IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

Out and about yesterday for the Hair of the Dog snowmobile show and ride.

This Blizzard is thought to be 1 of 4 known in existence.

IMG_20230101_115304181_HDR.thumb.jpg.b867072e6d185e89857111eae5a47cd8.jpg

The Moto Ski not exactly stock motor anymore

IMG_20230101_115432730_HDR.thumb.jpg.af91e5883df37cf792b20757bd98dd82.jpg

• Like 2

I broke a lot of snow machines in my youth, but the snow riding phase of my life has passed. It's cold and a lot of work. Neither are my favorites anymore.

• Plus 1 1

A couple more from a previous show. What you don't see is under the seat of the black machine was a full load of Hamm's beer, which is the proper riding supply.

IMG_20220205_114745307.thumb.jpg.8009c488086c0ff6ca912ae648384b71.jpgIMG_20220205_114400157.thumb.jpg.d06a852dac940d666d75cabc57b9a8cc.jpgIMG_20220205_113838792.thumb.jpg.9354b94d4af522e0ca295c32c8c5d536.jpg

• Like 2

One of them anyway, the other maybe parked next to him to make a point? The Jeep could have parked even closer to the driver's door...

At least they're only taking up two spots!

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

AA1C3A0C-FCC4-4384-844E-2B635BED617D.jpeg

I thought the driver of the Cherokee had actually video'd this while in the restaurant, but could not find it.

You should try to maintain altitude in a helo with empty tanks.  News flash....motorbikes and cars typically can't maintain freeway speed if tank is empty.  Pulitzer material.

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Proper!

Rover's design was based on Jeep and the first rover was a jeep frame and jeep axles.

Can't say there's any improvement other than a luxury factor.

For me, If'n I was going back to actually play off road, it'd be toyota or jeep.......slightly modified for the terrain:grin:

29 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Rover's design was based on Jeep and the first rover was a jeep frame and jeep axles.

Can't say there's any improvement other than a luxury factor.

For me, If'n I was going back to actually play off road, it'd be toyota or jeep.......slightly modified for the terrain:grin:

Well sure, who wants to crush a rocker panel on a $100,000 Range Rover? They go for pretty as well as some off road capability.

Jeep, not so much on the pretty...

4 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Having ridden in a Range Rover, so much better on the road than the Jeep. Not even close.

Comfort is subjective.  I've driving several 1000mile journey's in my lifted Jeep, top off and 'twas perfectly comfortable

4 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Well sure, who wants to crush a rocker panel on a $100,000 Range Rover? They go for pretty as well as some off road capability.

Jeep, not so much on the pretty...

Rocker guards bruh, rocker guards.  I had 1/4" plate running down the side.  Hi-lift jack in the center, both wheels off the deck.

And, have you priced the new Wranglers:14::14:

Also, Wranglers will hold that value long after the Rover is in the scrapheap.

And beauty is in the eye of the beerholder,.....I still think a Wrangler/CJ/M-variant is an awesome looking vehicle,......but I'm function over form type.

Meh, comes with eating crawfish, so eating the poop tube  "with" shrimp is no biggie,......but I'd never, ever, ever, ever eat it alone.

5a4b176437431ef584efb2815e651390_w200.gif

22 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

image.thumb.png.b33c657cfea4cf27b3227066cbf67704.png

So so true! Damn near killed myself hopping out of bed and yelling "let's go, c'mon girl! C'mon!    Ah, dammit. No rush now."

• Like 2

DOLPHIN TRAINER 

An elderly man rear ends a guy driving an expensive sports car. 

Enraged, the guy hops out of his car and confronts the old man.  “Look what you did to my car” he yells.  You’re gonna give me $10,000 right now or I’m gonna beat you to a bloody pulp!” 

“Oh my” says the old man, I don’t have that kind of money.  Let me call my son, he trains dolphins and he’ll know what to do." 

"Dolphins", the other driver huffs, while rolling his eyes.  The old man pulls out his phone, dials his son and just as the son answers, the irate man snatches the phone away from the old man. 

"So, YOU’RE a dolphin trainer, huh?  Well, your old man here just rear ended my car and I need ten grand right now or I’m gonna beat you AND your old man to a bloody pulp". 

"I’ll be there in 10 minutes, says the voice calmly on the other end". 

Exactly ten minutes later a jeep pulls up and a guy hops out and proceeds to pulverize the bully, leaving him in a bloody heap on the side of the road. 

When he’s finished, he walks over to his father and says:  “For the LAST TIME dad... I train SEALS... NAVY SEALS... NOT dolphins”

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 4
John Ranalletta
8 hours ago, roadscholar said:

image.jpeg.a5ece8ae5af7eec4d04006812cacf26e.jpeg

While working in Ft. Payne, AL, I frequented the WH adjacent to the hotel.  Was always amused when entering being asked, "Smoking or non-smoking" given the smoky haze in the room.

17 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

On return trip from Florida, @MikeB60 and DyAnne were kind enough to carve out time to visit over over bbq and @BamaJohn welcomed us to his Talladega Co. forest lair.  Thanks for your friendship.

My pleasure...wish it could have been longer.   Another time....