IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

Before you place the key in, you squirt a bit of that go-go juice in there to ensure proper dynamics are initiated within the starter system.

GM wins key court ruling in ignition switch cases

• Like 1

Oh man,...I gots two ammo cans full of this stuff.  Guy down the road has a couple of five gallon buckets.  My ammo cans didn't have a long enough bolt for a Chebby starter, so I went to the guy down the road, we dumped the first bucket, nada, but second bucket was promising;) and came through with a winner.

• Like 1

A friend inherited an old rolling tool box from a girlfriend's mechanic dad, full of tools. The bottom drawer was filled with all manner of pieces like the picture shown. I can't tell you how many hours we dug thru that thing to solve hundreds of projects.

Every man needs a bucket full of miscellaneous crap like that. There is also always a drawer in everybody's kitchen full of cast offs.

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
On 2/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, Rinkydink said:

Maybe some silly/quirky pics of things you see while you’re out and about.

Out and about?  OK.  Just got back from Japan, and definitely saw some silly/quirky things.  I got to ride a Hello Kitty-themed train:

image.thumb.png.4bfffbd691c4db0d327cd260d48ee831.png

Fully decorated down both sides on the outside, and inside even the headrest covers on the seats were part of it:

image.thumb.png.70e4a7b20e28e5bded7d989c7e4a9e1c.png

This hotel had a sign with a title written in English, like maybe it had something they wanted English speakers to be aware of - but then the rest of the sign was in Japanese:

image.thumb.png.4980944350403fa27c09d6b64716c860.png

Hope it wasn't too important.

Saw these cakes on display at a cafe in Osaka:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ec83bcbac3011b8d9a7e55e9b98b7bf.jpeg

Just wanted some coffee, and even if I had been hungry I probably wouldn't have tried one. Too hard to gaze into its eyes as you chop its little legs off and devour them.

On the escalator at the airport in Nagoya, a warning sign with a sense of humor:

image.thumb.png.5ed3aee5df25d25fede388daa9af976c.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I've seen a variation of this where you can strap him onto the front of your auto/pick up.  always a chuckle.  Don't know what trauma it may be causing the kiddies?

Here, if you deal with scrap wood alot and try to make stuff work with what you have, you may have done this to get three equal size "shelves" outta two pieces, wouldn't this be the way of the apples.  Picture the squares as apples and the yellow line as the blade. 

image.png.137ed55d26b4e47395fced65d5d1d611.png

Oh, and how do you make those two small pieces into the same size shelf as the larger piece,....biscuits mah friend and glue,...and clamps.

Heavy - duty 1 1/4 - hp Biscuit Jointer - 146856, Power Tools at ...

• Like 2

Yes, cutting one third off each apple simultaneously you’d have two 66% apples and two 33% pieces of apple, not counting the core which they probably didn’t consider for these purposes but if you knew that percentage you could extrapolate. The real conundrum is that 94% wouldn’t get it? 

I too considered the stabbing of a contestant  : )