IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

On 3/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, roadscholar said:

Flame job.jpeg

A 1971 Pinto was my first car. I drove it for 3 years then sold it to a neighbor. And, miraculously, I'm still here to tell about it.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, RogerC60 said:

A 1971 Pinto was my first car. I drove it for 3 years then sold it to a neighbor. And, miraculously, I'm still here to tell about it.

How about the neighbor?:grin:

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

How about the neighbor?:grin:

He was lucky. The car's rusting floor pan combined with the guy's very large size caused the driver's seat to collapse into the floor, robbing fate of its opportunity to rear-end him.

• Smile 1

Don't knock the Pinto,.....enough time has passed and I can fully admit I owned a beautiful 1979 Pinto with no compression on two cylinders, but it still got me around,......I think I was paying a whopping $73 a month for that thing.

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

A friend in high school had the Pinto wagon. With full wood grain paneling. Yup, chick magnet!

I had to order a York-Tecumseh A/C compressor for mine from the JC Whitney catalog.  Mine was inoperable, so, it's already got the belt pulled, can't harm it in taking it apart.  Got it all apart and the piston was shattered, so save up the $50 to get a new one.  Pliers, adjustable wrench did the job of replacing it.  Get it charged, and it lasted a couple of SW Louisiana months.  Never continued the trouble shooting on the system, musta had a bad leak from the hi skook A/C technician repair job or something, I dunno......but those eight speakers and 1000watts of power put out some loud metal;)  Kraco and Sparcomatic!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

As long as the stereo is worth more than the car, all good!

I dunno, Kraco and Sparkomatic was some cheep stuff, it'd be close

• Smile 1
  • Thinking 1

Bus driver retires with humorous quote for t-shirt.    It seems she has put up with the lil boogers just a wee bit too long.   Not any more

Screenshot2023-04-06182707.jpg.e244418b3fec27f8e913903e9bfed591.jpg

• Haha 2
On 4/6/2023 at 8:54 PM, Hosstage said:

That's a hell of an auction. Good thing I don't have any money. 

Ya, but here's one you'd be more interested in

Didja notice the plate cover on that pinto ;)

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta

During a stretch stop on our ride today, there was a Can Am Spyder.  We were stunned when a little old lady walked up to it and sat on a fender.  Her husband followed. He strode over to us and started a conversation. He’s 82. She’s 80. They’ve taken long trips and enjoy riding.  He’s a retired machine operator at Cummins.  He said his wife is having a triple bypass next Tuesday and their 61 y/o son has ALS.  He wasn’t complaining but just seemed to need to share that info.  Not giving up or in. 

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9825.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Plus 1 1
25 minutes ago, Norm 87 said:

Good for them, you Gotta keep moving.:thumbsup::grin:

Exactery.  Life needs to be lived, not just observed.

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
On 3/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, roadscholar said:

Flame job.jpeg

Traded a '69 Ford Torino, GT351 for a Pinto when 1st child born.  It was rear-ended but didn't explode or burn, thankfully.  Used insurance $ to buy a new Pinto wagon which went up in flames when the fuel line sprung a leak in the engine compartment.  As we drove, a driver in the next lane yelled, "Your car's on fire".  Likely, he saw smoke coming from under the car but we didn't see it, until.... at the next stop light, the hood turned black as everything flammable in the engine compartment burned.

41 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

curtesy

I'm wearing shorts under that hospital gown....that courteous enough for ya???:rofl:

Edit:

(this is why Ducati no longer makes Hospital beds.......too much warranty work:whistle:)

• Haha 4