IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Not Craigslist but hey, it's CycleTrader............

FS - RARE 2009 HP2 Sport - BMW’s Sexiest Highest Performance Boxer Ever!

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2009-BMW-HP2+SPORT-5013482214

41 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

You just have to dodge the “peaceful” protesters to pick it up.....

Nah - that bike is in NE just down the street from our old place. Protests have been mostly downtown and in north Portland. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Man...that looks like a cool deal... I wish it wasn't it wasn't 1926 miles from here.

That’s not too far - you could probably do a fly and ride with only one top end rebuild on the way home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
14 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Seems like alot of major work for such a low mile bike

I think some of the parts on those older Urals were made out of butter. :grin:  But, for 25 hun, it still might be a fun ice cream go getter. :thumbsup:

As someone who sold them for six months (before the dealer went out of business), avoid the 650cc Urals like the plague. They are the first ones imported and still used Russian sourced bearings, metallurgy, electrics....... the list goes on. When they upgraded to 750cc there were a lot of upgrades in materials that improved the reliability to 1960's Japanese bike levels. A curiosity at best in my opinion..... but the parts are cheap!!! and you'll need a lot of them. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, szurszewski said:

That’s not too far - you could probably do a fly and ride with only one top end rebuild on the way home. 

He isn't joking.  :grin:

The one I should have bought - the BMW Rusor!

Maybe you don't know the Rusor, but here's your chance to buy one and learn!

BMW Rusor - $3,300 (Issaquah)image.thumb.png.eb5c7fe06372577c09e616e7d0a453c2.png

My memory is a little fuzzy, but was this the 80th anniversary bike? Like, the one that came with an invite to the party in Germany and then a flight back for you AND YOUR BIKE, like, on the same plane? I know it was right around 2003/2004 because Laura and I had just spent a year barely employed with me finishing my teaching credentials capped off by an expensive move out to bush AK... if not for all that, I would have bought one! (And I terribly now wish I had!)

PS - took me a minute to figure out why it was listed in the ad as a Ruson and not a Rockster... do you see it?

It had me going there for a minute,  The poster lists the displacement as 1100 which made my search for Rusor a little more complicated.  Google asked me if I meant "rotor" and not Rusor.  So now I learned a little more about the BMW Rusor.  :dance:

1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Never ceases to amaze me how folks can own a M/C and have no clue what it is.............

I keep going back and forth as to whether I think the ad is a phishing scam. On the one hand it has the model of the bike and the displacement wrong, but on the other hand the ad copy and pics don’t seem scammy (bike/condition matches description, no weird grammar or syntax in the ad)...and it DOES say Rusor, like, right there on the side of the tank!

Maybe it is on purpose at least for that color scheme, but since rost is German for rust, probably not a name bmw intended to use. 

11 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

I am so glad you keep finding this stuff on the other side of the country from me............ST3......Yes.......

This is my way of defusing the situation in my head of “YOU NEED THIS NOW” dummy! :dopeslap: Maybe one of you guys will buy them first giving a bit of relief to my tortured soul...:D

On 8/24/2020 at 6:57 PM, TEWKS said:

I think some of the parts on those older Urals were made out of butter. :grin:  But, for 25 hun, it still might be a fun ice cream go getter. :thumbsup:

Ha ha, that really got me going!!!

3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

There’s only one thing to say bout this one...Eject Eject Eject!!!  :D  You only need to read the first two sentences. :facepalm:

00m0m_hccL9ANHoFD_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

I'm glad I gots one of them female human types that has no issue with toy purchases........only my limited self discipline keeps me from getting more,.......and a semblance of financial responsibility

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I like the fact that I know this but...... The "Retro" is the actual model name.

IIRC that is the only Urinal Ural that can be uncoupled from the hack and ridden as a motorcycle.

(If one really wants one then that is the year to get. FWIW)

Just more trivia that accumulates over the years........:4907:

26 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

IIRC that is the only Urinal Ural that can be uncoupled from the hack and ridden as a motorcycle.

I don't know about uncoupling the rigs, but Ural did used to have a solo bike available in the states. I think the model name was Raven, at least at one time. 

edit: nope - that appears to be a sidecar rig as well - saw a mention of the Solo St, but I think I was thinking of a cooler name...