IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

• 3 weeks later...

Had one ~ 1974.  Wouldn't outrun a fat man.  Traded for a 550/4 honda…..wouldn't remotely keep up with a buddy's Suzuki 550/3.  Beautiful bike though. It was smooth but slow.  I put about 10k on the 350.  It was trouble free. I used genuine Havoline 30 motor oil because that is what I used in my car.

• 1 month later...

As I stated many times, Suzuki was my ride of choice when I wore a younger man's clothes. Loyal to the brand yes, but darn if my eyes didn't wander everytime an FJ went by. Might say...Whiplash even!! :grin:

1992 FJ 1200

00202_g0baimOvDvS_1200x900.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Colorado where marijuana is legal and someone's smoking it.....

The "Hummer" of motorcycles

I don't apologize for my cynical comment(s). I'm always amazed at how some CL sellers are seemingly oblivious, or not, to the purchase mistakes they've made in the past.......

On 3/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, TEWKS said:

I’d of pushed the “Be like Tom” angle. Katie seems not to enjoy that rear seat. :dontknow:

Honda-Valkyrie.jpg

Maybe that was the last straw for Katie...

• Haha 1

You always (ok maybe just me :classic_wacko:) wonder where your baby lands after they leave the nest. :grin:  Well, here's my 05 RT that I traded for the GT back in 2012. She still has the Mayer seat and black rims. Added a new screen and crash protection. Looks like it was well cared for! :thumbsup:

Pat's old RT

00q0q_ahEAxZ8dDWw_1200x900.jpg

On 3/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, TEWKS said:

I’d of pushed the “Be like Tom” angle. Katie seems not to enjoy that rear seat. :dontknow:

Honda-Valkyrie.jpg

It didn't work out for them...I guess she just wasn't into Tom or the bike. 

35 minutes ago, Ponch said:

It didn't work out for them...I guess she just wasn't into Tom or the bike. 

Scientology....:java:

On 3/17/2020 at 8:25 AM, TEWKS said:

Sport touring On the Cheap!

00V0V_jw7ypprJNiO_1200x900.jpg

That bike definitely has a cult-like following. Prior to my 03 RT I had a 94 Connie bought new in 95. COG is celebrating 30 years as a club (Still a member) First year was 86 to compete with BMW 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BobW03 said:

That bike definitely has a cult-like following. Prior to my 03 RT I had a 94 Connie bought new in 95. COG is celebrating 30 years as a club (Still a member) First year was 86 to compete with BMW 

I rented one out in Colorado years back and it wasn't a bad ride! :thumbsup: The new RT has probably spoiled me in thinking that same way today, I bet. But for fifteen hundred bucks, that's two weeks rental money. :dontknow:

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/d/alpharetta-1999-bmw-r1100s/7100400980.html

$3595, 47K, just north of Atlanta (15 mi).  

"Absolutely mint condition and well maintained 1999 BMW R1100S. All stock equipment and a brand new battery just installed. Never dropped, no rust, stored in garage. Extra front and rear tire included. No trades, cash only. I will only respond to emails or text messages. Thank you."

I'd get this in a heartbeat but already have one just like it (but not in pristine condition!!).  

The last two posted are about 5 miles from me.  I'd be happy to look at them if someone is interested when no longer sheltered in place.

With all this stay home time, some folks have a lot of time on their hand.  A lot. 

I hope it does not cause people to keep buying more bikes.  Not there is anything wrong with that.  

:dontknow:

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

With all this stay home time, some folks have a lot of time on their hand.  A lot. 

I hope it does not cause people to keep buying more bikes.  Not there is anything wrong with that.  

:dontknow:

Well it sure has cut down on the fly and ride home scenario ... :(

• Like 1
fourteenfour
8 hours ago, Marty Hill said:

The last two posted are about 5 miles from me.  I'd be happy to look at them if someone is interested when no longer sheltered in place.

Georgia just got a statewide shelter in place starting Friday

15 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

Georgia just got a statewide shelter in place starting Friday

I've been in place for a month already.  Need to be careful since I turn 84 in about 3 weeks.  About to lose my mind, or did that happen years ago?

11 hours ago, Marty Hill said:

I've been in place for a month already.  Need to be careful since I turn 84 in about 3 weeks.  About to lose my mind, or did that happen years ago?

Marty, YOU are doing better than some that are half your age!!

• Like 1