IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

On 4/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, wbw6cos said:

With all this stay home time, some folks have a lot of time on their hand.  A lot. 

I hope it does not cause people to keep buying more bikes.  Not there is anything wrong with that.  

:dontknow:

I think with CoViD-19 dropping us old farts like flies, unfortuntately there will be a lot of bikes making it to Craigslist shortly. Damn stupid virus!

RandyShields

Just read an online article about the plague killing mountain lions in Yellowstone and other parks.  Yes, that plague that wiped out half of Europe in the 1300s.  I didn't know it is still around, and claiming humans and animals still.  

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/04/plague-cougars-yellowstone-bubonic/

What a dangerous world we live in!  I guess I will just go out and ride my motorcycle.  It seems a lot safer these days.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Just read an online article about the plague killing mountain lions in Yellowstone and other parks.  Yes, that plague that wiped out half of Europe in the 1300s.  I didn't know it is still around, and claiming humans and animals still.  

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/04/plague-cougars-yellowstone-bubonic/

What a dangerous world we live in!  I guess I will just go out and ride my motorcycle.  It seems a lot safer these days.

Not worried about that one, the Navy gave me that vaccination once.

The good ones go quick, that 1150 is gone, I assume. :thumbsup:

Pretty easy in for a low mileage Wethead RT.

2016 for $10,485.00 Why not $10,500 :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

01616_iRvr2Vd3e7v_1200x900.jpg

PS... If anyone is really interested in this bike ask for Chris Pearl in sales. Eldon Richards in service is an awesome mechanic also. They are both carryovers from the SecondWind BMW dealership closure. I get no kickbacks or even a single brownie point. :grin: 
giphy.gif
source.gif

I read the specs showing it has 173 hp.  Wow.  It also stated the top speed was 125 mph, but the speedo shows 190 mph.  :dontknow:    I am sure all those mods will up the speed a little.  What is the real capability of the top speed, anyone know?

7 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

Darn it Tewks, there you go again. I wish you'd cut it out.:classic_mellow:

That's a darn nice RT for ten five, Hank! ;)

58 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I read the specs showing it has 173 hp.  Wow.  It also stated the top speed was 125 mph, but the speedo shows 190 mph.  :dontknow:    I am sure all those mods will up the speed a little.  What is the real capability of the top speed, anyone know?

A little better than 125. If my math is right 167 to be almost exact. :grin:

1 minute ago, Hank in WV said:

Yeah, but with this virus thing going on, I really can't even get up there to look at it.

I'm waiting on a call from them to go peek at the new Tiger 900. If that happens sooner than later, I'll take a look and report back. :thumbsup:

@TEWKS   I was told there would be no math in this thread.  :5146:   I sort of figured the stated top speed was from BMW, (blah, blah, blah) yet the speedo says otherwise.  *wink, wink. nudge, nudge*

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
4 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Laney and I once had ours up to 165 or so. Second gear at the rev limiter was north of 110.

i-XH3RXdk-X2.jpg

• Like 5

Went to pick up the MOA mags. I’m letting them “rest” for 24-48 hrs like a good social distancing guy should. 
I met Glen who owns a ‘12 and ‘15 RT. Very very nice guy who lives less than 6 miles from me. Pointed him towards forum. Hopefully he will join up here. I’m glad I did, otherwise we might not have met. 

• Like 1
On 4/13/2020 at 7:15 AM, RandyShields said:

A guy I ride with does the same.

2919.jpeg

I've contemplated getting  a rack from here  for my road bike.

• 2 weeks later...
Bill_Walker
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hold my beer and watch this!

It looks like the throttle and brake really couldn't be operated effectively by the same hand.  But braking is overrated, anyway.

• Haha 1