IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

Joe Frickin' Friday
51 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I think in sports a positive cannabis test after excelling in an event should be rewarded.

Why stop at cannabis?

• Haha 1

I have threatened this for my dog.  I love him dearly but he's 90+ lbs and parks his carcass about 2/3 the length of the couch right under your foot area.  At 70+ years it's tough to exit said couch without disturbing the little darling.   I caution him he's gonna make a great rug some day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Screenshot2023-08-13181923.jpg.54f514c6128fa53695b37ab9677ba58a.jpg

He made it here, so he's got the driving thing figured out - but he needs to work on his parking skills.

• Haha 1

Big Foot is a big deal up here in the Allegheny forest. A small town that if you blink, you miss it, Mareinville P.A. just had a Big foot festival. Thousands of people showed up from all over the country. They say that there have been 2 sightings in the last few years :dontknow:  

D8C97476-D04E-4D55-8893-4E868C2036C7.jpeg

1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

Big Foot is a big deal up here in the Allegheny forest. A small town that if you blink, you miss it, Mareinville P.A. just had a Big foot festival. Thousands of people showed up from all over the country. They say that there have been 2 sightings in the last few years :dontknow:  

D8C97476-D04E-4D55-8893-4E868C2036C7.jpeg

Ours walk their pigs

image.png.8afd4e77d9597e6f3cba6464a210f530.png

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Ours likes to eat at Subway :18:

If you notice, googlemaps blurred the bigfoot I posted,........does google know something

• Thinking 1

Admit it, you all at some point in your riding career wished your bike could shoot rockets off the front of it. I never envisioned wasting them up in the air though. :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot think of a better way to bring more attention to yourself whilst stunting on public roads.   :facepalm:

Me?   I would rather have some sort of EMP device to disable offensive cagers.   :yes:

• Like 1

Welp . . . We all know that when riding Beartooth Highway, Best practices say you should be helmetless and for sure, wear red low-top sneakers.

And when entering Yellowstone, be sure to have Loud Pipes and a stereo turned upto 11.

Yup . .  These yoyo's have it all covered!!:dopeslap:

20230824_110752.thumb.jpg.f1837c553af93089163ec64d25137195.jpg

• Haha 1

And . . .  You meet the nicest people on BMW's (well.... Mostly). Ran into these gents from Alberta. Gotta say that 2013 CAMHEAD looks sweet! Turns out these guys are both board members, and the guy on the Camhead knows @John Ranalletta - in fact, he bought a RT from John! What a small world! The guy might be loosing his marbles though - he had nothing but great things to say about John!

20230824_112045.thumb.jpg.1661345b85595667740911693e06a00d.jpg

20230824_113020.thumb.jpg.5f5bbc4eee83e1cff67902e749390aa1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Smile 1
7 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Welp . . . We all know that when riding Beartooth Highway, Best practices say you should be helmetless and for sure, wear red low-top sneakers.

And when entering Yellowstone, be sure to have Loud Pipes and a stereo turned upto 11.

Yup . .  These yoyo's have it all covered!!:dopeslap:

At least somebody is wearing high=vis yellow.   :dontknow:

John Ranalletta
9 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

And . . .  You meet the nicest people on BMW's (well.... Mostly). Ran into these gents from Alberta. Gotta say that 2013 CAMHEAD looks sweet! Turns out these guys are both board members, and the guy on the Camhead knows @John Ranalletta - in fact, he bought a RT from John! What a small world! The guy might be loosing his marbles though - he had nothing but great things to say about John!

20230824_112045.thumb.jpg.1661345b85595667740911693e06a00d.jpg

20230824_113020.thumb.jpg.5f5bbc4eee83e1cff67902e749390aa1.jpg

Thanks for posting, Dave.  Yes, I sold my first BMW, a '97 RT, to Peter (left).  He lives in Alberta Province.  Peter did a fly 'n ride in April of 2005, stayed with us overnight and rode the RT home via Colorado.  Unfortunately, he rode through a rainstorm there and the HES failed.  I felt badly about that but Peter shrugged it off, got a repair and continued his trip.  Really great guy!  We texted yesterday after Dave sent Peter's picture.  His next adventure is a trip to Alaska with his wife.

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
12 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Screenshot 2023-08-30 195848.jpg

I think of yellowjackets as the paranoid gun nuts of the animal kingdom.  They don’t wait for you to break into your house - if you merely set foot in their yard, they come after you with everything they’ve got.  

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

I think of yellowjackets as the paranoid gun nuts of the animal kingdom.  They don’t wait for you to break into your house - if you merely set foot in their yard, they come after you with everything they’ve got.  

But they will gladly share a root beer with you in your yard:18:

• Haha 2
Joe Frickin' Friday
8 hours ago, Rougarou said:

But they will gladly share a root beer with you in your yard.

Yeah. One, single root beer between the two of you.  It's like having a well-armed, mentally unstable neighbor walk into your yard, point at your beverage and say, "you gonna drink that?".  I'm going inside.

• Smile 2
13 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

you-know-you-696baceb1f.jpg.ca1ad24caa9954ba67252d75b2d309d3.jpg

Or, when the local LEO arrives and threatens to call the bomb squad,......yes, she actually did that to us.

When we lived at our previous house, we'd have massive three plus hour fireworks show.  Every year, LEOs would show up and all but one we were already done.  The one year we weren't quite done, the deputy threatened us with a "bomb squad" call and said "the next firework to go in the air will be a misdemeanor", so's I ask, "how much is a misdemeanor?",......'course, that's back when I's drinkin and I may have been a bit inebriated or something like that.  Stuff that goes boom in the air is a no-no in NC for us common folk.

Joe Frickin' Friday
38 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

When we lived at our previous house, we'd have massive three plus hour fireworks show.  Every year, LEOs would show up and all but one we were already done.  The one year we weren't quite done, the deputy threatened us with a "bomb squad" call and said "the next firework to go in the air will be a misdemeanor", so's I ask, "how much is a misdemeanor?",......'course, that's back when I's drinkin and I may have been a bit inebriated or something like that.  Stuff that goes boom in the air is a no-no in NC for us common folk.

Can’t imagine what they mighta been worried about.

Many years ago some friends and I were lighting off some fireworks. One guy stood up a small rocket, maybe 2-3 inches tall, and lit the fuse.  I was a good 25 feet away, and when it launched, somehow it went all squirrelly and came right at me.  It hit me on my inner thigh, HARD, just a couple inches from my junk; no explosion, just a bugger of a hit.  

One  of our friends is "legally blind", but I'd have him come up and torch off some mortars anyway.  These be single, double and triple shot mortars.  Anyway, I'd tell him to hold it by the wick and let it slide down the launcher.  Twice, not once, but twice, he somehow put the damn things in upside down and both times, they'd blow up whilst I was trying to light other mortars (we had six launchers lined up), and ya, they kinda do hurt when they blow up inches to feet away  from you.

After lawdog shut us down that one time, we only had five or six "cake boxes" left.  So the next night, we blew them off in my neighbors backyard.  One of the boxes decided to "blow in place", phenomenal explosion.  Glad it wasn't in the circle of the cul-de-sac (our normal launching pad) with all those slightly inebriated folks around.

Our rule was, no bottle rockets/rocket type fireworks 'cause those, you have no idea where they're going.  Least with mortars and cake boxes, you have a general idea of where they're going, straight up.

Our cul de sac street would be lined with chairs, no cars could get through.  At the bottom of the hill were the "non-invites" people that we didn't know that would show up and line the bottom of the hill up with chairs.  A couple of neighbors stated that they were going to go into the towns firework show, but stayed 'cause ours was much better and lasted longer. 

• Smile 1
13 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Our rule was, no bottle rockets/rocket type fireworks 'cause those, you have no idea where they're going.

Like this?

https://archive.jsonline.com/news/crime/50790692.html

Dude launches said "military flare" from his tiny backyard in that densely packed neighborhood only to have it land on roof of nearby 100 year old tinderbox meat packing plant. 

10 hours ago, syntorz said:

Like this?

https://archive.jsonline.com/news/crime/50790692.html

Dude launches said "military flare" from his tiny backyard in that densely packed neighborhood only to have it land on roof of nearby 100 year old tinderbox meat packing plant. 

Ya, but if it was an actual "military flare" and he launched it he did it wrong, those can be aimed.  Bottle rockets go weird ways, 'specially when you hold and throw them.