5 hours ago, LBump said:

Classic!  ..."that's not mine..."

Thanks Bill! I needed a good laugh

“these aren’t my shorts” :grin:

• Smile 1
8 hours ago, LBump said:

Classic!  ..."that's not mine..."

and the ever more popular.   "these aren't my pants"

Obligatory:   "yeah, these are my pants, but that stuff (in my pockets) is not mine.  I don't know how that got in there.  My roomate must have worn these pants last."

That is one of the funniest scenes I've watched!

How many beers have you had Steve?

10. Or 6.

"That ain't mine. These aren't my shorts."

Classic 

How about the poor cop as Steve drives off with his car. You know he's just thinking "goddammit."

.....sort of like when you bite into a York Peppermint Pattie Sensation?      Sweeeet!

• Haha 1
roadscholar

In 1968 Porsche won the 24 Hours of Daytona in this car with a 2.2L engine competing against Ford GT40's and Ferrari's with 3 times the displacement. 907's also finished 2nd and 3rd.

68-Porsche-907LH_DV-12-AI-015.jpg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

ATGATT

No clothing to slow him down.  I am surprised that he did not shave all the hair on his body (sort of like how the swimmers do) (?)

John Ranalletta

I've seen many times when stupid people put their kids in the line of fire.  Watch the kid sitting by the rear bumper of the car.

Dang!

What is more amazing is the fact that stupid people post stupid acts online with videos.  Yeah, me thinks I woulda deleted that video so nobody can see it.  

INSURANCE COMPANY:   denied!

HOME OWNER:  but, but....

:facepalm:

• Plus 1 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
23 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

I've seen many times when stupid people put their kids in the line of fire.  Watch the kid sitting by the rear bumper of the car.

Had to look up ARKK to get the joke.

image.png.db536c383a4022e210f73af863204f17.pngimage.png.db536c383a4022e210f73af863204f17.png

Joe Frickin' Friday
On 7/5/2022 at 7:06 AM, roadscholar said:

image.thumb.jpeg.394137bd31241b0550e0733a352b66ba.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_Free

On the morning of September 13, 1948, Free raised the American motorcycle speed record by riding the very first Vincent HRD (it is debated as to whether it was a Black Lightning or Black Shadow), owned by the California sportsman John Edgar and sponsored by Mobil Oil, to a speed of 150.313 mph (241.905 km/h). Special features included the first-ever Vincent use of a rear shock absorber, the first Mk II racing cams, and horizontally mounted racing carburetors. Free adopted a style used by other racers, such as Norman Teleford, of lying flat-prone along the machine's spine, thereby minimizing wind resistance and moving its center of gravity rearward. It is generally believed that this bike was a Black Lightning though, a custom order from the factory and was some 100 pounds lighter and 25 hp (19 kW) more powerful than a stock Black Shadow. In one of his books, Phil Irving (one of the designers) said that there were only about 16 of the model produced.

To protect himself and allow comfort when in such a position, Free had developed special protective clothing. However, when his leathers tore from early runs at 147 mph (237 km/h), he discarded them and made a final attempt without a jacket, pants, gloves, boots, or helmet. Free lay flat on the motorcycle wearing only a bathing suit, a shower cap, and a pair of borrowed sneakers – inspired by his friend Ed Kretz. This resulted not only in the record, but also produced one of the most famous photographs in motorcycling history, the "bathing suit bike." The photo was taken from a speeding car driven parallel to his run on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

roadscholar
10 hours ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Thanks for the research/info, I knew a lot of that but not all, for one thing the reason he was nearly nekkid.

In The World’s Fastest Indian, the Rollie Free character really was a ‘character’, I’m betting he was in real life too : )

This is why social distancing is so important. 

It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

image.png.4e1153c94b28361657209b2a20df9751.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I guess the teacher did not get to grade this assignment before the contractor installed it.   :whistle:

image.jpeg.ab2b6f9cc9eea3370034b70f0c83b613.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I guess the teacher did not get to grade this assignment before the contractor installed it.   :whistle:

image.jpeg.ab2b6f9cc9eea3370034b70f0c83b613.jpeg

I've "heard" people use that extra syllable at the front of that word