IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

szurszewski
38 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Wow. That’s new. It’s very good for me that it’s on your coast. I don’t think Laura would be too miffed about another bike, but the inevitable performance awards and skyrocketing insurance premiums would not go over well. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Wow. That’s new. It’s very good for me that it’s on your coast. I don’t think Laura would be too miffed about another bike, but the inevitable performance awards and skyrocketing insurance premiums would not go over well. 

Like you don't have any bikes that might qualify you for a performance award.  Or two??

Put 102 miles in my flying brick today before the rain clouds made me turn tail for mommy.

I was reading a post by Dirtrider about doing the throttle position calibration and did that before cranking this morning.  IT WORKS!!  Holly Molly!!

But, NICE BIKE!!  Someone will be happy.

3 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Putting those bags on a K1300S is like putting Steamer Trunks under the wings of an F-18. 

What tha......??

I'da put something like this on the HP4 to make it more practical!!

• Haha 1
szurszewski
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I'da put something like this on the HP4 to make it more practical!!

Better, I would trade you my immensely practical Ford C-Max hybrid for an hp4. 

szurszewski
5 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Like you don't have any bikes that might qualify you for a performance award.  Or two??

Well, I suppose any bike could qualify me for one, but as a just barely reformed habitual speeder I am pretty sure the 140 horses of that k would be too much for me to keep at a trot. ...it’s hard enough on the relatively wimpy GSA and S. (This is also a primary reason why I drive the car mentioned above). 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Current bids/prices:

image.thumb.png.c12edaa8ea4788c32ebf30f0fb74c1b2.png

Ending prices:

CX650T-14410

CX650T-9625

CBX-19470

CBX-20240

Some mighty high prices.  Looks like one bidder got two of the bikes, spending 34K

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mophead said:

The Honda CBX's are going for insane money.

I always thought they were sexy, but not $20k sexy.

I always thought they were, uh.. , a little klunky.   Now the CB400-4 was sexy.  In a small package kinda way.

Seems like Honda has emulated most every engine type out there, singles, parallel twins, tripples(??), fours, V twins, V fours, V sixes, boxers (4 & 6), even two strokes but singles only, I think.

• 3 weeks later...
fourteenfour
23 hours ago, Veefore said:

This………..I had an 89’ back in the day.  One of those bikes I wish I kept a lot longer.  Been staring at this ad for four days…….alas the garage is full and I must resist……..🤔🙈

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/d/westport-1987-honda-cbr600f-hurricane/7352890942.html

I remember when these came out, I was in SC at Sumter AFB...  the mid to late eighties was such a grand time for middle weight motorcycles, from Nighthawks 700s, VFR 700, Ninja 600s and 750 turbos, FZ700,  the GSX 750, and then the Hurricanes showed up

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fourteenfour said:

I remember when these came out, I was in SC at Sumter AFB...  the mid to late eighties was such a grand time for middle weight motorcycles, from Nighthawks 700s, VFR 700, Ninja 600s and 750 turbos, FZ700,  the GSX 750, and then the Hurricanes showed up

My bone stock 89’ CBR600F would roll right past my riding associate’s 84 GS750ES (with pods, a jet kit and a Yosh pipe)……..roll ons…..acceleration.  All while giving up 150cc’s,  It was a remarkable time in motorcycle development.  I miss that thing…..

Now you guys have made me look for another Interceptor, dang I miss that thing. A Honda with soul, go figure. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Sumpin tells me he left off a zero after the 5.  If I am right it will be here a while.  It 1195 really is the price I suspectTewks will need a day off tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I absolutely don’t need another bike right now but for twelve hundred bucks, it’s way less ugly then it was just twenty minutes ago. :D No offense to any owners out there. ;)

$350-400 for the new tires and probably at least $75 to 100 for the new battery...  Hmm...a $750 motorbike....what time do you pick it up?

• Like 1

I just informed a bike less coworker of it. He actually liked the styling of it. :4316: Told him not to wait if he wanted it.

• "Wintered over with gas and Stabil and the tank needs to be drained now for it to run right."

That's likely craigslist-speak for it's not running and needs a fuel pump because stale gas froze the impeller. I had one for a few years they're actually nice riding and will surprise many higher-rated bikes in the twisties. 

• Like 2

Still looks like a smokin deal, fuel pump isn't that big a thing to change out, I'd def want more detailed information though. 

• Like 1

Just talked with the owner for about a half hour. Someone looking at it this morning. If they don't buy it , it's mine.
Comes with the bmw bags and cover. Hoping for a lobster dinner next week.

• Like 2

There is one born every minute ,and right now it's me. For some reason I was thinking it was more of a dual sport and not just a road bike.
Called the guy , apologized , and explained that I didn't do my homework. Nice guy  So far it's still up for grabs  FYI I am keeping my eyes open for a deal on a smaller GS  or equivalent

• Like 1

The belt final drive and a stone getting caught and imbedded in it would be my only concern. Did he say it ran? 

Hw said it last ran at the end of June . Starts up and then dies. Doesn't sound like anything major . Good chance it just needs fresh fuel and flush  Fuel in it is a little over a year with stabil added. I'm still him hawin over it, but don't wanna loose sight of what I really want

• Like 1