IGNORED

Out And About

Rinkydink

That was a good one! :thumbsup: One of our ambulances did a 360* coming down an icy hill some years back. No patient at the time. I’ve done some slip & sliding in the engine but nothing like that. 

18 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

No thanks!

In 2015, I had the luxury of riding a 190' flat bottom boat through a few days of 25'+ waves,......it was just like that.

On one of my cruises while active duty, while eating, you'd have to pick up your feet, pick up your tray and glass, allow the slide across the deck, put everything back down, take a few bites, and do it again to slide the other way.

My recent excursion aboard a ship, one of the newbies asked me why I hold my glass while eating,......."cause you never know when the waves will come"

Here's from my 2015 ride

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

No thanks!

I figured this would happen if I ever took a cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
Rinkydink

Kind of gray this morning so I asked Siri , “surely it’s not going to rain again today?” and she replied, “yes it is, and don’t call me Shirley.” Then it hit me, I’d left my phone in airplane mode. 

• Smile 1
  • Haha 6

For the Marine Corps vets, this is on R. Lee Ermey Road in Palmdale CA.  Grooves were cut into the right side of the pavement to play the Marine Corps Hymn if you hold 45 mph while driving over it.  Turn the sound up.  I gotta try this on my bike.  It's a good way to get people to slow down.

• Like 8
  • Smile 1
RandyShields
1 hour ago, BrianT said:

For Marine Corps vets, this on R. Lee Ermey Road in Palmdale CA.  Grooves were cut into the right side of the pavement to play the Marine Corps Hymn if you hold 45 mph while driving over it.  Turn the sound up.  I gotta try this on my bike.  It's a good way to get people to slow down.

Very cool!

Yep… the wife can hear that cake holder 3 blocks away. Are you eating cake?  No.. just moving it over. Dang it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, this brand new restaurant opened in my little town.  The town's population is about 1600ish.  Phenomenal place, good food served quickly by very nice young staff.  Has anyone ever eaten at a place with the symbol like this

1791573.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8b579ae4092d8

Must be really, really in demand, only been opened a few days and they were completely out of those quarter pound burgers they're so proud of,........completely out!!!!

• Smile 2
35 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

uh, my bad.  Have a good day

Houston typical day

• Smile 1
BerettaRacer
On 1/23/2024 at 4:16 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Holy cow...

After spending most of my adult life at sea as a professional mariner I've done that more times than I care to count. Eating??? What's eating?? Chef can't cook, nobody can get near the galley, and don't EVEN think of opening the refridgerator door!!!!  Sleep??? Try to get low and aft and wedge youself in. And me as engineer, pray that nothing to serious breaks (but it always does).

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

When I was young…

IMG_6812.jpeg

Drink til 0300, wake up 0530 to be on the road for a 3-5 mile run,........ya, those were the days, you could get drunk off the exhaling if you ran in the back of the platoon.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 2

Man, I wished I had this last week.  Swapping the 36v golf cart's lead acid batteries to LifePo4, I had no handles to pick up those lead acid battry's.  I ended up grabbing some 12ga home wire and doing a loop, but this is pure genius.

LifePo4 GEu3L_ebkAAGTYj.thumb.jpg.b6359d272026f11a2d7dd2584f2b2a17.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
On 1/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

IMG_0107.jpeg.1c71617bc2080cccc29e1bae2dacdee7.jpeg

My spousal unit was raised in Richland, WA.  Home of Hanford nuclear project.  Parent worked on the project.  High skool mascot was the Richland Bombers.  I found this humorous.  She had a different reaction (pun intended). 

• Like 1