph had a little hissy fit. I don’t think it really wanted to ride that far today. After its owner had a talk with it and cuddled it a little, it came back to life and completed the ride. I think the bike was a little embarrassed by the two older, bossy BMW’s, but it will get used to it. :4323::bike:

IMG_8164.thumb.jpeg.6e38fa8dc3af1dcea2adfb24b67ea26a.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Smile 1
On 8/31/2023 at 7:12 AM, Dennis Andress said:

Low bars were really comfortable, until they weren’t. Looks like from here on out it’s a bagger for me. 

IMG_0244.thumb.jpeg.6c7477e8288122f8c50ac34f3009c4fe.jpeg

I had one for several weeks this past spring. 

what an amazing engine!!!  The pull. The sound. The feel. And superior upper body wind protection. 

ergonomically tho, the rt or gsa are better for my bod. 

I seem to recall it not liking LA traffic. 

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
4 hours ago, longjohn said:

I had one for several weeks this past spring. 

what an amazing engine!!!  The pull. The sound. The feel. And superior upper body wind protection. 

ergonomically tho, the rt or gsa are better for my bod. 

I seem to recall it not liking LA traffic. 

I got the tall seat which made the ergos great for me. It doesn't like traffic at all, even passing is a bit of a chore. 

• Like 1
On 8/29/2023 at 5:42 AM, lawnchairboy said:

I babysat a friend's 2004 Boxer Cup (like I did his 9fiddySM) for about a year. I loved almost everything about that bike. I was just about 4" too tall for it and the windblast over the shield liked to try and unzip my jacket. 

For a couple hours at a time though, it was fantastic. 

• Like 1
On 8/29/2023 at 5:42 AM, lawnchairboy said:

I saw one identical to mine,  riding through Eganville Ontario yesterday afternoon ?

1 hour ago, Matts_12GS said:

I babysat a friend's 2004 Boxer Cup (like I did his 9fiddySM) for about a year. I loved almost everything about that bike. I was just about 4" too tall for it and the windblast over the shield liked to try and unzip my jacket. 

For a couple hours at a time though, it was fantastic. 

Really, unless your buying a sit on/in , type cruiser, all the other styles of bikes a made for people 5’ tall :4323:

With the pucks raising the bars above the tree, and the lowering kit for the pegs , at 6’3” I find reasonably comfortable.

This was my first “tour/trip” on it, 930 miles and I don’t feel too bad…

Don

4 minutes ago, DeadEye said:

at 6’3” I find reasonably comfortable.

This was my first “tour/trip” on it, 930 miles and I don’t feel too bad…

I'm 6'4" with a 34' inseam. It was okay for a while, but I was not all that as a rider at the time so I didn't really get how to adjust on the bike, nor was i in shape to ride it. 

I've always been more a standard/naked bike guy... I started on a ZRX1100, had a ZX11-D and then a handful of RTs and 2 GS. I would like an S bike now that I know some more just to see what the differences are in them. 

1 hour ago, Matts_12GS said:

I'm 6'4" with a 34' inseam. It was okay for a while, but I was not all that as a rider at the time so I didn't really get how to adjust on the bike, nor was i in shape to ride it. 

I've always been more a standard/naked bike guy... I started on a ZRX1100, had a ZX11-D and then a handful of RTs and 2 GS. I would like an S bike now that I know some more just to see what the differences are in them. 

You probably wouldn’t have made too many changes to a bike that wasn’t yours either.

Mine might fit you a little better  - but your legs would still be a bit pretzel like ;(

Don

No pics but my buddy and I rode to

the Springfield Mile last Friday. The racing was phenomenal. The ride home Monday was brutal. 100°, 87% humidity and not a cloud in the sky. 450 miles of the toughest ride to date. This getting old shit is already getting old. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

No pics but my buddy and I rode to

the Springfield Mile last Friday. The racing was phenomenal. The ride home Monday was brutal. 100°, 87% humidity and not a cloud in the sky. 450 miles of the toughest ride to date. This getting old shit is already getting old. 

The racing was great! And it was hot!! I agree, it was a tough ride home, but so worth it.

• Plus 1 1
8 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

The racing was great! And it was hot!! I agree, it was a tough ride home, but so worth it.

I’ll never not go but the May races were so much more tolerable. Of course it rained out too many times to continue. 

• Like 1

Wednesday I rode to a nearby golf course, well, to a subdivision street along the golf course. Found a place to park bike that wasn’t in someone’s yard, and walked a few steps to a cart path where standing right by the green, could see the 300yard approach to the green , and then watch the putting, and then I could walk a short way to see the drives off the next tee. Then come back for the next threesome.

This is a golf course that was revamped a couple years ago, I will not try describe too much about this course, but will say “Jack Nicholas” and reservation for a foursome is $200 and  then $185 each player to play a round. (American Dunes).

was the final round of three day NCAA tournament covered by the golf channel. I have little interest/experience in golf, but was interesting to see these guys playing 500+ yard holes with trees around the green.

75551296-F13F-432F-A5B0-C2A0DE4CD1D0.thumb.jpeg.506383d8352e5a126d50d8e7b3236368.jpeg

Michigan State was in the lead, but I didn’t see them, they had already been thru. I saw Army,  Navy & FloridaA&M.

Nobody said anything about bike parked there off side of road.

PS: if some of my lingo makes it sound like I DO have experience/interest in golf, I will say that comes from my experience with Disc Golf.

Edited by Redman
Add PS comment
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, DBULL said:

Sometimes if you lift the hose up, a little drains out?   

Good idea but someone already took the hoses! 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

When your kid calls Thursday night and says 'Dad, taking off work tomorrow, let's ride'  You obey.  Little more than 400 miles over to Mississippi for this pic in front of lock and dam #8, unfortunately there was no traffic going through.  Quick ride on C, 39, through New Glarus and few other favorites.  It was a perfect way to end the week. 

IMG_7454.jpg

• Like 7

Another trip out to Hanna to visit my Mom yesterday. Stopped at the bottom of the Morrin Coulee by the Red Deer river for a quick break to "check for dry spots in the ditch". Turned back and saw this amazing view so had to grab my phone for a pic.

PXL_20230908_171707698.thumb.jpg.94a9eac1df81c78802aa0da8b8c890e2.jpg

• Like 7
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, longjohn said:

Looks hot. 

Summer is winding down and mornings are getting pleasant. That was taken around 8:30 am, temps were likely in the low 80's.   

6 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

That was taken around 8:30 am, temps were likely in the low 80's.   

I’m assuming the cooler temps made it easier to smoke the tire off that GA? :revit: :classic_biggrin:

Nice weekend ride to northern Wisconsin with a friend. Temps in low 60s dictated need for bar and seat heat at times. A good smoked salmon and venison bacon club sammich for lunch Saturday after riding lake country twisties.

I'm a nerd for old cop cars so had to make a u-turn to inspect these two gems, '67 and '71(?) spotted roadside on Friday. Appear very much authentic, sitting about 150 miles NW of where they originally served.

IMG_20230908_142334047_HDR.thumb.jpg.3cccbb44b8da8e7a8f1865ffca99d7e2.jpgIMG_20230908_142554933_HDR.thumb.jpg.aedd48cdb37163ab6cea06fb6690c9b3.jpg

A story about the '67: high school best friend, he's book smart as a whip but not too much common sense. His old man had one in ugly teal blue, cop trim. Which apparently was license for friend to borrow it and drive it like an idiot. Picks me up, and speeds down a hilly two lane bordered by three foot ditches and 100 year old oaks, calling out max speed..."90...100...110”. Nobody wore seat belts in 1983, so good he maintained control over those rises else we'd certainly be dead.

Never had the K bike over mid 80s. Ima chicken...

IMG_20230910_145656809_HDR.thumb.jpg.538cfcc482a6c7b6f5962a89b0539c53.jpg

• Like 6
10 hours ago, syntorz said:

Never had the K bike over mid 80s. Ima chicken...

Geesh, even the GSA has been in the upper 120's on occasion:classic_biggrin:.

• Smile 1