IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

On my iphone, I don't like to swipe left or right so I organize everything into folders on a single page.  One of the folders is "Don't Use", which has stuff iPhone won't let me delete.

9 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Yep, I was sent to the store to do very similar

Yep...here is $2.00.  Go to the store and get a carton L&M's.  If they don't have it at the little store, you are in 3rd grade now....take your mom's car to the bigger store.  1962 Ford Fairlane 292V8, no air conditioner.    Guess what...the little store as we called it was always out...whether they were or not.  My folks didn't drink, at all, so cigarettes were their only vice that I knew of.  

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
29 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Gonna be a bright, warm Christmas...

breaker.thumb.jpg.a9970daee187af316f250ffa9bd46ae8.jpg

Not knowing much some years ago, I had a breaker that kept popping.  This circuit was for my garage.  It also went to the basement(really walk out crawlspace) and outside plugs.  On this circuit, I had a deep freezer, refrigerator/freezer, Pepsi machine (old time with door for cans) and air conditioner, along with all sorts of other stuff (garage TV and stereo, tools, air compressor).  So, I changed the 20 amp and put a 30 amp breaker in,.....problem solved.  A few years of running this way,....yes, years, I had the A/C in the garage running and went to plug something else into that outlet, it was then I noticed that the outlet was fairly hot to the touch,.......hmmmm, this could be an issue.  So, there, I determined to wire me a garage circuit to alleviate those too many compressors on a single circuit issue (I utilized overkill 10ga for this).  Moral of the story, amp ratings are a suggestion, not a requirement for breakers :18:

6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Not knowing much some years ago, I had a breaker that kept popping.  This circuit was for my garage.  It also went to the basement(really walk out crawlspace) and outside plugs.  On this circuit, I had a deep freezer, refrigerator/freezer, Pepsi machine (old time with door for cans) and air conditioner, along with all sorts of other stuff (garage TV and stereo, tools, air compressor).  So, I changed the 20 amp and put a 30 amp breaker in,.....problem solved.  A few years of running this way,....yes, years, I had the A/C in the garage running and went to plug something else into that outlet, it was then I noticed that the outlet was fairly hot to the touch,.......hmmmm, this could be an issue.  So, there, I determined to wire me a garage circuit to alleviate those too many compressors on a single circuit issue (I utilized overkill 10ga for this).  Moral of the story, amp ratings are a suggestion, not a requirement for breakers :18:

So many of your posts worry me about your personal safety.

• Haha 3
On 12/21/2023 at 5:28 AM, Rougarou said:

Moral of the story, amp ratings are a suggestion, not a requirement for breakers

Pat’s GUD (Geography Un-Desirable) to help you out in your time if need.  

Circuit breakers protect the wires. 
Wires are sized to deliver a maximum amperage within an acceptable voltage drop. 
Theres multiple reasons for the NEC but I won’t bore you with any of them.  

• Like 3
Hosstage
12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

image.png.3b4edff7a9426c4171e19bf5c5114b7c.png

Between those and nunchucks it's amazing we made it out with most of our senses. And teeth. Throw in a butterfly knife, and life was just plain dangerous.

• Smile 1
Rougarou
18 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

IMG_6685.jpeg

You know, most on here prolly don’t know who Sarah Jessica Parker is,….and thats sad, cause she did alot for her industry 

• Like 1