IGNORED

It's on! BRR V

Matts_12GS

For people looking for rooms,I bet there will be cancellations the week of the event,there always is.

Yeah, just think of all the people who will leave when they see this bunch of bikers pull in, reving their engines, trying to do burnouts with traction control, and drinking wine spritzers in the parking lot.

---

For people looking for rooms,I bet there will be cancellations the week of the event,there always is.

Yeah, just think of all the people who will leave when they see this bunch of bikers pull in, reving their engines, trying to do burnouts with traction control, and drinking wine spritzers in the parking lot.

---

:rofl: Yeah and arguing which farkle is better for their bike.

---

Wait 'till you see all the farkling I've been doin'. I may have have to park in Marty's usual spot :eek:

Wait 'till you see all the farkling I've been doin'. I may have have to park in Marty's usual spot :eek:

I know the feeling! I actually broke down and bought a bike cover!

---

Ut Oh!! I bought the GS but that is far as I go,I will not be a farkle guy!! Must resist the farkle.... must resist...

If you start wiping you GS down at night, I am so making fun of you.

If you start wiping you GS down at night, I am so making fun of you.

Are you kidding?

Matt smokes a cigar while his traveling maintenance crew details the bike after each ride.

He does help by going over it with a white glove as they nervously await his approval. :rofl:

Are you kidding?

Matt smokes a cigar while his traveling maintenance crew details the bike after each ride.

He does help by going over it with a white glove as they nervously await his approval. :rofl:

You forgot to mention my riding crop and monocle!

No I don't wipe it down after each ride, I just like covering it outside so I can actually sit on a dry seat in case I decide to actually get up early and go riding before the dew burns off

Lone_RT_rider
You forgot to mention my riding crop and monocle!

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your own business. :rofl:

If you do he will talk you to in inch of your life.... :wave:

Joe Frickin' Friday
...in case I decide to actually get up early and go riding before the dew burns off

4957.gif.49a931b72449b007c67ee03bd594b530.gif

Did it come with a matching skirt?

...in case I decide to actually get up early and go riding before the dew burns off

:rofl::dopeslap::rofl:

I would think the dew would be burnt off by 11:00.

Nice n Easy Rider

:rofl::dopeslap::rofl:

I would think the dew would be burnt off by 11:00.

Hey Guys,

Give Matt a break! Have you been counting the number of brats he is going to have to grill on Friday night? Getting an early start may be the only way he gets any riding in before he has to get back to cook our chow. :clap:

UPDATE FOR THE DRAGON in case anyone is interested.

Tail of the Dragon April 9, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. TDOT has announced in a press release that the 11 mile section known as the Tail of the Dragon will be open from 8 am to 8 pm beginning Monday April 12, 2010. The only access is from North Carolina US 129. THP... announced that there will be zero tolerance for traffic violations

:rofl::rofl:

You may all be surprised...

Yes Chris, for a GS... I think it's all Shawn's fault from the KY scouting trip last year....

Nice and Easy, don't worry about me getting brats done, I have an old secret recipe for getting them ready. Besides, I'm gonna get up there Tuesday night it looks like now.

HMMMM....anybody want to let me use a bike? I'd settle for a scooter at this point!

Not having my RT anymore SUX!! Glad I can still read BMWST and live vicariously through ya'll!

Well today was a great day for riding with temps. in the mid. 70's.

Phill and I went up to North Carolina and did a little pre BRR scouting in the area. I had to check out the roads on the new F800GS, it sure was fun. I hope our weather is as good in a couple of weeks, I can hardly wait to go back. My wife and I also went up there in the car on Tuesday to do a little spring break hiking on the Cherohala Skyway. Not trying to rub it in or anything like that, but it sure is nice to only live a short 2 hours away from such a great area.

I still have the 1150rt, but traded in the 650gs single that I had for more power. I had test ridden the F800 when it first came out in 08 and knew I would have to have one.

I think I am going to ride the F800, it was a lot of fun buzzing around the mountain roads on such a light and quick bike yesterday.

Look me up Steve, I'll be there from Thursday through Sunday. It's been a while since I rode with you in the ill-fated Texas Hill Country ride. Remember where your name came from :grin:

So I guess NOW would be a good time to decide if I have 3000 miles worth of rubber left on my tires? I hate playing this game.......have a little over 7k miles on the front tire, and almost 6k on the rear tire. I think I'll be alright, but I guess I should order some new shoes now in case I change my mind before I head South.

I am in the same boat on the GS... I have to have new ones before Torrey, it's just a matter of when I'm putting them on

Paul Mihalka
So I guess NOW would be a good time to decide if I have 3000 miles worth of rubber left on my tires? I hate playing this game.......have a little over 7k miles on the front tire, and almost 6k on the rear tire. I think I'll be alright, but I guess I should order some new shoes now in case I change my mind before I head South.

If you think it might be a good time for new tires, IT IS! You can always mount them again if there is enough left.

Lone_RT_rider

If you think it might be a good time for new tires, IT IS! You can always mount them again if there is enough left.

Tires? Oh yeah, I should probably look at those... :/

It seems like the same tire dilemma every trip. I'd also like to squeeze an additional 3k but it would be close and I have lost that bet in the past. Not fun at all. I'll be getting a new set.

Paul Mihalka

The way I like to ride, my solution is to have two sets of wheels. I had them for my R1100RT, R1150R, and now R1200GS. When I get a new to me bike, I start looking for wheels in all the usual BMW parts spots. Sooner or later I find them. This way I can start a trip with fresh tires and later still wear them out close to home.

With using each year 4 to 5 rear tires and 2 or 3 front tires, tire management is important.

The way I like to ride, my solution is to have two sets of wheels. I had them for my R1100RT, R1150R, and now R1200GS. When I get a new to me bike, I start looking for wheels in all the usual BMW parts spots. Sooner or later I find them. This way I can start a trip with fresh tires and later still wear them out close to home.

With using each year 4 to 5 rear tires and 2 or 3 front tires, tire management is important.

Paul,

This is exactly what I want to do. I get as low as 3500 and as high as 5000 miles out of my rear tires, so I hate to waste any of it.

I did just see a set of GS wheels on craigslist for about $1200...

I might do a set of cast wheels (lighter weight) for sportier rides and track days

I did just see a set of GS wheels on craigslist for about $1200...

I might do a set of cast wheels (lighter weight) for sportier rides and track days

That's kind of why I'd like a set of HP2 motard wheels. spoon on some really sticky rubber and see what it'll do. I've gotten a feel for that on the KTM 950SM but I am not comfortable with that bike to really try it's limits yet.

Lone_RT_rider
Barring any unforeseen issues ..

Spike & 2wheel in for Saturday night

HOLY CRAP! Someone check for unseasonably cold temps in HELL!

Awesome man.... it will be great to see you again!

Shawn

Archived