IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

I’d like that, but have house guests coming.  

Hope you have a great UN!

My ETA is 4:30 am. Coffee on?

4 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

Beartooth Pass was WINDY & chilly.

And Yellowstone Lake from the front porch of Lake Village Lodge.

image000000.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg

Awesome pictures John! :clap: Who’s your Spyder friend, anybody from the board? Telling ya, we almost have the numbers for a dedicated Spyder sub forum. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Awesome pictures John! :clap: Who’s your Spyder friend, anybody from the board? Telling ya, we almost have the numbers for a dedicated Spyder sub forum. :classic_biggrin:

Kevin’s from Springfield & an old friend/work associate.  But he’s not on the forum.

Here’s a pic from today…

IMG_7511.jpeg

• Like 10

Chilly and breezy on the North Shore of Superior today. I stopped at a wayside to put on rain gear. Looking to the South, so that's Wisconsin on the other side.

image.thumb.jpeg.394060536a71b74ff81d38f81337029e.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
Brodiepunker18

Took my son (he’s 6) on his first ride EVER today! 😁

he loved it! he’s a natural rider. Loose holding on, leaning just slightly with the turns…eventually just sat back against the trunk. 

IMG_8292.thumb.jpeg.775ffd1b446c0b11f9335df0a2b0667d.jpeg

• Like 15

I’ve been watching this old barn gradually self destruct for 6 years or so. I think it’s days are numbered46F534F9-7466-49E9-84DB-6BEBDF5532CF.thumb.jpeg.20c9d9688a12e5f0f2d31dbbe5feb1bb.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
2 hours ago, Rockosmith said:

I’ve been watching this old barn gradually self destruct for 6 years or so. I think it’s days are numbered46F534F9-7466-49E9-84DB-6BEBDF5532CF.thumb.jpeg.20c9d9688a12e5f0f2d31dbbe5feb1bb.jpeg

It definately could use a coat of paint...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haven’t had RT out for couple weeks for various reasons (been using GK for more local rides), but did take RT this morning. Just misc riding around, breakfast with my brother, and rode around seeing what was to see.

had heavy rain recently after weeks of not much, so dirt out on the road and puddles in places was something different.

CFB8D9D4-D63C-409D-8EC1-1A31D2320A92.jpeg

Edited by Redman
Blabber some more
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Saw at Muskegon Bike Time Friday evening.

this, my bike and maybe 4 more were only ones of 10 thousand that were not loud v-twins.

9E382EE4-6F64-4BB6-985B-A911CB002587.jpeg

• Like 4

Finally got out on the bike for a short ride.   All the green is gone but it's still beautiful.   Taken on Hicks Valley Road.   One shot shows a small grammar school, still in use.  Lucky kids. 

image.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpg

• Like 14

It’s still raining in and around Sturgis but that’s what weather gear is for, right?

AD

IMG_4859.jpeg

Edited by ADulay
Added detail
  • Like 10

More room on the roads for the non-fair weather riders.  Oh yeah, and less crowded lunch stops.   :yes:

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Bernie said:

Found a new Starbucks, I figured I better test it. image.thumb.jpg.d00c7375934d4fd868b74d15df47c134.jpg

For a quick second there Bernie, I thought you bought a GS! :yes: :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Thinking 1
21 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

HA!  Another "double cup" guy!!  :18:

Not my idea, I think it’s a waste of product, if they have a sleeve. 

25 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Not my idea, I think it’s a waste of product, if they have a sleeve. 

I hate the sleeves that never ever fit so always ask for a double cup INSTEAD of the sleeve. 

• Like 1

Did a 320 mile ride yesterday and tried to keep cool up in the mountains.  Ended up doing about 60 miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway and lunch at The Bluffs.  I posted this over on the FART thread but wanted to share it here as well.  The Buffs is right on the Parkway and in the NC/VA mountain area close to Sparta. 

Anyone looking for a lunch stop / ride destination  .... The Bluffs Restaurant and Gift Shop would really appreciate the business! 
I am sharing the attached about The Bluffs Restaurant and Gift Shop on the Blue Ridge Parkway as they are really having a tough year. The BRP Closure has greatly impacted their business for the 2023 season and they greatly need your help! If you ride on 2-wheels or 4-wheels I strongly encourage you to stop in at The Bluffs at Doughton Park and have lunch (breakfast on Sat and Sun) or grab a gift.

They are located at Mile Marker 240 on the Blue Ridge and you need to approach from the south. Easiest way if off of Route 18 at mile marker 248 and then head north for 8 miles.
The bluffs is truly an iconic historic stop long the Parkway and one of the very few dining option actually ON the Blue Ridge Parkway! They are having a really tough year and after the long restoration and reopening in 2021 it would be a true shame to lose this iconic stop on Americas favorite road!
Note as a result of the business impact the BRP closure has had they have new reduced hours of operation ....
Mon and Tue ....... closed
Wed and Thur ..... noon to 4 PM
Friday ......... noon to 7PM

IMG_9956.thumb.JPG.bb4b47151996bf2bca0a3bc851e53f11.JPGIMG_9953.thumb.jpg.8694f1dfb72974123d7ff804d22ef7d2.jpg

• Like 6
On 10/9/2021 at 3:59 PM, LBump said:

IMHO one of best moto roads in the country. Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to Fortuna. Not today but just last week.

The  sign use to be posted closer to Red Bluff and said 140 miles.  The hwy. department decided to put it further West because it was stolen so many times.

Hwy 36 9-2021  TBump Photo.jpeg

I think their response is too much "bureaucrat" and not enough "entrepreneur". 

A clever guy would add a sign below the second one with contact information for having a copy of the pair sent to your house for a reasonable fee. Heck, I would buy a set for my garage. 

About three weeks ago we decided to head to CO for a couple weeks, and while checking forums, stumbled upon a rider selling all his gear after an accident left him not riding for a while.  Tires and Shoei Helmet, BOTH my size for head and bike.  So, early this morning, I left Steamboat springs and meandered to Golden to retrieve my prizes.   The seller was surprised when he realized they were going in and ON the bike.  Little duct tape, rope, and towel padding the helmet in the side case and I rode through Clear Creek Canyon, up and over Berthoud pass, through Granby, and up to Walden before returning to Steamboat.  Thrilled for the first ride of the week-about 320 miles, but coming from WI, hills and curves made for a perfect day.  And my RT hauled its load happily.  

IMG_7329.jpg

• Like 11
8 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

I'm liking the B&W pics.....

Yeah, it’s really amazing how a modern camera can bring you back to the B&W past. I guess I understand why Henry Ford only offered Black on his automobiles. :)

One more from yesterday  yesteryear. 

image.thumb.jpeg.01b89cb512d8015524f9cebd2061e5c8.jpeg

• Like 2

My bad??  :facepalm:

We treat BMW riders better becasue they're better people.   :classic_biggrin:

I cannot confirm that I have ever encountered a Safety Briefing from local individuals worried about my well-being on that motorcycle.   :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Smile 2

Hey Richard...where can I get one of those "free pass" Marine thingy's?  I tried the "my bad" things, but it didn't work.......:whistle:

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

Hey Richard...where can I get one of those "free pass" Marine thingy's?  I tried the "my bad" things, but it didn't work.......:whistle:

MCRD Parris Island or San Diego,........after you raise your right hand;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I rode to work this morning,.......testing the newly installed bike cam.

That is how it's done........:thumbsup:

Remember, you can only talk yourself IN to a ticket.

• Smile 1

I may have talked myself out of a ticket after he asked if I knew why he pulled me over and I said "You had to, I was being an idiot!"

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

That is how it's done........:thumbsup:

Remember, you can only talk yourself IN to a ticket.

Ain't that the truth!   I have only ever been stopped once on the bike and got a very polite "just slow it down, have a nice day" !  And that was in a small town where you'd think they would be less cordial.  I also believe that riding a BMW with full gear, etc. helps our cause. 

6 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

I also believe that riding a BMW with full gear, etc. helps our cause. 

I only had jacket and helmet.  I don't go full gear as much anymore.

On our way home from START this past April I was heading through Franklin NC on Saturday looking for a Breakfast stop and not paying attention to speed limit and did not see limit went down to 25 MPH.  I was probably at 35 MPH or a bit more when I looked up to see a young lady in a Sheriff Cruise sitting on the side of the road perpendicular to the road shooting radar.  She looked right at me and smiled and gave me the "slow down" signal with her hand.  I gave her a big thumbs up! 

I find the police officers are usually very motorcycle friendly and the most friendly I've seen is in WV.  Heck they always wave to me before I get a chance to wave to them. 

• Like 2

One other time I got stopped for speeding, since I passed two dozen cars, and him, on the freeway, again asked if I knew why I was stopped.

My response: "I do. Pretty much everybody driving past us right now knows why I was stopped!"

I got the state trooper to laugh (not easy), he let me go.

• Like 1