IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

szurszewski

The most important question for me, when shopping for a superbike, is how well will this handle crosswinds? Glad to see this one does ok!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A 2004 R1100S popped up on cl here (well, Seattle - apparently 2.5 hours north of here now - used to just be an hour!) the other night...

here's a screenshot of the ad:

731782674_ScreenShot2019-08-15at2_32_44PM.thumb.png.d41c5002d9828877dcb8b8cdc7f205fc.png

I can't put in a link though...because I bought it and the ad is already down :)

I can link to my thread where you can help me fix it though!

What you can't see in the rest of the ad copy is that I bought it from the original owner who parked it this spring when the ABS unit started to leak (or something?). Other than not starting and not having any brakes it seems in really good shape. Poor guy had just put new tires on it for the season!

• Like 4
On 8/14/2019 at 5:19 PM, TEWKS said:

Fast forward many years :-)) 

Obviously I've been wearing my BMW goggles for far too long because this seems like one heck of a bargain! Slow I know but who cares, take in the scenery. :grin:

00505_afBm1GE9sxq_600x450.jpg

I have one...it's an absolute hoot to ride on the forest/mountain roads around Central Oregon.  Puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up.

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
11 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Friend just sold a flawless 91 k100RS for $2.4k.  

91s were the best!

arch.jpg

John Ranalletta
On 8/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Dennis Andress said:

91s were the best!

My friend's

I thought about buying it, but I just don't ride enough and we're downsizing and throwing shit overboard to fit into a smaller space.

image.png.065766f78e9e2e96f2498dd40c52f99e.png

• Like 1
On 8/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, Dennis Andress said:

91s were the best!

arch.jpg

Maybe, but 85’s were fastest, they had different cams and bigger valves than subsequent years. Once clocked it at 153mph off a Honda VFR speedo, they were dead even.

461A1DCD-15DF-4CE4-850E-80C48B5F7EF2.thumb.jpeg.eb715cc0a8545a335959e5153942635f.jpeg

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Maybe, but 85’s were fastest, they had different cams and bigger valves than subsequent years. Once clocked it at 153mph off a Honda VFR speedo, they were dead even.

461A1DCD-15DF-4CE4-850E-80C48B5F7EF2.thumb.jpeg.eb715cc0a8545a335959e5153942635f.jpeg

I don’t want you to take this the wrong way, but the young man in that photo looks so suave. 

What happened?

:rofl:

5 hours ago, szurszewski said:

What happened?

It was a long time ago son.. don’t laugh,  you’re gonna get there some day : )

• Like 3
6 hours ago, roadscholar said:

I think I may have arrived! :old: :ohboy::grin:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Maybe so, but I will readily concede your “before” pictures are way better than mine are going to be. ;)

Wow. I can't afford $4M but for a unit with only 45 hours on it since restoration and given it's historic nature that doesn't actually seems like a lot of money. Where on earth do you find parts to overhaul a 75 years old Pratt Double Wasp anyway?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Pappy35 said:

Wow. I can't afford $4M but for a unit with only 45 hours on it since restoration and given it's historic nature that doesn't actually seems like a lot of money. Where on earth do you find parts to overhaul a 75 years old Pratt Double Wasp anyway?

Make them or have them made

• Like 1
12 hours ago, AZgman said:

Talk about excess money...

No kidding. Funny I was just thinking about how much money I'd need in the bank to feel comfortable purchasing this awesome aircraft.

(The P-51 Mustang might just edge it out for the coolest warbird ever built BTW) I'm thinking a minimum of 50 Mil. :dontknow:

13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

(The P-51 Mustang might just edge it out for the coolest warbird ever built BTW)

My dad knew a guy who has (or had) a P-51.  He was also his own A&P.  His take was that it was a wonderful airplane from the firewall back.  He wasn't a fan of the Merlin.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Marty Hill said:

Looks like it's on the cape.  How can you resist........it's so close.

I think it's Long Island but still close enough. :lick:

1qa40v.jpg

Nooo!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdXmDMeF5q9vc2xwkTkyk

I think my favorite of all time was the 92 907ie that I bought new and owned until I, in a fit of insanity, sold it to buy an ST4. I still look at old photos and wish. 40k and never a single problem though some had alternator issues. 

BFC70BDF-5C51-4682-8093-A96E67A0BAB0.jpeg

• Like 2

I remember seeing legit ads going for about half of that (those bikes are rare to show up anyway.)  I know it has low miles, but I thought they were real proud of their bike for $22k,  Ouch

I'm betting it was built for the hey "look at my custom chopper that's too uncomfortable to ride guy". :classic_biggrin: Very strange setup I agree, but, I guess it would keep you from worrying about a loose tie down. :dontknow:

• Haha 1