IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Nothing wrong with the color yellow, heck you can sell hotdogs with it. :dontknow:

image.jpeg

You can move people around with yellow. 

yellow-taxi-now-you-know.jpg

You can even adventure tour with yellow! :clap:

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

That was quick...

Ah yes, a short lived affair........now that the touchy-feely part is over, time to move on!

For me the enjoyment is in the wrenching, just not enough time to ride two of them!

Don J 

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
9 hours ago, mrduck said:

Ah yes, a short lived affair........now that the touchy-feely part is over, time to move on!

For me the enjoyment is in the wrenching, just not enough time to ride two of them!

Don J 

Yeah, I have one bike. Sometimes there are others around but my bike is the only one I reach for.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

Does it come with after-sale tech support? :D

Sure does!

You can have access to the secret direct hot line number.......questions and favorable comments are free, complaints and groveling will have a small surcharge!

Don J

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not Craigslist, but checking out the auctions this weekend and here's a 615 mile '96 1100LT  Ya gotta scroll down some.  I don't know what this dead guy did, but he had some toys, a beautiful little Alfa, a Bentley and the Rover.

3 hours ago, Living the Dream said:

...Ya gotta scroll down some.  I don't know what this dead guy did, but he had some toys, ...

Yep, ol Derrick Lee Davis had some 'things' / 'stuff'.  He's now deceased and all his worldly possessions will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.  He probably feels a little sad over the whole thing... But what the heck he really doesn't care at this point...

Thank you Derrick for such good taste in a variety of areas!  I like many of the selections.  esp. the toys.

6 hours ago, LBump said:

Yep, ol Derrick Lee Davis had some 'things' / 'stuff'.  He's now deceased and all his worldly possessions will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.  He probably feels a little sad over the whole thing... But what the heck he really doesn't care at this point...

Thank you Derrick for such good taste in a variety of areas!  I like many of the selections.  esp. the toys.

Dang, I never read the lead in page, just hit the calendar and view photos of the items to make the determination as if we are going or not.......while I'd like to go, methinks that this will be out of my league as far as bidding is concerned.  I would have likely bid on the suburban, but after going to a previous auction a few months ago that had a '95 F250 4x4 with 12k on the odometer in absolute mint condition that went for $42k, I'm pretty sure I'd end up not getting anything and wasting a day.

Pat, here's your horse farm

8 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

Pat, here's your horse farm

Good thing she's in getting ready for school. Because I'm not showing it, nope won't do it! :grin:

572293901_fl

Looks nice! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Dennis Andress
14 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

(978) 870-21..Nooo Dooon't Dooo iiiiT :ohboy: That was done using a dramatic slow motion effect BTW. :spittake:

Yeeeessss!!!   If the RS isn't for you we are parting with our STs. Both have Ohlins.

pair-X2.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Cheapest RTP ever! Needs clutch.

00V0V_anNelTNLU6r_600x450.jpg

that has been listed for a LONG time. A big turnoff for me is where it says they had it apart to replace clutch parts but opted not to replAce the friction disk because it cost too much. What other places did they scrimp?

Also, when do we get to see the ad for your bikes? 

Dennis Andress
1 minute ago, szurszewski said:

Also, when do we get to see the ad for your bikes? 

I'm being wishy-washy regarding mine, guess I'm too attached. Laney's is awaiting pictures.

What happened to the seat on that RTP?  Looks like a poorly done home re-cover job with extra foam stuffed under there.  Sadly the bike looks like a victim of that old joke "the cheapest thing on a bmw is the owner".  Also, if that clutch is so far gone that it's unrideable, there are probably more parts in there that are shot (pressure plate?).

• Like 1
Dennis Andress

I thought an RTP had a different sub-frame for the radio box which precluded a rear seat. And those are the wrong bags too.

It looks like they have converted the back to civilian pieces. If you look at the pics it has blue or maybe glacier green Tupperware on the rear and rear sides. I was thinking that would also account for the weird looking seat - perhaps it’s the police solo saddle fitted with the pillion. Don’t remember what you’d need to do to change the latch. 

Dennis Andress
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

And much closer to the intended customer. ;) :thumbsup:

I am NOT an RT kind of a guy! Light, nimble, and quick is the way for me.

image.png.1f5f225d0ee9d26b09d66e9be18b1f9c.png

• Like 1

Very Nice Dennis! :thumbsup:

My sales tactics fail was meant for JamesW in Florence. He's looking for a low mileage one owner RT. I feel It's our duty to help out! :classic_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

My sales tactics fail was meant for JamesW in Florence. He's looking for a low mileage one owner RT. I feel It's our duty to help out! :classic_biggrin:

In case it makes you feel better, some of us knew what you meant. :)

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Ahhh...  Seattle and Portland is a nest of motorcycle hoarders. Here's another RT for ya. (Akrapovic, GPS, Rich's heated seat in leather. more)

00E0E_hFdidBvzujz_600x450.jpg

• Like 1