IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

9 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Any sunset is a good sunset. I think I like yours better, nice light. What kind of tree, Cherry?

I would of went with Cherry but asked and was told it is a Fruitless Pear. :dontknow: Yeah nice tree and all but, your sunset picture wins with substance. A nice car, beautiful ocean, probably warm temps vs cold rain all day, a brick building and a fire truck. :rofl:

12 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Yours is way better, Bill! :grin:
image.thumb.jpeg.229d0ef5328cfc27d0ae85eaae2f8121.jpeg

Well Happy Earth Day to you too!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Well Happy Earth Day to you too!!

Nothing against earth but pure coincidence right there! :grin:

7 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Nothing against earth but pure coincidence right there! :grin:

However you wish to justify it;)

• Haha 1
roadscholar
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I would of went with Cherry but asked and was told it is a Fruitless Pear. :dontknow: Yeah nice tree and all but, your sunset picture wins with substance. A nice car, beautiful ocean, probably warm temps vs cold rain all day, a brick building and a fire truck. :rofl:

Ok then I’m going with Jake’s pontoon boat on a placid lake : )

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

AKA Bradford pear or Callery pear.  Very popular with landscapers, and quite pretty in spring.  Also very invasive. I spend a couple days each spring trying to kill the ones that have sprung up in the wooded areas of our property.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, lkraus said:

AKA Bradford pear or Callery pear.  Very popular with landscapers, and quite pretty in spring.  Also very invasive. I spend a couple days each spring trying to kill the ones that have sprung up in the wooded areas of our property.

And split at the slightest breeze or snowflake, and stink during the blooming.  Had a couple in the front yard at my last house, ground them down and spent the next year chasing suckers.

Ya, pretty, but no thanks, I'll take something else.

@EricInIndy, @Indy Scott, Yours Truly and the local Clean Living Hoosiers got together to ride Wed.

Ready to roll

IMG_1851.thumb.jpg.16d0dcb23864c0908ed11b1077f7c73f.jpg

20200422_141601.thumb.jpg.80dc921d61a1086e5e656f1ab9c74acc.jpg

What? It's 4:30 and we are just getting to the turn around point?!

20200422_164515.thumb.jpg.b873e3b2ecc15bf68d32600ac7f31f68.jpg

And thus we split up, with the 3 of us opting for a longer detour to the Story Inn, from Madison, IN before heading on home

20200422_194730.thumb.jpg.50fed6f9e9628eb2cfe0f4fc2045ea6b.jpg

And no trip with Yours Truly is complete without some gravel, and, what this? A water crossing?! At 18inches of water and a mud bottom, we doubled back. I know it looks innocent enough from here, but it wasn't.

IMG_5785.thumb.jpg.6f05f0b98347c73e2a853ff9f08b2135.jpg

Photo bombed one of the early departure riders from his lake cottage . .

IMG_5789.thumb.jpg.ee78a617b8facc4d3ea1a372dc436d9b.jpg

And arrived home at 10:30pm, 347 miles.

• Like 5

Is it even possible to call yourself a K-9, when the local rabbit population shows you no respect? :grin:image.thumb.jpeg.285c4c5349009d121979a1494d26c62d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Is it even possible to call yourself a K-9, when the local rabbit population shows you no respect? :grin:image.thumb.jpeg.285c4c5349009d121979a1494d26c62d.jpeg

@TEWKS

What are the animal looking things at the base of the tree behind the rabbit?

• Like 1

Those are fake rabbits. We got them a long time ago when rabbits were rabbits, and dogs were hungry!  :grin:

• Haha 1

Must be true, I wish I had it on tape (really not tape anymore is it) but the dog wandered over towards the rabbit and the thing actually jumped at the dog. She turned and ran up the steps and in doing so, lost all cred with me. :grin:

• Haha 2

Looks like 4-5 Martin pairs and still one bluebird pair. 

From what I’ve read it should have taken longer to get a “community “ started than the three years I’ve been putting up the house 

image.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Looks like 4-5 Martin pairs and still one bluebird pair. 

From what I’ve read it should have taken longer to get a “community “ started than the three years I’ve been putting up the house 

image.jpg

What?

No Sokoloff’s in the neighborhood to keep the population in check :rofl:

It’s the wife’s birthday day and the daughters had some appetizers sent up,.... dats good ya!!

3A591840-2EFB-4771-8C7E-197736CAFEA7.jpeg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

How strong are their pinchers? :eek:

They more a startle than a real hurt, kinda like yellow jackets, one of those “MF’er” moments

• Like 1

Rougarou. Those made me think of these

I grew up in a small farm town just north of Pittsburgh. Most of my relatives were from Ohio
One summer when I was a kid, we had a family reunion in Newcomerstown Ohio .All the kids were

playing in a field when one of my cousins screams , the crawdads are done !  They all took off running

leaving me there by myself thinking , what the heck are they talking about. Still haven't eaten one to this day

6B1E7D32-A911-4A1D-A1E8-46D0924463DE.jpeg

25 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Rougarou. Those made me think of these

I grew up in a small farm town just north of Pittsburgh. Most of my relatives were from Ohio
One summer when I was a kid, we had a family reunion in Newcomerstown Ohio .All the kids were

playing in a field when one of my cousins screams , the crawdads are done !  They all took off running

leaving me there by myself thinking , what the heck are they talking about. Still haven't eaten one to this day

6B1E7D32-A911-4A1D-A1E8-46D0924463DE.jpeg

You missin’ out sha 

• Like 2
roadscholar
1 hour ago, lawnchairboy said:

I recognize that road.

Maybe, there are several like it in East Palatka. That one is called Louis Broer Rd, and it runs E-W thru a cabbage farm. You might be thinking of The Old Brick Rd which is the southernmost section of SR 13 and for all practical purposes ends in Espanola, it begins in downtown Jax. Although when we were out scouting yesterday I found another short section coming into Bunnell but it’s been (sort of) closed off, it was paved over probably 80 years ago but the sign is still there. 

Molly got out to see if there were dates engraved on the bricks, there weren’t but the company that made them was, The Graves Co, Birmingham, Al. She said man that was a long way to ship those bricks back then  : ). 

43E2BB70-2BBC-41FA-A0B1-9C9BC9D01551.thumb.jpeg.d1b7a40f508b314fc83ef581681798f4.jpeg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Ohio Rver at Madison

11C6F45A-C96E-4B8D-87F6-F55F90BC9101.jpeg

Good on you John:thumbsup:

Yesterday my wife & I headed off to Costco (1/2 mile away) & missed the turn off.

We wondered about the countryside looking for that missed turn....

8AEC0A08-7509-4F3D-BF19-FAE7D3838A68.thumb.jpeg.87d3229ac070cdc3f366acb5f1949430.jpeg

Maybe it’s down this road?
image.thumb.jpeg.c57048486f010cd2bcbd07eff682e3b6.jpeg

Along the way we noticed other lost souls wondering about..........

image.thumb.jpeg.fe22701afbac8211b6a711ec569c4425.jpeg

We drove until we reached the first roadblock (Pacific ocean).  We then turned to the South, forced to drive along its shores. 

At this point we found COUNTLESS lost souls lining BOTH sides of PCH

image.thumb.jpeg.1c868fbe36cf1a840c4b157b42e767f4.jpeg

Soon it was time to put the ocean behind us & find that elusive store.....

We did & I have the images to prove it, just not the bandwidth :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ahh, good thought! I’ll have to suggest that right after they shoot down my idea of getting a couple of Richard’s tricked out mops. :grin:

• Like 1