IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

You think he’s serious? 

Of course he is , he's a used car salesman!! Proudly demonstrating that he knows nothing about cars........:java:First saw that on a '59 El Camino.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Rougarou

Owners manuals are an interesting thing if you read them..if'n you hauling something with the gate down, you can flop that up to show the plate

image.thumb.png.eb26c2097db6b1983f7342d98b226b7b.pngimage.thumb.png.d206015f9d3a856a23695d96699a0e50.png

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
Rougarou

On the USS Saratoga, the Marine Detachment berthing was painted camouflage and within that camouflage, was hidden pictures.  Kinda like the truckers mud flap pictures.  You can see some of the camo to the left of LCpl Mizelle and 1stSgt Schwartzenbach on the pipes.  This was the overhead, bulkheads and all through out the space,......I may have pics of the space but they're old school pics and I'd have to find the envelope with those in it.

image.png.8bb8fc04c72bcff9fd856679d69e84bf.pngimage.png.cc0c474c95077e759097e15364fbd687.png

Take a trip back to '87 in this cruise book

And meh, Porsche, just another car.

• Like 1

Just a car for sure, but man, what a car! :cool:

BTW I went candy shopping today but, only bought Brisket. :spittake:

Cayman S 

30K Miles

Six speed manual 

$59,500 OTD 

Too much IMO but it’s always like that when you’re tight. :classic_laugh: The BBQ was good anyway.

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

Edit

simpler times? :dontknow:

Oh never mind it has the AM Radio! :rofl:
image.thumb.jpeg.4279eeb697673acbcec1984a49de76e8.jpeg

I listen to Bill on all things Porsche, but, I had to lean on Jay when I thought about shopping Ferrari. :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Witty_Low

I'm partial to Porsche 911. I have had a few. Here is one I had a few years ago.image.jpeg.28ccb704235a9aaeafe0deec0c029a2b.jpeg

• Like 2
BerettaRacer

True story.

In the late 90's I worked for a well known car guy. He was also well known in yachting circles. He was also involved in Nascar team ownership, and a regular at Charlotte, NC social and financial circles.

I was his Chief Engineer, the fleet engineer for his yachting projects.

One day we had one of his boats in Palm Beach, and we had to bring it to Fort Lauderdale, nice easy day trip.

He shows up at the marina in a beautiful Aston Martin.

I'm like, "Hey Boss, why don't you take the boat down, and I'll take the Aston" He's like, "The Hell you will", LOL

So this guy has no qualms about me running his $50 Mil yacht (today's $$), but not a chance in hell he'll let me drive his Aston. And the Aston was just one of his many cars. And I was regularly juggling 3-4 sometimes 5 boats I was building for him and his clients.

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
Dennis Andress

New tires, 4-point alignment, fresh brake fluid. :money:

Driving it home :bike:

IMG_0904.thumb.jpeg.1c98342a0d9e406afbe1076d52739de7.jpeg

• Like 4

So, you’re saying Bring More Wampum ownership is chicken-scratch in comparison? :rofl:

• Smile 1
roadscholar

Recall campaign number 23V241000 explains that “the spherical joints that connect the wishbone suspension components on the front and rear axles can fail due to damage from mechanical stress and corrosion.”

spherical joints, you mean those little do-dads used on race cars the last 70 years or so. any decent race shop should be able to fab up a set to those specs if they aren't already laying on the shelf. heck, probably available on amazon in 2 days.

• Like 1
roadscholar

pfft, posers : ) 

this 67s was turned into a racecar the day it left the showroom and has been one ever since including racing in the 24 hours of daytona several times. the early days of historic racing required having the original bodywork (i.e. no add on flares) so we'd wrap a baseball bat with a towel and slowly stretch the metal on the rear fenders, we could fit 7 and 8" alloys instead of the original 4.5's. initially we put a 260hp 2,6l in it for a 3 hour enduro at watkins glen but later went back to a stock 2.2s engine (l80hp) to run the local tracks in the southeast, the car weighed about 2l00 lbs, one of the more fun racecars i've had. 

image.thumb.png.2d76d58bbc71e566dcfa423934f68f5b.png

image.thumb.png.d5f3a644eb3311e4e5f739a0f1ddff82.png

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
31 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

pfft, posers : ) 

this 67s was turned into a racecar the day it left the showroom and has been one ever since including racing in the 24 hours of daytona several times. the early days of historic racing required having the original bodywork (i.e. no add on flares) so we'd wrap a baseball bat with a towel and slowly stretch the metal on the rear fenders, we could fit 7 and 8" alloys instead of the original 4.5's. initially we put a 260hp 2,6l in it for a 3 hour enduro at watkins glen but later went back to a stock 2.2s engine (l80hp) to run the local tracks in the southeast, the car weighed about 2l00 lbs, one of the more fun racecars i've had. 

image.thumb.png.2d76d58bbc71e566dcfa423934f68f5b.png

image.thumb.png.d5f3a644eb3311e4e5f739a0f1ddff82.png

Sounds like the Miata with bigger balls!

IMG_2259.thumb.jpeg.4c99f01080e927123a7749a72c8a438d.jpeg

• Like 2
roadscholar

posted it before but this one won the fla state autocross championship (overall, a modified) 2 years in 77 and 78, 73s w/285hp 2.8l, 2200lbs, street legal and w/ac. 0-60 under 4 sec, very few cars in it's day were faster.

image.thumb.png.6ca61c41a4ff2e45ffe9deda2e753e5f.png

image.thumb.png.d7e51788d63e5471e80bde4e2af482bd.png

• Like 3
Dennis Andress

Crazy….

“.I’m getting old and it’s time to let my car go. 
It’s 1967 912 5 speed in Bahama Yellow. 
My car was featured in Classic Porsche Magazine May/June issue 2015 Longterm Love Affair 45 Years With A 912. The article is full of stories and adventures I have had with my car plus all the major maintenance it had over the years. I have driven my car all over the United States, Canada, and to Veracruz, Mexico. 
I just took it for a drive and it still sounds good and a total pleasure to drive. 
It does need some loving care from a new owner such as new tires, shocks, and new rubber around the windows. I did put in new rubber around the bonnet recently. It also needs a tune up and lube around the suspension. 
I do have all the maintenance records and documentation. 
The car is on its third engine and so it does not have matching numbers with the engine block. The car probably has about 400,000 miles on it but it has been well taken care of and maintained. 
I bought the car in 1970 in Palo Alto, Ca. The first owner was wounded in Vietnam and could no longer drive. The car only had 4,000 miles on it when I got it and I was 25 years old. 
I am asking $80,000 but will entertain reasonable offers. 
You can reach me at (831) 245-5700 
Email johnrialson@yahoo.com
I am in Hollister, California.  ”

image.thumb.png.91958e79ee57b85764ad02a903a5f58e.png

image.thumb.png.fbda07c5ebf8b9cfbccd22ec3747950b.png

BerettaRacer

OK, enough of these wimpy Porsche's, LOL, lets get down to some good ole' American Muscle!!!

This 'Camino was my bike carry ride back in the mid 70's when I raced motocross up in New England. 327/4 spd. w/ Hurst, Cragars etc. Gorgeous paint, light gold metal flake in the maroon, cowl induction hood, etc etc.   

The bike was a 74, 250YZ.

20200924_142256.jpg

2020-09-24 20.07.15.jpg

• Like 3
BerettaRacer

When I stopped racing I traded the Camino for this.

'62 Vette, 327, 4 spd, w/Hurst. Swapped the Cragars from the Camino onto the Vette, but they weren't on for this pic.

In the background you can see my daily driver, a 68 (??) Plymouth Sport Fury, 318, 4 brl, auto.

2017-05-16 20.44.05.jpg

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
Dennis Andress

Internet lore states that the only American sports car is the Jeep. 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Nice looking, it’s been at the dealership for eighty days.  Offer??? :5146:

2016 Cayman S

image.thumb.jpeg.e0e466b47132f818b6351e71aa765e84.jpeg

Time for the Mass's fireman to STEP UP!!:read:

• Haha 1

I’m thinking about calling today, I mean what could happen? :dontknow: Although, I’m finding that Porsche owners are not really motivated to sell like other vehicles I’ve purchased in the past. I’ve come across three different cars and put up offers that were in the ball park and no sale. 

18 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’m thinking about calling today, I mean what could happen? :dontknow: Although, I’m finding that Porsche owners are not really motivated to sell like other vehicles I’ve purchased in the past. I’ve come across three different cars and put up offers that were in the ball park and no sale. 

We call that a "clue" down here in Georgia! If you want the car you gots to pay up!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

this will be you

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:
23 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

We call that a "clue" down here in Georgia! If you want the car you gots to pay up

Got it! ;) :wave:

• Smile 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Have you got your favorite independent Porsche shop picked out yet, not one that works on 'imports', one that specializes in Pcars, if not start looking : ) 

Typically owners are enthusiasts and pretty knowledgeable about their cars, the value related to condition, and will usually wait it out for the right buyer. Dealers are only in it for profit and have likely bought them at wholesale auction from another dealer that didn't want it for whatever reason (owners almost never trade them in). Two types, the dealer that sells regular cars but wanted one for himself or wife to drive awhile then take a little depreciation hit on re-sale. The other specializes in them and other high line imports and tries to retail them at or above market price and are prepared to hang on for months or longer. With those it's all about timing, the best time for a buyer is end of the month because the manager wants certain units gone because they've been there long enough and is on the hook to keep inventory in check. Also Winter is the slow season, things pick back up in Spring and they all know that.  

• Thanks 1
Dennis Andress
17 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Nice looking, it’s been at the dealership for eighty days.  Offer??? :5146:

2016 Cayman S

image.thumb.jpeg.e0e466b47132f818b6351e71aa765e84.jpeg

Pretty car. Low mileage  What's it worth to you? What do you think it'll sell for in two years and with another 5,000 miles on the clock?

VinAnalytics lists these options:

• BASE     Cayman S
    220     Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
    250     Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
    400     19" Boxster S Wheels
    475     Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
    583     Smoking package
    680     BOSE® Surround Sound System
    840     SportDesign steering wheel
    AJ     Standard Interior i.c.w. Leather Seats, Black
    CNG     Rear fascia painted
    P04     Sport Seats Plus (2-way)
    U2     GT Silver Metallic
    XDA     Wheels Painted in Black
    XLF     Sport Exhaust System

PTV is nice to have, as is PASM (shocks with wires connected to a computer.) Sport Exhaust means it can get loud. It looks to have the bottom level seats.

I'd like to see PDLS+ (bad ass headlights). And what's with "Wheels Painted in Black" and it has shinny wheels?? Well... maybe somebody changed them. (The left marker light is clear instead of OEM yellow which looks good with the wheels)

I'd pass just on the seats and no PDLS+.

Drop by with access to ~53K cash. look at the car slowly and closely (run a finger around the bottom edge of the entire car like you know what you're doing). Make a cash offer and walk when they say no. Drop by again in a couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1
roadscholar
22 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

What do you think it'll sell for in two years and with another 5,000 miles on the clock?

less, maybe a lot less.

22 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Drop by again in a couple of weeks.

it's 3.5 hours away, in the wrong direction.

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
16 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

t's 3.5 hours away, in the wrong direction.

So… What’s that equate to in East Coast miles? 
image.thumb.jpeg.b4df3ef26ab21e042b1edf077769a4fa.jpeg

• Smile 1
roadscholar
2 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

So… What’s that equate to in East Coast miles? 
image.thumb.jpeg.b4df3ef26ab21e042b1edf077769a4fa.jpeg

a major pita, driving thru two northeastern cities and the outskirts of a third. 

• Like 1

I actually made a call to the dealership today. (a mini dealership) :dontknow: Anyway they want the full asking price plus a 1,600 documentation fee :14: no thanks. 

I for the heck of it made contact with the guy that was selling the 2014 Boxster S for 39K last fall. (He pulled it off Craigslist) I posted a few pics of it. Anyway he still has it, he’s got it stored down at his cape house for the winter. (that tells you right there he doesn’t need to sell it) He said he will forward me some new pictures in a couple of weeks. He’s not going to bend to my last 35k offer but it’s still a lot closer to my comfort zone. And I kinda like the guy in our brief contacts. :dontknow:

I will say, this itch hasn’t gone away and I’ve given it the standard amount of time. :spittake:

Keep on keeping on for now. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Until you get your new toy, play with it a couple of times then park it in the garage.  Now you'll have a 3000lb toy that you gotta keep moving outta the way to do anything worthy in the garage, all the while paying insurance on something that doesn't get driven but a couple of k's a year. 

It's like when I told my wife that if I won the lottery, I'd be buying my Aston,....she says "why, you'd just ride  your bikes",......and she's right,....so now, if I won the lottery, I'd just buy more bikes and an F550

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

^ That is a 100% right and I have no counter argument. :dontknow: :facepalm: :)

But, take my brother, he’s a hard worker and he likes things. And he’s not a tightwad like me. I was telling him about the cars I’ve been talking about here. I told him in my typical self “I really don’t need it” and he says “ya you don’t need it but you want it”. Made some sense I guess. :dontknow:

• Smile 1

I want alot of things that I know I can afford, but my senses take over and tell me that I don't need these things.

Can't tell you how many times that I've put a saw, drill or other upper dollar tool in the cart at a Lowe's or Home Depot only to put it back before checkout.  I have these tools, they're old, but they still work, I'd like new ones, but I don't need new ones.  The damn Ryobi table saw has been beaten to hell and back, got for $50 at a yard sale, I'd really, really love to get a newer, stronger table saw, but that little one does the job just fine.  Practicality takes over,......kinda why I got rid of the HP4,....twas fun to ride, but I couldn't haul anything,.....bikes kinda useless if I can't put a 20lb propane can on the back.

• Like 1

I’ve got the practicality part covered. ;) Two 20 pounders up front and maybe one tipped over in the back! Just don’t plow into somebody! :classic_laugh:

image.thumb.jpeg.fac3b91451f2dc2d3d22695f46faa9f9.jpeg

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
31 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I want alot of things that I know I can afford, but my senses take over and tell me that I don't need these things.

I constantly fight that battle.

• Smile 1
roadscholar

for those that haven't experienced it, driving a rear or mid-engine porsche is the 4 wheel equivalent of riding a bmw boxer, there's really nothing else that works or feels like it.

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
39 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

....there's really nothing else that works or feels like it.

A K1300 S

roadscholar

Maybe but I was referring less about top speed and power although the newer stuff certainly has that but more about agility and ability to transition quickly engineered into the boxer platform. I’ve always thought a good GS could smoke a K bike at the dragon and I personally know a 987 base can a C6, WRX, or a new Z28 : )

• Like 1
  • Smile 1