IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Looks a little different than my mop. :dontknow:  :grin:

9477FF87-7BE2-48CE-A98A-14F790731E75.jpeg

Oh the days of manual swabbing the deck are over,.......well, for the inside, both my garages get swabbed from time to time.

• Like 1

Our FD ranking goes...
Firefighter=Mop

Lieutenant=Mop if you’re a team player. 

Captain=Make sure the mopping got done. 

Deputy Chief=Tells the Chief when we need new mops.

Chief=Sorts out all of the bitching and buys the new mops. :grin:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

At what rank did the swabbing stop for you?

LCpl (E3),,......anything above that is NCO and don't do the labor anymore.  Man how we'd make the blue tile shine on those Navy ships (the Marines had the Admirals and Captains passageway cause the 'squids couldn't do as good a job).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let this Swabbie tell you, E-4 was my cut-off. Petty Officer 3rd class.  Once I made it to 2nd PO, I got to tell 3rd class Petty Officers to tell E-3 and below to "turn to...."  It, generally, flowed downhill.

• Like 1
lawnchairboy
7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

LCpl (E3),,......anything above that is NCO and don't do the labor anymore.  Man how we'd make the blue tile shine on those Navy ships (the Marines had the Admirals and Captains passageway cause the 'squids couldn't do as good a job).

On the kitty hawk long ago when we still carried USMC security dets; no doubt about it, the USMC spaces port and starboard amidships were the cleanest of anywhere on the ship.  

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

On the kitty hawk long ago when we still carried USMC security dets; no doubt about it, the USMC spaces port and starboard amidships were the cleanest of anywhere on the ship.  

In port Mayport, Saratoga, doing tile work.  I hear "Saratoga arriving",.....which is an "oh shit" moment 'cause I just laid wax between the Captain's ladderwell and the main passageway to his inport cabin,.....I'm on the interior side of the passageway, Captain Frost arrives on the exterior side, we're OK corral staring each other down from 20 ft, him a seasoned 06, me a lowly LCpl.  He says "Fresh wax", "yes sir", "how do you want me to get across",.....quick thinking me, along the bulkhead was an AFFF pipe about mid-chest height and six inches off the deck was some other pipe,.....I say "the pipe sir",......"I can do that" he says,......so the Captain, shimmied across the pipes so as not to ruin my fresh laid wax,......what a guy!!!

Don't ask about the ensign getting tangled on the pole and somebody had to climb up that thing to untangle it in in full blues, ahhh, the invincible times we were.

1 hour ago, lawnchairboy said:

That's because they had nothing better to do:4323:

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, ltljohn said:

That's because they had nothing better to do:4323:

Let these words remain clear: 

"Security alert, security alert, all hands stand fast.  Marine detachment sentries have absolute authority, stand clear of their movements and follow their instructions."

Key word in that statement, absolute, many a squid found out the hard way what it means to disobey.:4607:  It seems that butt stocks and heads do not make a good drum set,......but we tried.  Also, it was quite fun to bring an officer down to the MarDet and have him have to contact "his" boss to come retrieve him for "failure to follow simple instructions".

On the flip side, when fire drills were called, or live fire,......we stayed away,.....never knew who we hit when they weren't listening and didn't want to get hit back.

Christmas Day, 1986, we're stuck on the boat, it's dinner time, sailors that are stuck on ship have their families on the mess decks.  They're eating nicely, kids are having fun, then BAM, the above statement is blasted over the 1MC and Marines are jumping across tables with shotguns and M16s shouting orders, ladies screaming, kids crying and squids are sucking face with the bulkhead.  Our SOG (sergeant of the guard), thought it a funny to pull a drill at that time,........OUR CO jumped his ass for doing that alert!!!!  But it was fun:3:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Let these words remain clear: 

"Security alert, security alert, all hands stand fast.  Marine detachment sentries have absolute authority, stand clear of their movements and follow their instructions."

Key word in that statement, absolute, many a squid found out the hard way what it means to disobey.:4607:  It seems that butt stocks and heads do not make a good drum set,......but we tried.  Also, it was quite fun to bring an officer down to the MarDet and have him have to contact "his" boss to come retrieve him for "failure to follow simple instructions".

On the flip side, when fire drills were called, or live fire,......we stayed away,.....never knew who we hit when they weren't listening and didn't want to get hit back.

Christmas Day, 1986, we're stuck on the boat, it's dinner time, sailors that are stuck on ship have their families on the mess decks.  They're eating nicely, kids are having fun, then BAM, the above statement is blasted over the 1MC and Marines are jumping across tables with shotguns and M16s shouting orders, ladies screaming, kids crying and squids are sucking face with the bulkhead.  Our SOG (sergeant of the guard), thought it a funny to pull a drill at that time,........OUR CO jumped his ass for doing that alert!!!!  But it was fun:3:

Make yourself part of the bulkhead.   If you were stupid enough to get in the way during a security alert you deserved what you got.  I watched a boot ensign get flattened on the bridge of the TR one night, thought he could just stroll on in, Marine sentry though differently as did the OOD.  There is a certain pleasure in showing someone their error, like planting a boot in the chest of someone going up a down ladder during GQ. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Rougarou said:

The wife’s birthday present came in, it’s a mop

image.jpg

UM HUH, and I'm an Astronaut!  

2 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

UM HUH, and I'm an Astronaut!  

My wife is practical.  One year, I bought here 1ct diamond earrings,.....she took them back.  Didn't want that much money in her ears.  She never wants cut flowers, cause they don't last long.  Presents, when I actually get one for her as unusually she buys what she wants, are productive items.  When Dyson was introduced/big, she wanted one of those vacuums, then one year for her F250, I got her a set of Michelins.  Last year, her birthday was a Roomba i7,.....then we eventually got the vacuum attachment for it.  She's not a traditional "frilly I need romance" type, she want's stuff that makes her life easier/productive. 

"Christmas Day, 1986, we're stuck on the boat, it's dinner time, sailors that are stuck on ship have their families on the mess decks.  They're eating nicely, kids are having fun, then BAM, the above statement is blasted over the 1MC and Marines are jumping across tables with shotguns and M16s shouting orders, ladies screaming, kids crying and squids are sucking face with the bulkhead.  Our SOG (sergeant of the guard), thought it a funny to pull a drill at that time,"

I had a retired master chief for a supervisor for a while.  He said, "the 4 most dangerous words on the ship were, 'hey, watch this shit'. "

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Red said:

"Christmas Day, 1986, we're stuck on the boat, it's dinner time, sailors that are stuck on ship have their families on the mess decks.  They're eating nicely, kids are having fun, then BAM, the above statement is blasted over the 1MC and Marines are jumping across tables with shotguns and M16s shouting orders, ladies screaming, kids crying and squids are sucking face with the bulkhead.  Our SOG (sergeant of the guard), thought it a funny to pull a drill at that time,"

I had a retired master chief for a supervisor for a while.  He said, "the 4 most dangerous words on the ship were, 'hey, watch this shit'. "

Goes right up there with hold my beer and watch this

12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

My wife is practical.  One year, I bought here 1ct diamond earrings,.....she took them back.  Didn't want that much money in her ears.  She never wants cut flowers, cause they don't last long.  Presents, when I actually get one for her as unusually she buys what she wants, are productive items.  When Dyson was introduced/big, she wanted one of those vacuums, then one year for her F250, I got her a set of Michelins.  Last year, her birthday was a Roomba i7,.....then we eventually got the vacuum attachment for it.  She's not a traditional "frilly I need romance" type, she want's stuff that makes her life easier/productive. 

What a great wife!  

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Guess you'll not be checking into the ER after gift giving like these guy's:rofl:

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Guess you'll not be checking into the ER after gift giving like these guy's:rofl:

Nope, not me.

Of course, I can't get her a set of nail guns,.....she bought that all on her own.  A neighbor once asked if he could borrow my nail guns,.......I said, you gotta ask the wife, they're her nail guns,.....he looked at me all :16:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

I use to pick up this fellow Staff Sergeant for work.  One morning, I ride up to his house, his kitchen door doesn't come open promptly like it should have, but, I notice movement toward the backyard,......there's SSgt Denhoff, crawling out of the doghouse.  Him and his wife were two completely opposites and would have the occasional spat, this spat seemed a bit more hardcore than the last.......it seems she complained about his drinking habits and he complained about her drinking habits,.....all the while both of them drinking......anyway, Denhoff was a hard dog and too proud to ask anyone for a place to crash, so, he took up residence in the doghouse for the night.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

New Fiat

20200430_163925.jpg

Wife had a one of those Fiats, a 2018 model SLT Longhorn something another,.....anyway, six months later, she decided on the GMC Sierra, I picked the 6.2.

Her dislike was that over time, the Ram was uncomfortable.  I dunno, but she seem's happy with the GMC.

Hope you like yours.

12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Wife had a one of those Fiats, a 2018 model SLT Longhorn something another,.....anyway, six months later, she decided on the GMC Sierra, I picked the 6.2.

Her dislike was that over time, the Ram was uncomfortable.  I dunno, but she seem's happy with the GMC.

Hope you like yours.

I like the GM 6.2 much better than the 5.3.  Actually considered a GMC but got a better deal on the Ram. 

My ideal truck.......Ford body/interior, Cummins engine, Allison tranny, with differentials made by Currie and locked.......alas, that'll never happen.

On the Ram thing, I dunno why they didn't go with Cummins design for the 1500 diesel, I just don't get it.

1 minute ago, MikeB60 said:

I like the GM 6.2 much better than the 5.3.  Actually considered a GMC but got a better deal on the Ram. 

Ya, Ram will give a better deal, I can't complain about that at all.  I also liked the infotainment system that Ram had, but it wasn't my truck to "like",......it's her's, so, since she didn't, she got something else.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

On the Ram thing, I dunno why they didn't go with Cummins design for the 1500 diesel, I just don't get it.

Its a Fiat thing. The 3.0 diesel is a VM Motori design who is owned by the mother ship. 

One day I'll get me a new truck. Those big Fiats have their appeal, from everything I read they ride really nice. It would be my first, always had Chevy's.

Till then, I'm up to 18 years on my old GMC, holding out for 25. Then maybe. Or a new bike.

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

Its a Fiat thing. The 3.0 diesel is a VM Motori design who is owned by the mother ship. 

The hemi is bullet proof.  A supercharger might be a nice addition.  Just sayin'

Dodge Hellcat TVS2650R 6.2L V8 HEMI Supercharger System

58 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

The hemi is bullet proof.  A supercharger might be a nice addition.  Just sayin'

Dodge Hellcat TVS2650R 6.2L V8 HEMI Supercharger System

If anything is getting a supercharger its that red thing behind the truck!

• Haha 1

After the gov. bailed out/bought out GM back in 08 , I lost about $60,000 in GM stock. Upper management still got their bonuses and I lost every penny.

I will never buy any GM vehicle again !

1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

After the gov. bailed out/bought out GM back in 08 , I lost about $60,000 in GM stock. Upper management still got their bonuses and I lost every penny.

I will never buy any GM vehicle again !

I can understand that.

I get it and I got it,......pulling a open MC trailer with one bike to Montana and back at 75mph it averages 25 mpg.

Chrysler got caught,so now they want to pay me $3k to reflash it........:rofl: ...probable not going to happen.:classic_rolleyes:

Not sure how the newer ones compare

Bill_Walker
On 4/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, Rougarou said:

Denhoff was a hard dog and too proud to ask anyone for a place to crash, so, he took up residence in the doghouse for the night.

Hank Williams wrote a song about that, and George Thorogood did a rockin' cover of it.

• Like 2