IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

roadscholar
7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Over the years, watching several videos of the alpine loop and several stock vehicles doing it, not impressed by the "trail",......scenery, yes, but everything looks nothing more than a bunny trail at elevation.  Having never done it, all I can go off of is videos.

It's relative and a piece of cake for anything set up for off-road, if you want to make it interesting try it in a Subaru, or better yet on a motorcycle. Why I told the story, those guys with the little Suzuki were evidently impressed enough to make a video, most people wouldn't think an old Suburban is capable but I like the challenge/adventure aspect and would like to try it in a 2wd with traction control someday.

Every year it get's a little rockier because of all the traffic, it beats up the surface then rain washes the sediment away so I wouldn't wait too long or you might need to build another one of those rock crawler contraptions : )

Stock pickup

Stock Grand Cherokee

Subaru's and electric bikes

It's all about the driver.  When a bone stock vehicle can do the trail, to me, doesn't say much that the trail is actually a challenge for the vehicle so much as challenge for the driver.

I had a guy, newbie, on some challenging bunny trails, him following me in his Jeep.  After some time, of him making it over some obstacles, but struggling a bit, I asked if he had dropped the t-case into 4by,.....he's like "how you do that?",.......after I showed him, he was walking it over everything no issues.

Heck, seeing that little 660cc Suzuki doing the trail is awesome.  Watching that Delica do the trail is even awesomer.  There's plenty of videos out there of people abusing the crap outta those little Kei trucks and the trucks just going "that all you got".

roadscholar
22 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

It's all about the driver.  When a bone stock vehicle can do the trail, to me, doesn't say much that the trail is actually a challenge for the vehicle so much as challenge for the driver.

Kinda my point. You should visit the area sometime, scenery alone is worth it.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Rougarou said:

How safety stuff works in a phenomenal crash

Those guys have been through that once or twice.

• Like 1

This, I like prolly one of the only ones, but I dig it.

GE0QxU7XsAAURrN.jpg.a2c496b24efb0fc8caf0ff8c209e0748.jpg

Has that utilitarian feel

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

This, I like prolly one of the only ones, but I dig it.

GE0QxU7XsAAURrN.jpg.a2c496b24efb0fc8caf0ff8c209e0748.jpg

Has that utilitarian feel

I’ve seen similar Porsches at Overland Expo.  Very cool! 

i-ZsmcLpW-XL.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

He still gonna call it a VW.   :dontknow:

Its not called Volkswagen Auto Group for nothing:grin:

• Smile 1

Another one for @MikeB60 Mike, I realize you’re recovering from some knee/leg/foot injury so don’t look at yours but does this look F-150 normal to you? 
Left side of truck as you sit in it.
image.thumb.jpeg.900d96fa2e311d7c65de7722a7df623b.jpeg

Right side.IMG_4667.thumb.jpeg.d425731c7b2ecdffea2fcca541d5a820.jpeg

And the reason I even found it. Dealership oil change. :mad:

Noticed something hanging down under truck.

IMG_4665.jpeg

13 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Another one for @MikeB60 Mike, I realize you’re recovering from some knee/leg/foot injury so don’t look at yours but does this look F-150 normal to you? 
Left side of truck as you sit in it.
image.thumb.jpeg.900d96fa2e311d7c65de7722a7df623b.jpeg

Right side.IMG_4667.thumb.jpeg.d425731c7b2ecdffea2fcca541d5a820.jpeg

And the reason I even found it. Dealership oil change. :mad:

IMG_4665.jpeg

Im pretty sure that's where you adjust the camber by loosing the bolt and moving lower control arm. Believe ford makes kit that replaces the bolt as well.  Its definitely been messed with and seems a little weird that it's all the way to the left.  Could have left the factory like that?  If it was my truck I'd have the alignment checked. 

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mike, ya, where it was moved seems weird (rust mark). I’ll ask next time I go there. 

39 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Thanks Mike, ya, where it was moved seems weird (rust mark). I’ll ask next time I go there. 

After you have a bald line on the inner or outer part of those front tires:grin:

• Plus 1 2
  • Smile 1
roadscholar

Might be a repeat can't remember, I know I put it in the Porsche thread on ADV awhile back.

• Like 1

Now a true car guy would be like “damn are those period correct Firestones” on that 442? :dontknow: :spittake:

I'll be damned, there are cars in those pictures. Missed that first time perusing the post.

• Smile 1

This could be a repost IDR, but is this the kind of crap a male Boxster owner will have to put up with? :classic_ohmy:  Asking for William’s friend. :read: :spittake:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3
roadscholar

No, chicks like them because they have two trunks and will carry lots of stuff. :classic_biggrin:

8FC4A558-760B-4CFF-B291-2CB8EF6913E9.thumb.jpeg.e981c41a8293c5b09d17a7ffbf8e6fa6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Smile 5
10 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Really?

That is the dumbest thing ever seen in automotive tech. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

That affords one the opportunity to piss off the neighbors without actually being there in person to get yelled at.   :dontknow:

Dennis Andress

I see a huge market for that with Harley owners.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
50 minutes ago, syntorz said:

That is the dumbest thing ever seen in automotive tech. :facepalm:

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1
Dennis Andress

I can't remember when I last opened the hood... But, the "Add Oil, You're Low" message popped up today; while Mr Olson and I were motoring up Kitt Peak.

Hey @TEWKS, is your deal still good to go?

image.jpeg

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Hey @TEWKS, is your deal still good to go?

I think so, car is stored down the Cape for the winter. He has my info and I think he wants me to buy it so we’ll see. A few paint issues that my OCD would have to deal with but price is in the ballpark.

I’ll try to post a picture if it goes down! ;) :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yeah, I've got the picture thing down ;) it's the subject matter that's in question at the moment. But ya the joke was my picture allotment has been extended at least once, maybe twice. :spittake:  

• Smile 1

I don’t have the car (or even sure if a deal can be made) but I’m already spending imaginary money on a carbon fiber chin diffuser. :rofl:

IMG_0697.jpeg

• Smile 1
lawnchairboy
On 1/27/2024 at 8:31 PM, BerettaRacer said:

tumblr_854d1bbbf0caf7cc8d061f8d30240928_6299390e_1280.thumb.jpg.ebf7f17bd5543c00fe4cda0ded3a1986.jpg

dad used to take me to Road Atlanta in those days, saw Newman drive a bunch of times.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
roadscholar

@TEWKS Hey Pat, fasten your seat belts these guys built a little drone/missile that can track a Formula One car. Like Max says at the end it's a new way to watch an F1 race and probably MotoGP too.

• Like 5

Yep, saw it the other day. It does 0-300 kph (185 mph) in 4 seconds. Pretty impressive. And hey, it actually sounds nicer than the car. Ha ha. The company is 'Dutch Drone Gods', by the way. I'm sure their business will go up after all of that publicity... but well deserved. What is incredible is how stable it is, not rotating at all. And the pilot has some skills too.